PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Post Sabres/Isles potential trading

Ebenezer
02-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Forked from: Post Sabres/Isles vent thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=3416388)

Trade him.

I'm all for trading players and in light of new ownership maybe there shouldn't be any untouchables on the team. The idea of a trade is to improve your team. However, if you trade a Miller then you have to get back at least a Miller-like goalie. If you trade a Stafford then you have to get back at least a Stafford-like forward. Trading guys just because fans are sick of them might not exactly benefit the team W/L-wise. And yes, if may free up a lot of money but what guarentee is there that players will want to come here? If Pegula keeps DR I hope DR has the balls to answer these questions because personally, I think the best route is to just let those with expired contracts go at the end of the year (unless somebody will take them now). There isn't a lot more to benefit this team by trading a Roy, Vanek, Miller, Myers or Stafford. Pominville? I'd cut ties.

SabreEleven
02-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Trade players who won't play in Lindy's system for people who will or get rid of Lindy and get a coach who will build a system around the players we have.

G Wolly
02-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I absolutely believe, as you said, there shouldn't be any "untouchable" players.

We don't really have any consistent guys except for maybe Gaustad and McCormick who are always getting into the play and fighting for the puck and setting up plays.

Otherwise our "star" players like Vanek, Myers, and even Miller aren't consistently doing their job as they should and don't deserve a spot without earning it.

I'd hate to see those guys leave, but again as you said, the point of trades is to improve your team and if we can get useful players in return, no one should be untouchable.

Beebe's Kid
02-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I absolutely believe, as you said, there shouldn't be any "untouchable" players.

We don't really have any consistent guys except for maybe Gaustad and McCormick who are always getting into the play and fighting for the puck and setting up plays.

Otherwise our "star" players like Vanek, Myers, and even Miller aren't consistently doing their job as they should and don't deserve a spot without earning it.

I'd hate to see those guys leave, but again as you said, the point of trades is to improve your team and if we can get useful players in return, no one should be untouchable.

That's rich. Yep with out McCormick and The Goose, we'd be right in the ****ter.

Do you really believe that?

chernobylwraiths
02-14-2011, 01:33 PM
Trading Miller only to get another goalie is stupid IMO. Miller isn't the main problem. Sure he has had a few more stinkers this year than he had in years past, but if the team relies that heavily upon him to win games, then maybe the stress of having it all on his shoulders is starting to get to him.

I think with the the exception of Myers, you could trade anybody else on this team first, including Vanek who I like. I think we will be more sellers than buyers at the deadline this year with guys like Niedermeyer, Grier (who I will be sad to see go) and Connolly as well as Rivet if we can get a team to take their contracts. I doubt we will see any big contracts or big name players coming back this way.

trapezeus
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
team needs a little bit of everything.

they need miller to be a little better,

they need a little better defensemen. They are ok with Myers, Leopold and Montador, but the rest are all kinda dead brained at times.

They need more offense. not withstanding the last week of 6 and 8 goal games, the team needs to learn how to score the bruising goal. The one where they can get their ass kicked in front of the net and tip some stuff in. Connolly can not be our best center.

chernobylwraiths
02-14-2011, 02:31 PM
team needs a little bit of everything.

they need miller to be a little better,

they need a little better defensemen. They are ok with Myers, Leopold and Montador, but the rest are all kinda dead brained at times.

They need more offense. not withstanding the last week of 6 and 8 goal games, the team needs to learn how to score the bruising goal. The one where they can get their ass kicked in front of the net and tip some stuff in. Connolly can not be our best center.

I think Leopold boarders on being a terrible defenseman. His most redeeming quality is that he is good offensively.

Beebe's Kid
02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I think Leopold boarders on being a terrible defenseman. His most redeeming quality is that he is good offensively.

This

This team misses Montador.

I like Weber, and I think he is getting better. I think he and Myers will be here a long time.

Ebenezer
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM

As I said, this team has no real centers. They have one 1st line forward in Vanek. People are quick to criticize Pominville but he is really a second liner and he has no center. Get a real first line center and Vanek improves. Drop Roy to the second line, or get a second line center and Pominville improves. No real need to look further than that position.....and there are no star centers in the pipeline. Adam may be serviceable but there are no Yzerman's in the system. That is what this team needs.

G Wolly
02-14-2011, 11:30 PM
That's rich. Yep with out McCormick and The Goose, we'd be right in the ****ter.

Do you really believe that?

I didn't mean it that way.

I simply meant that it seems they're the main two guys always down in the plays along the boards, working the body, fighting for the puck.

While every else lolly gags and misses their one timer shots way wide.