PDA

View Full Version : Highlight video to Cam's Workout

mrbojanglezs
02-11-2011, 11:09 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3peFT53pI0?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3peFT53pI0?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

OpIv37
02-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Friends don't let friends draft Cam Newton.

Thief
02-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Friends don't let friends draft Cam Newton.Says the guy who will be the first to ***** about it if we pass and he turns out good.

Bangarang
02-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Posted this in the existing Newton thread.

DraftBoy
02-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Ill tell you right now, and this is based off that video alone, his drop is not where it needs to be yet. He needs to explode off his push leg from center, he's not doing that right now. He actually takes a mini step to turn his left foot in to push off of, this takes less than a second but in a league where miliseconds are the difference between sacks and completions that's a big issue.

OpIv37
02-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Says the guy who will be the first to ***** about it if we pass and he turns out good.

Nope, it's not worth the risk.

If the Bills pick someone who is good, then who they didn't pick is irrelevant. Case and point: Bills fans- myself included- always ***** that we drafted Whitner instead of Haloti Ngata. You don't hear Jets fans *****ing that they don't have Ngata because they got D'Brick in the same draft. Who you don't draft is meaningless when you draft well.

OpIv37
02-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Says the guy who will be the first to ***** about it if we pass and he turns out good.

and btw, I'm getting really sick of this tactic around here.

Instead of addressing the point that there are a lot of risks associated with Cam Newton, you go after me. And you don't even go after me for something I actually did... you go after me based on your assumption of how I would act if a certain situation were to occur.

But what it really comes down to is the fact that this team needs a playmaking QB despite the fact that there are none worthy of the #3 pick. It's easier to go after me than to deal with the reality that we can't have what we want.

BidsJr
02-11-2011, 12:46 PM
And you don't even go after me for something I actually did... you go after me based on your assumption of how I would act if a certain situation were to occur.

I know this dog that everytime you say sit, he sits. Everytime you say speak, he barks. Everytime you say roll over, he rolls over.

Now I know this guy on a Bills message board that every time you say Bills, he *****es.

Eventually an action goes from assumption to expected.

OpIv37
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I know this dog that everytime you say sit, he sits. Everytime you say speak, he barks. Everytime you say roll over, he rolls over.

Now I know this guy on a Bills message board that every time you say Bills, he *****es.

once again, talking about me- and about assumptions rather than stuff I've actually done- instead of about the issue at hand.

Figster
02-11-2011, 01:16 PM

doggonit, now that sounds familiar :wtf:

justasportsfan
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
according to Carucci
“Not so sure that the Bills are thinking their QB position is settled. From everything I hear, GM Buddy Nix likes Cam Newton a great deal, and the Bills might very well be inclined to take him in the No. 3 slot. Now they also might be of the opinion they could wait to take him in the second round, and that might very well happen, too. But I think QB will be prominently on the Bills’ radar.”http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/02/11/carucci-qb-on-bills-radar/

justasportsfan
02-11-2011, 02:39 PM
but he went on to say

Now they also might be of the opinion they could wait to take him in the second round, and that might very well happen, too. But I think QB will be prominently on the Bills’ radar.”

Vic also went on to say that addressing the defensive line would be high on the priority list as well, which is very much expected come late April. He also mentioned tight end.

in other words his sources are mbs

Beebe's Kid
02-11-2011, 03:37 PM
lmao- you're doing the exact same thing that he is. Are you going to address the point, or not?

Dude, you know that is ****ing funny. I laughed for a good 5 minutes after finding that.

I have addressed this point, I don't like the idea of Newton at 3.

I don't think he is a sure thing, which is what I feel we need to get at #3. I, also, am of the opinion that Fitzy will be a very good QB, and could possibly fill that roll for us for a long time. I don't think that what we saw out of him last year is good enough to captain the ship, but I do think that he will improve, and I have a feeling that what we see this year will be much better than what many expect.

I, also, feel you take BPA, and I don't think that Newton is BPA. Newton may be BQBA, but I don't feel particularly enthusiastic about this class of QB's.

Night Train
02-11-2011, 03:57 PM
according to Caruccihttp://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/02/11/carucci-qb-on-bills-radar/

In reality - " That should make Shanny/Snyder call and offer us the moon ! "

Thief
02-11-2011, 05:20 PM
Ill tell you right now, and this is based off that video alone, his drop is not where it needs to be yet. He needs to explode off his push leg from center, he's not doing that right now. He actually takes a mini step to turn his left foot in to push off of, this takes less than a second but in a league where miliseconds are the difference between sacks and completions that's a big issue.I did see him kind of taking his time on some snaps, but other snaps showed a crisp drop back. I will note that he is quite a bit taller than most QBs, so maybe getting up from being so low has something to do with it. Overall though, any milisecond lost there is completely made up for by his long quick steps getting him back farther in the pocket faster. I mean there is room for improvement, but I can already tell he be at the depth of his drop faster than most starting NFL QBs. Cleaning up the little things will pretty much mean he will be in position to throw faster than the others. He turns and sets fluidly (off play actions) too.

All things considered, I see the speed of his drop to be a non issue, really. If anything, especially considering it will improve, it is a strength.

Just one mans opinion though. Thus far, I figure if they pick him, I will reserve my judgement until after he booms or bust. Meaning I have no real strong opion either way. And, of course, I reserve the right to change that opinion at any time. :-)