PDA

View Full Version : PAT MORAN?

NOT THE DUDE...
02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
that the bills were taking cameron jordan at 3?

very solid, solid pick...

wouldnt mind it...

ct bills fan
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Yep, before they even go to the combine or interview anybody, the Bills are taking Jordan. I'm pretty sure the Bills don't even know whom they're taking at #3 right now, but Moran does? Nice.

DraftBoy
02-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Yep, before they even go to the combine or interview anybody, the Bills are taking Jordan. I'm pretty sure the Bills don't even know whom they're taking at #3 right now, but Moran does? Nice.

Keep in mind weeks ago, I posted about how the Bills scouts were talking to Jordan after practice during the Senior Bowl week.

FlyingDutchman
02-15-2011, 11:15 AM
is this something that should be Privately messaged...or does it absolutely need a thread...

Slim
02-15-2011, 11:16 AM
That's not what he tweeted. All he said is the Bill's are interested in Cam Jordan.

Dr. Lecter
02-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Pat, like most normal human beings, uses lower case letters in name in addition to the uppercase letters that start each part of his name.

Joe Fo Sho
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
is this something that should be Privately messaged...or does it absolutely need a thread...

Look who you're talking to...mitchell55

TacklingDummy
02-15-2011, 11:24 AM
Cameron Jordan? Sweet, the Bills are going to draft someone that very few have going in the top 15. Sounds like the perfect Buffalo reach. He can play right along side Maybin. Welcome to another decade of suckiness.

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
well at this point if the Bills didn't trade back for this pick it would be another sad move by this franchise.

Good player possibly.. I don't know myself, but this is where rebuilding franchise need to make smart moves and we need extra picks if we can get them. It is obviouls that Jordan is not a top 5 pick therefore at this junction, and unless Jordan shoots up the charts after the combine and workouts a trade back is the way we should play this IMO

edit: Seems like Cameron is a stout DE who plays the run extremely well. He lacks a little bit as a pass rusher, but obviously stopping the run is something the Bills are missing.

Mr. Miyagi
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Who the hell is Cameron Jordan? At 3?

Michael Jordan maybe.

DraftBoy
02-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Who the hell is Cameron Jordan? At 3?

Michael Jordan maybe.

DE from Cal.

Mr. Miyagi
02-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I thought Bowers was the cream of the crops DE.

Whoever go 1 and 2 I think we should be able to get a premier DE or DT at 3, between Fairley, Dareus, and Bowers.

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RzIVTNoQHHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DraftBoy
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I thought Bowers was the cream of the crops DE.

Whoever go 1 and 2 I think we should be able to get a premier DE or DT at 3, between Fairley, Dareus, and Bowers.

He is for a 4-3.

TacklingDummy
02-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Jordon was the other breakout star of the Senior Bowl, showing elite physical tools and power to push the pocket. Jordon is a big athlete who runs well and can make plays in the backfield, and looks like the best pass rusher in this 3-4 end class beyond Marcel Darrues. The red flags with Jordon: he is a one year wonder who never played all that well until his Senior season. Jordon also struggled badley against USC's elite tackle combo of Tyron Smith and Matt Kalil, the best players he faced all season. The Chargers are desperate to replace Igor Olshansky, who they still miss more than they will admit. Jordon has more upside than Olshansky, and would bring a much needed pass rush to the defensive line.

No thanks, unless the Bills plan on trading down to around the 13th pick. The Senior Bowl is almost as useless as the Pro-Bowl.

Mr. Miyagi
02-15-2011, 12:09 PM
The red flags with Jordon: he is a one year wonder who never played all that well until his Senior season. Jordon also struggled badley against USC's elite tackle combo of Tyron Smith and Matt Kalil, the best players he faced all season.
M-A-Y-B-I-N

TacklingDummy
02-15-2011, 12:13 PM
M-A-Y-B-I-NAlso the first person who came to my mind when reading about Jordan.

Beebe's Kid
02-15-2011, 12:27 PM
He is for a 4-3.
Well Mayock said his name...that makes him the best, doesn't it.

I think it's hilarious when a poster says "Who?" like it matters that they have never heard of somebody.

Cameron Jordan is hardly a secret. Although as we've all learned recently there are probably a lot of people that haven't had time for all of the game tape to roll in on him. Now that the season's been over for a month and a half, the tape should be coming in, and people should get a chance to review it. Somebody must have seen some of his tape prior to this, however, as he was an All-American.

