Jan Reimers
02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Per Vtext.

There go our playoff chances!

OpIv37
02-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Per Vtext.

There go our playoff chances!

I really don't think this hurt our playoff chances at all. These guys were bit players who were unlikely to make the team anyway, particularly if we have a good draft.

Oh, wait, is this that sarcasm thing again?

Beebe's Kid
02-11-2011, 01:58 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hZV_9RQfbeU/TTps51hRoII/AAAAAAAAAYg/mWu3mmaXEeU/s1600/Lombardi%2Btrophy.jpg

ddaryl
02-11-2011, 02:01 PM
what's with the abundance of sarcasm posts today

Must be that time of the year again when many get fed up with the off-season rhetoric narratives

and it's just the beginning

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I really don't think this hurt our playoff chances at all. These guys were bit players who were unlikely to make the team anyway, particularly if we have a good draft.

Oh, wait, is this that sarcasm thing again?

I just laughed until I <strike> peed </strike> pissed myself.

Mahdi
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I knew they would never pony up for these two. Cheap old Ralph.

Jan Reimers
02-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Sarcasm aside, it does look like we're doing some offseason cleaning up of the roster, which is a good thing.

OpIv37
02-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Sarcasm aside, it does look like we're doing some offseason cleaning up of the roster, which is a good thing.

yeah, it's almost like the new regime used last year as a tryout for a lot of the guys that were holdovers from the previous regime. It's starting to seem like they are more concerned with trimming the fat and making it "their" team now than they were previously.

And how I feel about that depends on the results it yields. On one hand, it seems like it's delaying the rebuilding process for a year. On the other hand, it may have allowed decent players like Parrish and Steve Johnson to save their jobs.

Mad Max
02-11-2011, 02:34 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hZV_9RQfbeU/TTps51hRoII/AAAAAAAAAYg/mWu3mmaXEeU/s1600/Lombardi%2Btrophy.jpg

*Copyright infringement lawsuit paperwork has been filed.

trapezeus
02-11-2011, 02:57 PM
i had no idea either player was on the team . i guess you have to cut a couple players to make room for the corto contract. no doubt that will leave us in cap hell for years to come. probably won't be able to sign our #3 pick.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I just laughed until I <strike> peed </strike> pissed myself.

You weren't in the shower were you?

Bangarang
02-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Ugh. Now watch them both go to the Patriots where they turn into major players.

Jan Reimers
02-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Ugh. Now watch them both go to the Patriots where they turn into major players.
I think Woods came from the Pats.

ServoBillieves
02-11-2011, 03:55 PM
0-16.

/sarcasm.

Anyways, eh... I was kind of hoping Woods would work out, at least on special teams/bit. I like what Op said, and any smart fan would realize what is going on (yes, I just called Op smart, and it wasn't sarcasm. Sorry to feed his ego).

Trim the fat, pick up players who MIGHT work out, and with the abundance of IR and roster players we have right now, we can weed through the BS. In my opinion, it's what "building through the draft" is part of. No major FA pick ups, but possibly good/try out players.

(sarcasm on)

But that Corto, man, glad we locked that up.

bigbub2352
02-11-2011, 05:02 PM
for a team with terrible OLBers and the need for vet depth i dont see why releasing Woods at all.. he is a better ST then corto and provides depth at a position of weakness for us

new regime same old crap

DraftBoy
02-12-2011, 09:46 AM
One of the things I really liked about our current regime is their willingness to get rid of and bring in new players during the season. When guys went down with injuries we wasted little time bringing in guys like Rhinehart and Urbik to replace them.

Im glad to see we are continuing that by clearing out the roster and making room for new players this offseason.

SABURZFAN
02-12-2011, 10:11 AM
what's with the abundance of sarcasm posts today

Must be that time of the year again when many get fed up with the off-season rhetoric narratives

and it's just the beginning

i miss the good ol' days when all i had to do is bad mouth Lossman and we'd have half of the offseason killed with that alone.

BillsWin
02-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Meh.