PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Penguins interested in Pominville

trapezeus
02-11-2011, 03:59 PM
thefourthperiod.com had a rumor listing a couple wingers that Pitts interested in and pominville was on there. that made me so excited i almost used my first emoticon.

THATHURMANATOR
02-11-2011, 04:00 PM
For what?

trapezeus
02-11-2011, 04:04 PM
does it really matter? anything to get rid of the contract, and get a player would be good news to me. one person speculated that pitts would trade Tangradi

i don't really pay attention to other teams, so i have no idea who that guy is. but i'll take him. sight unseen. He'll be more entertaining than watching pominville.

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2011, 04:21 PM
There are many players I would get rid of before Pominville. A pretty good number actually.

Ebenezer
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Doesn't trading Pominville escalate his salary into this year? Pretty much precludes the Sabres from adding anything of value.

G Wolly
02-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Pominville for Crosby?

I dont know...

Demon
02-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Just prior to his season ending injury, Fan 590 in Toronto talked about little chatter of a deal that would send Malkin to Buffalo. Although, they did say if it were to happen, it'd be in the off-season and not now at the deadline. It was JPom, Adam, Sekera and a 1st for Malkin if i recall or something like that.

G Wolly
02-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Just prior to his season ending injury, Fan 590 in Toronto talked about little chatter of a deal that would send Malkin to Buffalo. Although, they did say if it were to happen, it'd be in the off-season and not now at the deadline. It was JPom, Adam, Sekera and a 1st for Malkin if i recall or something like that.

I'd be good with that if Malkin didn't just get hurt again.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2011, 05:02 PM
There are many players I would get rid of before Pominville. A pretty good number actually.

Let's see:
Connolly
Hecht
Niedermeyer
Connolly
Roy
Rivet
Sekera
Butler
Connolly
Pominville

Though, for me, I would rather have Niedermeyer than Pominville. But he is useless on this team right now. If they could make the playoffs though, I think Niedermeyer would be more of an asset.

chernobylwraiths
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM

Don't know if I would like that. Adam though not a superstar in the making is a young tough forward that is supposed to have a little bit of scoring touch. Something in short supply on the Sabres. Plus, I was under the impression that Malkin, though extremely talented, has some laziness issues. Miro part II?

JD
02-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Guys..don't use this thread to talk **** about the guy. Talk him up really well!

JD
02-11-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm going to miss the guy. I can't remember when he missed the net last.. always accurate. Remember 05/06 against the Senators?? Man, what a goal!

Ebenezer
02-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Let's see:
Connolly
Hecht
Niedermeyer
Connolly
Roy
Rivet
Sekera
Butler
Connolly
Pominville

I'd get rid of Connolly twice if I could, too.

G Wolly
02-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I'd get rid of Connolly twice if I could, too.

Thrice*

Mski
02-11-2011, 07:01 PM
roy once and conolly twice

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Doesn't trading Pominville escalate his salary into this year? Pretty much precludes the Sabres from adding anything of value.
No. This is not the NFL

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Let's see:
Connolly
Hecht
Niedermeyer
Connolly
Roy
Rivet
Sekera
Butler
Connolly
Pominville

Though, for me, I would rather have Niedermeyer than Pominville. But he is useless on this team right now. If they could make the playoffs though, I think Niedermeyer would be more of an asset.

Niedermayer is, by far, the worst player on the team.

Has anybody actually looked at Pominville's numbers the last two months?

tampabay25690
02-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Niedermayer is, by far, the worst player on the team.

Has anybody actually looked at Pominville's numbers the last two months?
I would rather see McCormick on the ice then any of those 2....

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2011, 09:07 PM
I would rather see McCormick on the ice then any of those 2....Why?

This town fall way too much in love with guys like McCormick

tampabay25690
02-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Why?

This town fall way too much in love with guys like McCormick

Why not at least he shows 150% everytime he is on the ice....

Neidermeyer has been a waste and Pominville is a 3rd liner at best and gets overpaid....

Dr. Lecter
02-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Why not at least he shows 150% everytime he is on the ice....