Somebody like Jordan is not going to come out of nowhere. He stands a chance of being a top 5 guy. I know there will be disagreement with that statement, but I don't see that being a stretch. If he's not top 5, I'll bet he doesn't make it out of the top 10, unless he totally bombs at the combine.

Also, DB did mention him around the Senior Bowl, in case he turns into a star, we do't want Pat getting all of the credit...

As far as Pat saying that we are going to draft Jordan...listen Pat takes a lot of ****, but don't make **** up and then run him up the cross for it. He tweeted that Nix is interested, and then gave his opinion that Jordan is a better fit than Quinn, Dareus, and Bowers. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. He didn't claim to have any "inside info" on who the Bills would be drafting.

Looking at Jordan, in what I've been able to see, and what little I've been able to read, he looks like a good player. It would be nice if the Bills could draft a good player. Although if the Bills don't think he is a fit at 3, but is at 5, we could just trade back (happens all of the time) and take him there and get more draft picks, and if they don't do that they are stupid.

Remember the Bills are stupid if they don't trade back 2 spots to get Jordan and get some more draft picks, because that will never happen, and I'll be right.

Beebe's Kid
02-15-2011, 12:30 PM
Also the first person who came to my mind when reading about Jordan.I may have missed it in the **** storm of negativity that are your posts, but is there a prospect, or direction that you actually like, or is it just an all out assault on every option, to keep your flawless record in tact?

Bill Cody
02-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Pat, like most normal human beings, uses lower case letters in name in addition to the uppercase letters that start each part of his name.

I love capital letters smack

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272992

This guy is no Maybin based on his size alone, and he sure as hell wasn't a one year wonder.

NFL scouts have a relatively small pool of college 3-4 teams producing ready-made prospects from which to choose and frequently have to project players who haven't played in that scheme who might fit their needs. With Jordan, however, there is no projection. He's a four-year starter with the size, strength and consistency to start in the NFL immediately.

After signing as a top prep prospect out of Arizona, Jordan played in all 13 games as a freshman and registered 18 tackles, a tackle for loss, a sack and a forced fumble, which he returned for a touchdown. His first of three all-conference seasons came in 2008, when he had 47 tackles, 11 tackles for loss and four sacks. A year later, playing opposite Jaguars 2010 first-round pick Tyson Alualu, Jordan had 48 tackles, 9.5 tackles for loss and six sacks.
With Alualu moving on, opponents keyed on Jordan in 2010, but he continued to produce. His strength and ability to locate the ball made him one of the more feared defensive linemen in the Pac-10, despite the fact that as a defensive end in the 3-4 alignment, his primary job was to occupy blockers and free up linebackers, not make plays on his own.

Jordan posted career highs in 2010 in tackles (62) and tackles for loss (12.5) and finishing with 5.5 sacks, earning first-team All-Pac-10 accolades.
Fans expect to see gaudy sack production from college defensive ends drafted in the first round. Sacks aren't the only way to judge the ability of defensive line prospects. Jordan has scheme versatility and the ability to plug holes in the running game, which should make him one of the first defensive ends selected in 2011. As was the case with Alualu, the 10th pick of the '10 draft, it might come earlier than many project.

follow the link above for more info. I have no idea where tackling dummy got his info, but this guy was not a 1 year wonder IMO

better days
02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Jordon was the other breakout star of the Senior Bowl, showing elite physical tools and power to push the pocket. Jordon is a big athlete who runs well and can make plays in the backfield, and looks like the best pass rusher in this 3-4 end class beyond Marcel Darrues. The red flags with Jordon: he is a one year wonder who never played all that well until his Senior season. Jordon also struggled badley against USC's elite tackle combo of Tyron Smith and Matt Kalil, the best players he faced all season. The Chargers are desperate to replace Igor Olshansky, who they still miss more than they will admit. Jordon has more upside than Olshansky, and would bring a much needed pass rush to the defensive line.

No thanks, unless the Bills plan on trading down to around the 13th pick. The Senior Bowl is almost as useless as the Pro-Bowl.

I would be surprised if the Bills do not take at least one player from the Senior Bowl in rnds 3 & down. I would not be surprised if that player is pretty good, maybe even a starter.

