PDA

View Full Version : Please explain to me how you can possibly like the standing buffalo logo!

ejsmith
02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I am just so utterly confused about how anyone can possibly like the standing buffalo logo. Someone please explain it to me. It looks incredibly hideous and amateur to me. It's just standing there looking like a 5 year old's deformed drawing. This is freakin' pro football. It's a violent aggressive manly sport. Does the standing buffalo logo represent any of that?? The only thing I can possibly think of is that it's nostalgic to some of you. I'm not old enough for it to be nostalgic for me (you'd have to be at least 55 years old I would think) and even then, the team was good for 3 of the seasons it was used and horrible the rest. I swear to god if they change the logo to that ******ed looking thing I am going to walk. I have put up with endless amounts of misery (Bills fan living in Dallas) and I have been a diehard fan watching every snap of every game, but this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Someone please explain this to me!

mrbojanglezs
02-14-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't like the standing buffalo better but I liked the white helmets. So getting a white helmet with the charging buffalo is fine by me!

Beebe's Kid
02-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I am just so utterly confused about how anyone can possibly like the standing buffalo logo. Someone please explain it to me. It looks incredibly hideous and amateur to me. It's just standing there looking like a 5 year old's deformed drawing. This is freakin' pro football. It's a violent aggressive manly sport. Does the standing buffalo logo represent any of that?? The only thing I can possibly think of is that it's nostalgic to some of you. I'm not old enough for it to be nostalgic for me (you'd have to be at least 55 years old I would think) and even then, the team was good for 3 of the seasons it was used and horrible the rest. I swear to god if they change the logo to that ******ed looking thing I am going to walk. I have put up with endless amounts of misery (Bills fan living in Dallas) and I have been a diehard fan watching every snap of every game, but this is going to be the straw that broke the camels back for me.

Well...they said they aren't changing back, but I hope there is a change of heart. just so we don't have to hear from you again...since you'll be walking and all.

Mix in a line break once in a while.

Cntrygal
02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm not 55 (I'm younger) and I prefer the standing logo. There's no real mystical reason... I just like it better.

Saying that... I'm confused on how someone could "walk" all because of a team logo.

better days
02-14-2011, 03:16 PM

As someone over 55, I agree with you about the standing Buffalo. I doubt you will see the standing Buffalo on the new helmets. It will be reserved for the throwbacks. I do think the white helmet with the charging Buffalo looks much more cool than the red helmet myself though.

It is stupid to get so worked up over a logo however that you would walk.

Ingtar33
02-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm younger then 55, i don't really remember the standing buffalo; that said... i love the standing red buffalo on the white helmet.

It's classy.

It's simple.

It's unique.

Furthermore i think it contrasts perfectly with the light blue jerseys of the old style unis.

PTI
02-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Logo should be Ralph Wilson holding a bunch of money (bills) in his hands.

ejsmith
02-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I didn't say I would walk just because of a logo. I said it would be the straw that broke the camels back. Every year I pay $400 for Sunday Ticket so that I can watch the Bills games and every year I end up having paid that money just so I can be miserable. I don't know about you guys, but I HATE LOSING!! I take endless crap from Cowboys / Patriots / whoever fans and it sucks. Every Sunday I am miserable and grumpy for hours after the game and have gotten in numerous fights with my wife because I was grumpy.

The standing buffalo logo would be the laughing stock of the league. Therefore I would take even more crap than I do now. Yay!

It's good to know that you guys care so much about your fellow die hard fans though. You would think that someone that has put up with the last 15 years and watched every single snap and is sitting on the Bills message boards immediately after another miserable season might get a little slack. Guess not.

Michael82
I still say that the standing Buffalo logo looks like it is standing around, looking for a place to die.

Pinkerton Security
bc the new one is straight up ugly, and the old one is classic.

Ingtar33
02-14-2011, 03:26 PM
I didn't say I would walk just because of a logo. I said it would be the straw that broke the camels back. Every year I pay $400 for Sunday Ticket so that I can watch the Bills games and every year I end up having paid that money just so I can be miserable. I don't know about you guys, but I HATE LOSING!! I take endless crap from Cowboys / Patriots / whoever fans and it sucks. Every Sunday I am miserable and grumpy for hours after the game and have gotten in numerous fights with my wife because I was grumpy.

