PDA

View Full Version : The Penguins / Islanders rematch..

JD
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Anyone see this?? Holy ****, when was the NHL ever this exciting???

I say they bank on this and let everything get out of hand.

317 penalty minutes.
Player goes to fight Johnson after he TKO'd Dipietro last game.. Penguins player comes OFF THE BENCH and both player/goalie kick said players ass :rofl:

INSANITY!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-S9mCL5JiDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/J4FrNDkAYVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gkpg23ocOVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yLYh-aeEL7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1BQtfJisxoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JD
02-11-2011, 10:19 PM
1st Period
02:37 NYI Micheal Haley : Roughing - 2 min
10:22 NYI Micheal Haley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
10:22 PIT Craig Adams : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
14:33 NYI Travis Hamonic : Hooking - 2 min
15:51 PIT Eric Tangradi : Too many men/ice - bench - 2 min
17:56 PIT Eric Godard : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
17:56 NYI Trevor Gillies : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
20:00 NYI John Tavares : Slashing - 2 min

2nd Period
05:21 NYI Josh Bailey : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
05:21 PIT Pascal Dupuis : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
05:21 NYI Travis Hamonic : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
05:21 PIT Michael Rupp : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
05:21 PIT Deryk Engelland : Game misconduct - 0 min
05:21 NYI Travis Hamonic : Game misconduct - 0 min
05:21 NYI Matt Martin : Instigator - 2 min
05:21 PIT Deryk Engelland : Roughing - 2 min
05:21 NYI Josh Bailey : Game misconduct - 0 min
05:21 PIT Pascal Dupuis : Game misconduct - 0 min
05:21 PIT Michael Rupp : Game misconduct - 0 min
05:21 NYI Trevor Gillies : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
05:21 NYI Matt Martin : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
05:21 NYI Matt Martin : Game misconduct - 0 min
07:51 NYI Frans Nielsen : Slashing - 2 min
17:20 PIT Eric Godard : Roughing - 2 min
17:30 PIT Zbynek Michalek : Slashing - 2 min

3rd Period
01:19 NYI Kyle Okposo : Roughing - 2 min
01:19 PIT Brooks Orpik : Charging - 2 min
04:47 NYI Micheal Haley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
04:47 PIT Maxime Talbot : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
04:47 PIT Craig Adams : Roughing - 2 min
04:47 PIT Craig Adams : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:47 PIT Eric Godard : Roughing - 2 min
04:47 PIT Eric Godard : Roughing - 2 min
04:47 PIT Eric Godard : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:47 PIT Eric Godard : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:47 NYI Micheal Haley : Instigator - 2 min
04:47 NYI Micheal Haley : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
04:47 NYI Trevor Gillies served by Jesse Joensuu : Elbowing (maj) - 5 min
04:47 NYI Trevor Gillies : Roughing - 2 min
04:47 NYI Trevor Gillies : Roughing - 2 min
04:47 NYI Trevor Gillies : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
04:47 NYI Trevor Gillies : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:47 NYI Micheal Haley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
04:47 NYI Micheal Haley : Game misconduct - 0 min
04:47 PIT Brent Johnson served by Marc-Andre Fleury : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
12:12 PIT Brett Sterling : Roughing - 2 min
12:12 NYI Kyle Okposo : Interference on goalkeeper - 2 min
12:40 PIT Tyler Kennedy : Holding - 2 min
16:04 PIT Kris Letang : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
16:04 NYI Kyle Okposo : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
16:04 NYI Jesse Joensuu : Too many men/ice - bench - 2 min
16:04 PIT Kris Letang : Roughing - 2 min
16:04 NYI Kyle Okposo : Roughing - 2 min
16:04 PIT Maxime Talbot : Roughing - 2 min
16:04 NYI Zenon Konopka : Roughing - 2 min
16:04 PIT Maxime Talbot : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
16:04 NYI Zenon Konopka : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
16:12 NYI Jack Hillen : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
16:12 PIT Brett Sterling : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min
17:43 NYI Andrew MacDonald : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
17:43 PIT Joe Vitale : Fighting (maj) - 5 min
17:43 PIT Joe Vitale : Cross checking - 2 min
17:43 NYI Andrew MacDonald : Cross checking - 2 min
17:58 PIT Ryan Craig served by Alex Goligoski : Cross checking - 2 min
17:58 PIT Ryan Craig : Misconduct (10 min) - 0 min

hammerbillsfan
02-12-2011, 12:13 AM
346 minutes when all said and done :rofl:

clumping platelets
02-12-2011, 02:04 AM
:punch:

Ebenezer
02-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Actually, not so good. These weren't fights they were targets. Guys just went out and openly started fights, the fights were not a consequence of the play on the ice. This is not what the NHL needs. According to NHL On the Fly a couple of instant 10 game suspensions are going to be handed out. This wasn't old time hockey, it was garbage.

rbochan
02-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Actually, not so good. These weren't fights they were targets. Guys just went out and openly started fights, the fights were not a consequence of the play on the ice. This is not what the NHL needs. According to NHL On the Fly a couple of instant 10 game suspensions are going to be handed out. This wasn't old time hockey, it was garbage.
Is that you Gary?

JD
02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure this "old time hockey" you speak of is exactly what we seen last night. Players retaliating in the rematch bout to settle scores from a previous game.

SkateZilla
02-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Good we play the islanders tomarow nite and they'll have a short bench ....