ServoBillieves
02-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Did he post it? I'm waiting on a poll here.

Luisito23
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM
I could definitely see those idiots taking Maybin Jr.

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 03:35 PM
I could definitely see those idiots taking Maybin Jr.

do you really think Cameron Jordan is Maybin Jr. ????

Luisito23
02-15-2011, 04:00 PM
No ddaryl, but if we take him at 3 I'll feel just as bad as when we took Maybin...This thread is worthless though, so I'm not worrying about it just yet.

Crisis
02-15-2011, 04:02 PM
speaking of pat...has whitner KO'd him yet?

YardRat
02-15-2011, 04:46 PM
He tweeted that Nix is interested, and then gave his opinion that Jordan is a better fit than Quinn, Dareus, and Bowers.

I'll agree that he's a better fit than Bowers or Quinn, but not Dareus.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-15-2011, 05:22 PM
No ddaryl, but if we take him at 3 I'll feel just as bad as when we took Maybin...This thread is worthless though, so I'm not worrying about it just yet.

YOU ARE WORTHLESS!!!!!

NOT THE DUDE...
02-15-2011, 05:23 PM
:madmad: :madmad: :madmad: :madmad:
YOU ARE WORTHLESS!!!!!

TacklingDummy
02-15-2011, 10:46 PM
I may have missed it in the **** storm of negativity that are your posts, but is there a prospect, or direction that you actually like, or is it just an all out assault on every option, to keep your flawless record in tact?
Cameron Jordan @ #3 is laughable.

DrGraves
02-15-2011, 11:31 PM
yes go ahead and thank yourself for the worst thread ever

NOT THE DUDE...
02-16-2011, 03:36 AM
Keep in mind weeks ago, I posted about how the Bills scouts were talking to Jordan after practice during the Senior Bowl week.

He reminds me of leon lett or jimmie jones

SabreEleven
02-16-2011, 05:35 AM
:madmad: :madmad: :madmad: :madmad:

You quoted yourself and thanked yourself in the same post...you've reached bottom and continue to dig.

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Even LosmanWins never did that......

jamze132
02-16-2011, 07:54 AM
THAT takes talent!

NOT THE DUDE...
02-16-2011, 08:42 AM
You quoted yourself and thanked yourself in the same post...you've reached bottom and continue to dig.

:bedard: :coocoo: :usflag: :whistle: :bored: :5:

ddaryl
02-16-2011, 09:10 AM

Don't be surprised in Cameron moves up the charts a bunch after the combine. Right now he is not rated that high, but in all honesty he might be the De that fits our needs the most.

He can stuff the run well, and makes plays in the back field. He appears to be very strong, and has performed very well in all 4 of his seasons.

The guy was a rock solid performer in college from my initial DD

BUT I also need more information, and discussion.

Maybe we can get Draftboy to post his detailed insights to Cameron Jordan here.

baalworship
02-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I already mentioned Cameron Jordan as one of the 5 players I would like the Bills to take. I don't understand how he is Maybin. He weighs almost 290 lbs. Maybin weighed 237 at college.

I would rather have Jordan than a CB/Safety or a WR with a top 3 pick.

Philagape
02-16-2011, 05:55 PM
I like Jordan ... four-year starter, high motor, instant upgrade at the worst aspect of this team.

Makes me wish the Bills had won more games, so they wouldn't have to reach for what may be the best prospects, value-wise. I'm having a hard time getting on board for any of the usual suspects in the top five. Red flags everywhere. This seems like a quantity-over-quality draft. Shows how stupid people were to want to lose for higher position.

I've said before that if the Bills really like a certain player, and he's a few spots ahead of his projected pick, and they can't trade down, they should take him anyway. Don't let the draft geeks dictate who's a reach.
Last year my pick was Bulaga, and he would have been a "reach," but I wouldn't complain if he was a Bill now. Two years ago I wanted Alex Mack, and he's in the Pro Bowl now.

HAMMER
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
This reminds me of the last great DE we had. "Cameron Jordan seems to be really effective stunting and twisting. His inside rip move is ferocious."