The standing buffalo logo would be the laughing stock of the league. Therefore I would take even more crap than I do now. Yay!

It's good to know that you guys care so much about your fellow die hard fans though. You would think that someone that has put up with the last 15 years and watched every single snap and is sitting on the Bills message boards immediately after another miserable season might get a little slack. Guess not.

15 years? ouch... must suck to have missed the Superbowl runs. You're probably more hardcore then i am. I'm not sure i could still be a diehard fan of this team if i had missed those superbowl years. (well maybe i could, i was pretty diehard before them)

ejsmith
02-14-2011, 03:36 PM
15 years? ouch... must suck to have missed the Superbowl runs. You're probably more hardcore then i am. I'm not sure i could still be a diehard fan of this team if i had missed those superbowl years. (well maybe i could, i was pretty diehard before them)

I just meant that I have put up with the last 15 years of misery, not that that was when I started watching them. I am 38 years old. I started getting into the Bills with my dad during the 1986 season when Jim Kelly arrived.

In reality, I could probably never give up on the Bills no matter what, but it hasn't been fun for a long while now.

THATHURMANATOR
02-14-2011, 03:43 PM

It would be very gay to quit on a team because of their outfits they wear... :limp:

Plus it doesn't sound like they will be.

tatersalad
02-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Love the red standing buffalo.... I wish they never changed it !!!

ejsmith
02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
http://mobi-wall.brothersoft.com/files/320240/b/12823372569386.jpg

Seriously??

What is going on with that head? Why does it have a big hole in it? Is it wearing a helmet or something? Why is its back side so much smaller than its front side? Why does it have massive drooping lips? Why is one leg shorter than the others? Why is it's tail between it's legs? What is going on with that tiny bump where his junk should be? Did the person that drew this logo even look at a real buffalo? Does it inspire you? Did my 7 year old daughter draw this?

Name me one logo that is more hideous than this thing in all of professional sports.

BTW, here is what a real standing buffalo looks like.
http://www.shelbyfarmspark.org/sfpc/files/u2/buffaloBWcompressed.jpg

better days
02-14-2011, 04:08 PM
http://mobi-wall.brothersoft.com/files/320240/b/12823372569386.jpg

Seriously??

What is going on with that head? Why does it have a big hole in it? Is it wearing a helmet or something? Why is its back side so much smaller than its front side? Why does it have massive drooping lips? Why is one leg shorter than the others? Why is it's tail between it's legs? What is going on with that tiny bump where his junk should be? Did the person that drew this logo even look at a real buffalo? Does it inspire you? Did my 7 year old daughter draw this?

Name me one logo that is more hideous than this thing in all of professional sports.

BTW, here is what a real standing buffalo looks like.
http://www.shelbyfarmspark.org/sfpc/files/u2/buffaloBWcompressed.jpg

I think the Buffalo looks cool myself, very muscular unlike say a Dolphin. My 10 year old grandaughter is a Bills fan even though her dad is a Fins fan because she always liked the Bills Buffalo more than the Miami Dolphin.

YardRat
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Why is one leg shorter than the others?

He's lifting it to piss on the Dolphins.

Ebenezer
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Standing Buffalo is boring? How about the Colts horseshoe? The Steelers American Steel Emblem? The SF for the 49ers? The Rams stripes? A simple star for the Cowboys or the Fleur-de-leis for the Saints? A lot of the emblems are boring.

Figster
02-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I still say that the standing Buffalo logo looks like it is standing around, looking for a place to die.

hahahaha:laughing:

ejsmith
02-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Standing Buffalo is boring? How about the Colts horseshoe? The Steelers American Steel Emblem? The SF for the 49ers? The Rams stripes? A simple star for the Cowboys or the Fleur-de-leis for the Saints? A lot of the emblems are boring.

I wouldn't mind a classic simple / boring logo. I wouldn't mind a standing buffalo either. Those are not what I have a problem with. My problem is with the incredibly stupid looking logo that looks like it was drawn by a child and that a bunch of people on here seem to like.

Tiburon1724
02-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Current logo is the best in the league. Helmets are money. Rest of the uni's suck...don't eff up the only good thing the franchise has going for it right now.