Neidermeyer has been a waste and Pominville is a 3rd liner at best and gets overpaid....
And McCormick is a borderline NHL player.

Pominville is overpaid - I admit that.

But he is a solid 2nd line guy who can play all aspects of the game - PP, even strength and he is probably the best PK on the team.

tampabay25690
02-11-2011, 09:35 PM
And McCormick is a borderline NHL player.

Pominville is overpaid - I admit that.

But he is a solid 2nd line guy who can play all aspects of the game - PP, even strength and he is probably the best PK on the team.

POMMER sucks admit it...
On a good team he is a 3rd liner.....
Buffalo fits his style and dissappears for 15 games at a time......

Not saying McCormick is great at all we already have Gaustad that is a fair player that tries......

Just saying Neidermeyer and Pominville are wastes of paychecks IMO

Demon
02-11-2011, 10:05 PM
POMMER sucks admit it...
On a good team he is a 3rd liner.....
Buffalo fits his style and dissappears for 15 games at a time......

Not saying McCormick is great at all we already have Gaustad that is a fair player that tries......

Just saying Neidermeyer and Pominville are wastes of paychecks IMO

Since December 1st, Pominville has 26 points. Thats 26pt in a 28 game stretch.

In that span, he also has 11 goals.

JD
02-11-2011, 10:26 PM

Perfect time for a trade :up:

Poms, Connolly, 1st ('11), 2nd ('12) for Richards

clumping platelets
02-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Orpik and Jeffrey for Pominville and Connolly

Ebenezer
02-12-2011, 06:58 AM
150%?? Physically impossible.

Guys like McCormick are nice but what happens when he no longer has a career season? The guy is a career 5 goal a year scorer. In fact, this is the first year he has more than 4 goals. Thanks, but you aren't going to win a division, let alone a cup, with a bunch of McCormicks.

tampabay25690
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM

I know that.......
But if we can make a move now why not make the move......

tampabay25690
02-12-2011, 09:04 AM
150%?? Physically impossible.

Guys like McCormick are nice but what happens when he no longer has a career season? The guy is a career 5 goal a year scorer. In fact, this is the first year he has more than 4 goals. Thanks, but you aren't going to win a division, let alone a cup, with a bunch of McCormicks.

I know he is a 4th liner by far.......

rbochan
02-12-2011, 09:43 AM

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy189/rbochan2/1252004437944.gif

PTI
02-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Crazy people. Niedermeyer instead of Pommer. Pommer sucks. Only 3 right wings have 60 points or more each of the last 3 seasons, and Pomminville is one of them. He actually has 4 in a row. Wow, people know nothing at all. He is a good NHL player and would be at least 2nd line on just about every single team.

Dr. Lecter
02-12-2011, 01:53 PM

For a guy not signed past July 1?

Insanity.

OpIv37
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM

I don't disagree, but some of those players have contracts expiring this year. And some of them have contracts that make them impossible to move.

We have to start somewhere, and I would love to dump Pominville's contract.

OpIv37
02-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Crazy people. Niedermeyer instead of Pommer. Pommer sucks. Only 3 right wings have 60 points or more each of the last 3 seasons, and Pomminville is one of them. He actually has 4 in a row. Wow, people know nothing at all. He is a good NHL player and would be at least 2nd line on just about every single team.

Wait you're talking about JASON Pominville? Number #29 on the Sabres?

The guy is so inaccurate that he couldn't hit a barn.

But anyway, beyond that, Neidermeyer is only signed through this season. He sucks, we won't re-sign him. Problem solved.

Jason Pominville is signed through 2014 at $5.5 million a season. That's far too much for a guy who's not even a 1st line player. Getting that salary off the books so it can be applied to GOOD players would be huge for this team.

JD
02-12-2011, 06:11 PM
When you want to trade someone.. it doesn't mean they suck, it means they can get someone good in return because they too are good :2cents:

JD
02-12-2011, 06:14 PM
For a guy not signed past July 1?

Insanity.
My apologies, I want to win a cup this year.

This is assuming a contract would be worked out. With dumping the players I had mentioned in another thread, we would have about 14 million in cap space. Plenty of room to throw $$ at Richards to stay LT.