PDA

View Full Version : congrats to the team for winning 3 games in a row

trapezeus
02-11-2011, 10:27 AM
50+ games in and we finally got three in a row. HOw long does this streak last for you?

I for one think they could win the next three as well. Plenty of time off, injuries at a minimum, team looks good and gaining confidence.

They still don't have 3 good periods in them, and they still strike me as a soft team, but i think they have momentum on their side to fix what needs fixing and gain ground.

thoughts?

PTI
02-11-2011, 10:46 AM
They can't lose to the Islanders next game, those games are deflating, especially with this nice run and the following game at Montreal. I might be going to the Thrashers-Rangers tonight and already have tickets for the Thrashers-Canadians on March 1. Don't know who to root for. I usually rot for the the Thrashers so I guess them since they seem to not have the longer term staying power as the Rangers and Canadians.

trapezeus
02-11-2011, 11:39 AM
yeah, if the playoffs are going to be a long term thing for this current team, the sabres need to clearly win the games they should win, be in control of their game against the 4-8 seeds, and play the 1-3 teams close and hang in there for a couple points.

If not, they are what they are. An under talented team without the size to really dictate a season or a playoff run.

I think we all know what they are, but we really hope that something sparks them to push themselves.

That TB game was fun to watch, but they came out so uninspired even knowing pegula is there and ready to potentially can any of them, and knowing they need the points, and knowing a good showing against a high ranking team would be awesome. They sleep walked through periods 1 and 2, and scored a bunch on a rattled goalie. The intensity picked up, but it wasn't the dirty goals that they'll need come Playoff time.