PDA

View Full Version : Post Sabres/Isles vent thread

JD
02-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Part Un:

HOLY ****!

Miller was brutal.

"Well he's played 31 straight games omgzzzz"

Shut the **** up. To me, it's not 31 straight. He had plenty of time off for the all-star break. No excuses. Maybe he should go easy on that vagina of his back at home so he can be well rested for game time.

Call up Enroth and give Mr. Softy a break for 3 of the next 4 games so he has no more excuses.

Part Deux:

Sekera.
ARE YOU ****ING JOKING!? If anyone would care to fight for his spot on next years roster, please plead your case.

:curtsey:

PS. The Rangers won, as did the Hurricanes.
Oh.. and Ryan Miller? 2.68 GAA (26th) .913 S%(25th)

bigbub2352
02-13-2011, 09:53 PM
one thing i dont understand is we have players in the AHL ready to make the jump in my opinion
Enroth should be the backup if ruff has so little faith in Lalime....teams do waive players mid-season to make room for youngster's yet Darcy stays silent

Mancari
Adam
can switch out with grier and neidermeyer

andre gragani maybe for butler who is awful...give marc a real shot up here

Cleve
02-13-2011, 10:23 PM
How do the Sabres keep losing to the friggin' Islanders of all teams? They're one of the worst teams in the NHL

G Wolly
02-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Pegula will straighten out this mess.

DrGraves
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
I'm not going to defend miller nor jump on his back at this point. i would like to see him get a day off here or there. not because he is playing poorly because he is tired but because if this team wants to make a run down the stretch we are going to need him at 110% and fully focused. I think a few nights off would help out a lot. I mean we knew the islanders were going to beat us going into this game, should have started lalime for that reason.

Cleve
02-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Problem is - if they put Lalime in the net - it's an almost guaranteed loss for the Sabres. So I can understand why they're reluctant to do so, since each game is crucial right now. But at some point Miller will get burned out (if he hasn't already) with the constant starts.

Won't do much good to squeak into the playoffs if the Sabres star goalie is too banged up or beat up to be useful. Sabres management needs to get Enroth or someone capable of defending the net well enough for the Sabres to win down here so that Ryan can get a few days off.

Beebe's Kid
02-14-2011, 06:24 AM
I'm not going to defend miller nor jump on his back at this point. i would like to see him get a day off here or there. not because he is playing poorly because he is tired but because if this team wants to make a run down the stretch we are going to need him at 110% and fully focused. I think a few nights off would help out a lot. I mean we knew the islanders were going to beat us going into this game, should have started lalime for that reason.

Well, don't worry about jumping him...he chapped Sully's ass so he'll do that for you (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article341056.ece)

What a bunch of pieces of ****, in my opinion. The guy obviously had a tough day at the office, and is frustrated, and you have no time to digest it, and there they are...the awesome Buffalo press. There's Sully, never played a meaningful minute of anything in his entire life, yet earns a living criticizing everybody that does...I wish Miller would have punched him in the ****ing face.

Beebe's Kid
02-14-2011, 06:25 AM
Problem is - if they put Lalime in the net - it's an almost guaranteed loss for the Sabres. So I can understand why they're reluctant to do so, since each game is crucial right now. But at some point Miller will get burned out (if he hasn't already) with the constant starts.

Won't do much good to squeak into the playoffs if the Sabres star goalie is too banged up or beat up to be useful. Sabres management needs to get Enroth or someone capable of defending the net well enough for the Sabres to win down here so that Ryan can get a few days off.

Absolutely correct. I don't think there is another answer.

PTI
02-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Islanders traded Roloson to Tampa Bay for a minor league defensemen. I really wanted Sabres to give back Lalime and a draft pick or I am sure they had someone they could have lured the Islanders into. He is older, but better than Lalime and a one time Sabres player, and really could have made this team better. To me that was a an opportunity lost there.

Meanwhile, Miller is simply average.

I am with the one guy above, Mancari and Adam for Nieds and Grier, those guys are done.

Need the Connolly/Ennis/Stafford line to stay hot.

rbochan
02-14-2011, 08:58 AM
I blame society.

And by society, I mean Mindy Fluff.

trapezeus
02-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Miller was truly awful yesterday. He just looked lackidaisical. The OT goal was savable. I feel like miller is going down even faster than usual these days.

The 5 hole goal to make it 4-3 was when you could tell that it was over forMiller. That he was indeed shaky that night.

The sabres aren't a 6-7 goal team. i think we are still built to be a 3 goal a game team. if we get three, we have to win. and it's on teh goalie.

I don't buy that miller needs rest now. he had 10 days with the allstar break.

but a game like that screams what was kind of being hinted at in Tampa. The sabres aren't really a playoff team. they score too many pretty regular season goals that simply won't be there in the playoffs vs better teams. one touch passes with huge rebounds in front of the net. They aren't getting t he sloppy stand in front of the net goals.

This team needs to be a seller come the 28th. Even entertain getting boston's 5th pick in the draft. they are apparently shopping it.

JD
02-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Did you see Millers record against the Islanders going into yesterday? 3.16 GAA or something like that.. starting Enroth would have been a no-brainer!

JD
02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
Watch Enroth come in and be Tukka of 2010.

PTI
02-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Watch Enroth come in and be Tukka of 2010.

It is silly for him to not be playing in 1/3 of the games at this point. Problem is, Enroth is not close to the top in AHL stats for goalies either.

Ebenezer
02-14-2011, 10:24 AM
the combination of Grier, Nieds, Gaustad, Morrison and Weber was terrible yesterday. Granted the defensmen came out of the game with a zero +/- but those three forwards were awful. The PK was terrible (although the Hecht penalty that resulted in 2 PP goals was completely bogus). This team is playing with only 15 or 16 players that really contribute on a nightly basis right now. I cannot fathom why Nieds is still on this roster.

The true problem with this team is that they are down to one real center - Connolly. that's not exactly a ringing endorsement for the position right now.

G Wolly
02-14-2011, 10:39 AM
Oh.. and Ryan Miller? 2.68 GAA (26th) .913 S%(25th)

Trade him.

JD
02-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Trade him.
My bad, turns out hes 31st. :teary:

Cleve
02-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Sabres management needs to get Enroth or someone capable of defending the net well enough for the Sabres to win down here so that Ryan can get a few days off.

Hey, somebody at the Sabres listened to my suggestion....

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article341056.ece

Enroth's coming to Buffalo. If they win tonight, shouldn't the Sabres send me a check for consultation fees? LOL

SabreEleven
02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Check is in the mail.

Cleve
02-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Ahhh, crap - Montreal scored on their first power play. I think it may hurt my commission.

Cleve
02-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey, at least if nothing else, Entroth helped get them to overtime AND a POINT!

I guess I'll take my commission check guilt free. :)

Cleve
02-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Enroth was friggin clutch tonight! He was soft at the start of the shootout, but came through with 9 saves in a record shootout for a huge win!

Sabres should put a little something EXTRA in that commission check of mine.