Extremebillsfan247
02-18-2011, 08:56 AM
that the bills were taking cameron jordan at 3?

very solid, solid pick...

wouldnt mind it...Well, I don't follow Pat Moran, and he has yet to post in here any type of confirmation, or explanation, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions here. However, if he did in fact tweet that, he is as confused as everyone else. Personally, I think the Bills would be 10 times more likely to go with Von Miller than they would Jordan. Jordan in my opinion is a lot like Gabbert, just a flavor of the day. I'm pretty convinced that no one has a clue as to what this team is going to do on draft day, and are just making crap up in hopes that they get lucky. lol

TacklingDummy
02-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Charles Barkley "Twitter is for losers".

SABURZFAN
02-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Charles Barkley "Twitter is for losers".

unless you have to see what The Iron Shiek is saying. :up:

patmoran2006
02-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa (Haven't posted in a while)

I didn't write that the Bills were drafting Cam Jordan. I said the Bills are interested in him, and they are..They are interested in a lot of others I'm sure as well.

Poor wording there man. Because when the Bills don't draft Jordan it will end up being "I was wrong", when I never said.

I do have Jordan in my mock. That means nothing, other than it's my mock and my current opinion.

Having said all that, don't be shocked if it does happen. I did talk to someone with the Bills and without question, he's someone they are going to take a RY LONG LOOK at.. Ironically, since I wrote this early this week, there are now other reports out there, some saying that Jordan could very well be the top DE in the entire draft (over Quinn, Bowers and Dareus) now.

patmoran2006
02-19-2011, 11:29 AM
For the record so it's clear, this is what I wrote word for word.
---------------------------------------
During last year’s NFL draft, University of California defensive lineman Tyson Alualu seemingly came out of nowhere and ended up a top ten draft pick (by Jacksonville), screwing up every Mock Draft known to man in the process. This year his teammate Cameron Jordan could see the same fate, maybe even go higher… and I’m talking about skyrocketing all the way up to Buffalo with the third pick.

There aren’t many college prospects I’ve had kind of opportunity to talk to any sources within the Bills about, but Jordan is an exception. From what I’ve heard, the Bills organization and Buddy Nix in particular is sky-high on Jordan, especially after getting a first-hand look at the unreservedly dominant display he put on during the week of practices at the Senior Bowl. From what I’ve already read and been told since, Jordan was unblockable no matter where he lined up and who stood in front of him.

Look, Nix can tell you until he’s blue in the face that he’s going to pick the best player available regardless of position. But it doesn’t take a mind the equivalent of a NFL general manager to conclude the Bills run defense is an unqualified embarrassment. I learned the 276 rushing yards the New York Jets second and third stringers hung on the Bill starting defense in the season finale had a mortified Nix observing with his hands covering his eyes out of humiliation.

The Bills top priority absolutely, positively has to be getting better in their front seven. It’s still fresh in everyone’s heads this is an organization that was dead last against the run, surrendered 200 or more rushing yards in exactly half their games, and stuffed opposing rushers at or behind the line of scrimmage a league low 13% of the time (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/four-downs/2011/four-downs-afc-east).

Doing that via free agency, as they attempted to do last year with Dwan Edwards is likely to be fruitless, as the possibility grows stronger each passing day won’t be any signing period before the draft. There’s also a well above average chance Marcus Stroud and his scheduled 2011 salary of $4.5 million has already played his last down in Buffalo. Replacing/upgrading Stroud’s spot to play with Edwards, Kyle Williams and a backup rotation consisting of 2010 draft picks Torrel Troup and Alex Carrington is Nix’s top priority, according to indications I’ve gotten inside the organization.

Buffalo is taking an improved defense very seriously. The organization has already hired Dave Wannstedt to help turn things around and when/if free agency commences, they will add defensive bodies to the mix, including an inside linebacker as well as probably drafting another within the first four rounds.

I continue to believe despite the talk of Newton being at the top of multiple teams’ draft boards, defensive end is batting leadoff for Buffalo.
Sorry, Cam Newton fans.

So, if the Bills target a defensive end first, it has to be Da’Quan Bowers, Marcel Dareus and Robert Quinn, right? Well, no. All are the bigger names, but none fit into Buffalo’s scheme and have more things Nix covets than Jordan.

A four-year starter for California (Nix hates one-year wonders don’t forget), Jordan is a natural defensive end in the 3-4 scheme. He finished 2010 with career highs in tackles (62), tackles for losses (12.5) and added five and a half sacks. For his efforts, he earned first-team All-Pac 10 honors.