Goobylal
02-14-2011, 04:32 PM
bc the new one is straight up ugly, and the old one is classic.
Ding, thanks for playing. The new one is the best logo in the NFL, outside of the Raiders'.

ejsmith
02-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Current logo is the best in the league. Helmets are money. Rest of the uni's suck...don't eff up the only good thing the franchise has going for it right now.

Thank you! I agree 100%.

BertSquirtgum
02-14-2011, 04:37 PM

quit being a ***** you grumpy old man

Luisito23
02-14-2011, 05:01 PM
I feel where the OP is coming from, but I wouldn't worry about it too much since I seriously doubt we'll be switching to it permanently...It is pretty stupid, but when you look at it only once, or twice a season, it makes it less hideous.

SquishDaFish
02-14-2011, 05:36 PM
I LOVE the standing Red Buffalo on the White Helmet and Im only 33

Jeff1220
02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I like the standing Buffalo 1-2x a year for nostalgic purposes, but I love Stripey - def one of the best logos in sports.
And now that you mention it, what is that hole in the red Buffalo's face?

Ebenezer
02-14-2011, 05:57 PM
I like the standing Buffalo 1-2x a year for nostalgic purposes, but I love Stripey - def one of the best logos in sports.
And now that you mention it, what is that hole in the red Buffalo's face?
it's eye.

Nighthawk
02-14-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm younger then 55, i don't really remember the standing buffalo; that said... i love the standing red buffalo on the white helmet.

It's classy.

It's simple.

It's unique.

Furthermore i think it contrasts perfectly with the light blue jerseys of the old style unis.

And that is all that needs to be said...Good job, Ingtar!

kelly2reed4six
02-14-2011, 06:09 PM

They can put a **** and balls or a pile of crap on the helmet for all I care as long as they win!

Jan Reimers
02-14-2011, 06:10 PM
Let's see. . .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

There is no accounting for taste.

To each his own.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

And so on.

I love the standing buffalo. I love stripey. Who cares? Really, I just want to win!

Night Train
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
If the Bills win, they could be wearing hot pink for all I care. If you're so worried about dress, move to the NY garment district and start dating Bruce.

Winners ALWAYS look good.

The Jokeman
02-14-2011, 06:50 PM
I LOVE the standing Red Buffalo on the White Helmet and Im only 33
Ditto. Yet will admit I always think of the highlight of OJ Simpson rushing for 2,000 yards against the Jets with that helmet. As a result I doubt the Bills will revert back to that helmet permanently and a shame really as to me those were the best uniforms we ever had.

jamze132
02-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Stripey is better than Grazer. Grazer sucks. Grazer is gay. All hail Stripey!

Joe Fo Sho
02-15-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm 25 and the old logo is by far my favorite. Probably because of it's simplicity. I won't buy a hat/winter cap unless it's the throwback logo.

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I like the throwbacks as throwbacks, but I prefer the charging Buffalo by a longshot

Thief
02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
If you want to get all technical it isn't really a Buffalo at all. It is a Bison.

ejsmith
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
If the Bills win, they could be wearing hot pink for all I care. If you're so worried about dress, move to the NY garment district and start dating Bruce. Winners ALWAYS look good.

OK, you got me on this one. I will happily trade winning for any ******ed uniform they want to wear. I just can't take being perennial losers and looking like idiots at the same time.

Mad Bomber
02-15-2011, 12:16 PM
I think it should have both (see avatar).

<======================

Bill Cody
02-15-2011, 12:34 PM

No he's not. It's well known that buffaloes lower their heads when they're getting ready to take a dump. Based on the current state of the team that seems like an excellent choice of logo to me.

Michael82
02-15-2011, 03:55 PM
No he's not. It's well known that buffaloes lower their heads when they're getting ready to take a dump. Based on the current state of the team that seems like an excellent choice of logo to me.

That's the other thing I have always said...

The Standing Buffalo looks like it is looking for a place to take a dump or to fall over and die. :up:

HAMMER
02-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Geeeez, someones panties are in a bunch, relax man, it's a logo.

hemi13
02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Ditto Cntrygal - walk baby walk!!!!!!!!!