SabreEleven
02-12-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm pretty sure this "old time hockey" you speak of is exactly what we seen last night. Players retaliating in the rematch bout to settle scores from a previous game.

The only thing that didn't make it old time was that the benches didn't clear at one point.

Ebenezer
02-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Actually, no. No it wasn't.

SabreEleven
02-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Actually, no. No it wasn't.

You seem to be the only one who doesn't think so.

Isles get double dose of revenge on Pens
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/isles-get-double-dose-of-revenge-on-pens.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+typepad/buffalonews/sabres+(Sabres+Edge)

TSN has a terrific video recap of all the festivities that you can see at this link. A throwback night to the 70s.

Ebenezer
02-12-2011, 02:35 PM
You seem to be the only one who doesn't think so.

Isles get double dose of revenge on Pens
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/isles-get-double-dose-of-revenge-on-pens.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+typepad/buffalonews/sabres+(Sabres+Edge)

TSN has a terrific video recap of all the festivities that you can see at this link. A throwback night to the 70s.
Wow. Do we really want to go back to preplanned bench clearing brawls and premeditated attacks? That's not tough; that's thuggery. The game was only played like that for a decade. Not before, not since. Guys leaving the off ice surface to attack a goalie? That's disgusting. Toughness? Sure, love it. Fights? Absolutely, when justified. Intentionally setting out to attack and hurt somebody? Grow up.

jamze132
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
I thought it was awesome and will definitely attract more young viewers than that stupid carton project crap the NHL is coming out with.

Ebenezer
02-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I thought it was awesome and will definitely attract more young viewers than that stupid carton project crap the NHL is coming out with.
The problem is it's contrived. If it was so important for the NYI to stand up for DiPietro then why not do it the night of the original game? Why not attack the bench? Go after the locker room or wait for them outside the arena? Why wait until the next game, a game they are winning 6-0, when they have nothing to play for in that the NYI aren't making the playoffs? This wasn't toughness; it was thuggery.

jamze132
02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
The problem is it's contrived. If it was so important for the NYI to stand up for DiPietro then why not do it the night of the original game? Why not attack the bench? Go after the locker room or wait for them outside the arena? Why wait until the next game, a game they are winning 6-0, when they have nothing to play for in that the NYI aren't making the playoffs? This wasn't toughness; it was thuggery.
The teams were separated during the intermissions.

LtFinFan66
02-12-2011, 03:43 PM
the Pens goalie seems like he can handle himself just fine:up:

rbochan
02-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Wow. Do we really want to go back to preplanned bench clearing brawls and premeditated attacks? That's not tough; that's thuggery. The game was only played like that for a decade. Not before, not since. Guys leaving the off ice surface to attack a goalie? That's disgusting. Toughness? Sure, love it. Fights? Absolutely, when justified. Intentionally setting out to attack and hurt somebody? Grow up.
http://blog.ctnews.com/duffy/files/2011/01/BuzzKillington.jpg

JD
02-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Call it "thuggery" all you want. It created excitement, hell.. it was even trending on twitter. When was the last time anything hockey related was a trend??

I say amp up the fighting next year, especially if the NFL has a lockout.. what better way to attract more viewers? Turn it into Mutant League Hockey!
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AlsLPA3wI-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ebenezer
02-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Call it "thuggery" all you want. It created excitement, hell.. it was even trending on twitter. When was the last time anything hockey related was a trend??

I say amp up the fighting next year, especially if the NFL has a lockout.. what better way to attract more viewers? Turn it into Mutant League Hockey!
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AlsLPA3wI-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
A fight trended on Twitter. Nobody is going to watch it long term because of a fight.

Beebe's Kid
02-12-2011, 08:05 PM
A fight trended on Twitter. Nobody is going to watch it long term because of a fight.

I can't believe I am siding with Eb on this, but it's not even close. This is far, far from good for the game.

They were talking about fighting on WGR last week, and I have to agree that I guess things are different then when I was 18, with no kids to explain this to, and a serious liquor habit. I probably wouldn't have thought it was all that awesome then, either.

Maybe I'm just a pussy, although I have a feeling the tough guys that talk about how great this is would be the last ones to stick up for a teammate.

Trending on Twitter?? Wow there is a ****ing aspiration. Jersey Shore and the hockey fight...elite company.

SkateZilla
02-12-2011, 08:22 PM
amp up fighting and Peters will un-retire

JD
02-12-2011, 09:02 PM
I can't believe I am siding with Eb on this, but it's not even close. This is far, far from good for the game.

They were talking about fighting on WGR last week, and I have to agree that I guess things are different then when I was 18, with no kids to explain this to, and a serious liquor habit. I probably wouldn't have thought it was all that awesome then, either.

Maybe I'm just a pussy, although I have a feeling the tough guys that talk about how great this is would be the last ones to stick up for a teammate.

Trending on Twitter?? Wow there is a ****ing aspiration. Jersey Shore and the hockey fight...elite company.

Bash on the trending thing all you want but it has more power than you'd imagine.

SabreEleven
02-12-2011, 11:21 PM
If the lslanders play like that against the Sabres tomorrow, they are going to run through them like a hot knife.

rbochan
02-13-2011, 06:59 AM
...This is far, far from good for the game...

It's good for the game if only for the fact that Gary Bettman died a little inside.

chernobylwraiths
02-13-2011, 07:09 AM
If the lslanders play like that against the Sabres tomorrow, they are going to run through them like a hot knife.

Two of their guys got suspended. But Hailey didn't. Maybe he went after Johnson as a tribute to the recently retired Peters.