Rob Rang, NFL draft analyst for CBS Sports, says Jordan’s biggest strength is just that… his strength.

“Arguably his greatest asset. Possesses very good upper- and lower-body strength to remain as a five technique defensive end in the 3-4 or a base (left) defensive end for the 4-3 alignment,” Rang said. ”Comes off the snap low and hard and has the bulk to create a pile. Can drive his opponent into the pocket with his bull rush and slide off to make the tackle when the ball carrier is near.”

Jordan also comes from good genes. His father, Steve, played tight end for the Minnesota Vikings for 13 seasons and earned Pro-Bowl honors six times.
The Bills already employ another star whose father had good success before him in the NFL; Jairus Byrd.

Wes Bunting, writer for National Football Post noted Jordan “has really taken his game to another level this season, being productive at a number of positions along the defensive line using his combination of power, burst and suddenness to beat blocks and get after the football.”

Jordan’s versatility has to be something Nix, Chan Gailey, Wannstedt and current defensive coordinator George Edwards are all fond of. Word out of Bills camp has differed between the Bills being committed to running a hybrid defense and Nix stating he would continue to target 3-4 personnel. Jordan has the ability and experience to fit into both.

While most reports on Dareus appear to be positive, I’ve heard at least some scouts are worried about him weighing over 300 pounds as a potential defensive end coming into the league. While more stout than any linemen against the run entering the draft other than arguably Nick Fairley, Dareus doesn’t have any explosiveness as a pass rusher, which could and should prohibit the Bills using the third overall pick for what amounts to a solid run stuffer.

Sorry, Dareus fans.

With Williams, their best defender and Troup, a second-round pick from just a year ago already in tow, it’s highly doubtful the Bills will tab Dareus if they project him as anything other than a defensive end with the third pick.
Not even an organization so provably inept at drafting over the past decade would select a rotational defensive linemen with the third overall pick, would they?

For the record, at 6-foot-4 and 287 pounds, Jordan is bigger than both Quinn or Bowers. Bowers is regarded by most as a much better fit in a 4-3 defense and while without question the most talented pass rusher in the draft, has major questions about his ability and willingness to be stout against the run. Meanwhile, Quinn missed the entire 2010 NCAA season because he accepted $5,600 in agent-related benefits and travel accomaditions. Though Quinn is regarded by everyone who knows him as a high character guy, missing his entire junior season has to throw up major red flags for Nix.

Sorry, Bowers and Quinn fans.

Two years ago another defensive end vaulted up draft boards when Tyson Jackson went to the Kansas City Chiefs with the third pick. Jackson has been a disappointment early in his career, but to compare Jordan to him is unfair. Anyone I’ve spoken to has Jordan rated much higher based on his strength and explosiveness.

It’s far too early in the draft process to begin projecting anyone with a reasonable amount of confidence. A lot can and will change before April 28, that we’re all sure of.

Consider this your formal notice—- Cameron Jordan is a name for Bills fans to keep an eye on and begin your due diligence… big time.

Slim
02-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa (Haven't posted in a while)

I didn't write that the Bills were drafting Cam Jordan. I said the Bills are interested in him, and they are..They are interested in a lot of others I'm sure as well.

Poor wording there man. Because when the Bills don't draft Jordan it will end up being "I was wrong", when I never said.

I do have Jordan in my mock. That means nothing, other than it's my mock and my current opinion.

Having said all that, don't be shocked if it does happen. I did talk to someone with the Bills and without question, he's someone they are going to take a RY LONG LOOK at.. Ironically, since I wrote this early this week, there are now other reports out there, some saying that Jordan could very well be the top DE in the entire draft (over Quinn, Bowers and Dareus) now.

I tried to point that out on the first page.

DraftBoy
02-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Fairley isnt better v. Run than Dareus, he's better behind the line of scrimmage but run D is something he struggles at if he can't jump the snap.

TEtoLeeTD
02-19-2011, 06:12 PM

his numbers are pretty much identical his soph,junior and senior years.

better days
02-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Fairley isnt better v. Run than Dareus, he's better behind the line of scrimmage but run D is something he struggles at if he can't jump the snap.

Both Mike Mayock & Warren Sapp like Dareus better than Fairley. They both say Fairley has been getting by on his speed but has poor technique. They both say he does not use his hands well.