Please explain to me how you can possibly like the standing buffalo logo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejsmith
    • Aug 2002

Please explain to me how you can possibly like the standing buffalo logo!

I am just so utterly confused about how anyone can possibly like the standing buffalo logo. Someone please explain it to me. It looks incredibly hideous and amateur to me. It's just standing there looking like a 5 year old's deformed drawing. This is freakin' pro football. It's a violent aggressive manly sport. Does the standing buffalo logo represent any of that?? The only thing I can possibly think of is that it's nostalgic to some of you. I'm not old enough for it to be nostalgic for me (you'd have to be at least 55 years old I would think) and even then, the team was good for 3 of the seasons it was used and horrible the rest. I swear to god if they change the logo to that ******ed looking thing I am going to walk. I have put up with endless amounts of misery (Bills fan living in Dallas) and I have been a diehard fan watching every snap of every game, but this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Someone please explain this to me!
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Re: Please explain to me how you can possibly like the standing buffalo logo!

I don't like the standing buffalo better but I liked the white helmets. So getting a white helmet with the charging buffalo is fine by me!

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ejsmith
      I am just so utterly confused about how anyone can possibly like the standing buffalo logo. Someone please explain it to me. It looks incredibly hideous and amateur to me. It's just standing there looking like a 5 year old's deformed drawing. This is freakin' pro football. It's a violent aggressive manly sport. Does the standing buffalo logo represent any of that?? The only thing I can possibly think of is that it's nostalgic to some of you. I'm not old enough for it to be nostalgic for me (you'd have to be at least 55 years old I would think) and even then, the team was good for 3 of the seasons it was used and horrible the rest. I swear to god if they change the logo to that ******ed looking thing I am going to walk. I have put up with endless amounts of misery (Bills fan living in Dallas) and I have been a diehard fan watching every snap of every game, but this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Well...they said they aren't changing back, but I hope there is a change of heart. just so we don't have to hear from you again...since you'll be walking and all.

Mix in a line break once in a while.

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

I'm not 55 (I'm younger) and I prefer the standing logo. There's no real mystical reason... I just like it better.

Saying that... I'm confused on how someone could "walk" all because of a team logo.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

As someone over 55, I agree with you about the standing Buffalo. I doubt you will see the standing Buffalo on the new helmets. It will be reserved for the throwbacks. I do think the white helmet with the charging Buffalo looks much more cool than the red helmet myself though.

It is stupid to get so worked up over a logo however that you would walk.
          Last edited by better days; 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

I'm younger then 55, i don't really remember the standing buffalo; that said... i love the standing red buffalo on the white helmet.

It's classy.

It's simple.

It's unique.

Furthermore i think it contrasts perfectly with the light blue jerseys of the old style unis.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PTI
              Banned
              • Jan 2011

Logo should be Ralph Wilson holding a bunch of money (bills) in his hands.

Comment

• ejsmith
                • Aug 2002

I didn't say I would walk just because of a logo. I said it would be the straw that broke the camels back. Every year I pay $400 for Sunday Ticket so that I can watch the Bills games and every year I end up having paid that money just so I can be miserable. I don't know about you guys, but I HATE LOSING!! I take endless crap from Cowboys / Patriots / whoever fans and it sucks. Every Sunday I am miserable and grumpy for hours after the game and have gotten in numerous fights with my wife because I was grumpy.

The standing buffalo logo would be the laughing stock of the league. Therefore I would take even more crap than I do now. Yay!

It's good to know that you guys care so much about your fellow die hard fans though. You would think that someone that has put up with the last 15 years and watched every single snap and is sitting on the Bills message boards immediately after another miserable season might get a little slack. Guess not.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

I still say that the standing Buffalo logo looks like it is standing around, looking for a place to die.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

bc the new one is straight up ugly, and the old one is classic.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

I didn't say I would walk just because of a logo. I said it would be the straw that broke the camels back. Every year I pay $400 for Sunday Ticket so that I can watch the Bills games and every year I end up having paid that money just so I can be miserable. I don't know about you guys, but I HATE LOSING!! I take endless crap from Cowboys / Patriots / whoever fans and it sucks. Every Sunday I am miserable and grumpy for hours after the game and have gotten in numerous fights with my wife because I was grumpy.

The standing buffalo logo would be the laughing stock of the league. Therefore I would take even more crap than I do now. Yay!

It's good to know that you guys care so much about your fellow die hard fans though. You would think that someone that has put up with the last 15 years and watched every single snap and is sitting on the Bills message boards immediately after another miserable season might get a little slack. Guess not.

15 years? ouch... must suck to have missed the Superbowl runs. You're probably more hardcore then i am. I'm not sure i could still be a diehard fan of this team if i had missed those superbowl years. (well maybe i could, i was pretty diehard before them)
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• ejsmith
                        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                        15 years? ouch... must suck to have missed the Superbowl runs. You're probably more hardcore then i am. I'm not sure i could still be a diehard fan of this team if i had missed those superbowl years. (well maybe i could, i was pretty diehard before them)
                        I just meant that I have put up with the last 15 years of misery, not that that was when I started watching them. I am 38 years old. I started getting into the Bills with my dad during the 1986 season when Jim Kelly arrived.

In reality, I could probably never give up on the Bills no matter what, but it hasn't been fun for a long while now.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

It would be very gay to quit on a team because of their outfits they wear...

Plus it doesn't sound like they will be.

Comment

• tatersalad
                            • Apr 2008

Love the red standing buffalo.... I wish they never changed it !!!

Comment

• ejsmith
                              • Aug 2002

Seriously??

What is going on with that head? Why does it have a big hole in it? Is it wearing a helmet or something? Why is its back side so much smaller than its front side? Why does it have massive drooping lips? Why is one leg shorter than the others? Why is it's tail between it's legs? What is going on with that tiny bump where his junk should be? Did the person that drew this logo even look at a real buffalo? Does it inspire you? Did my 7 year old daughter draw this?

Name me one logo that is more hideous than this thing in all of professional sports.

BTW, here is what a real standing buffalo looks like.
                              Last edited by ejsmith; 02-14-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X