02-15-2011, 11:57 AM
All Contract info for all NFL teams is up to date;
http://rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/buf/buffalo-bills

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 11:59 AM
definitely a great resource here.

OpIv37
02-15-2011, 12:11 PM
I don't even want to look at it because I'll probably strangle someone when I see what some of these useless players on our roster make.

Beebe's Kid
02-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't even want to look at it because I'll probably strangle someone when I see what some of these useless players on our roster make.It's actually not that bad. It's been a lot worse the last couple of years.

I did not realize that we had signed Paul Hubbard on 12/28, and that we felt it necessary for him to get 1.44...although, looking at it, it says it's a 3 year deal, but has him as a FA in 2013...

ddaryl
02-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I don't even want to look at it because I'll probably strangle someone when I see what some of these useless players on our roster make.

we we're well under the cap so I think your fears are completely unwarranted.

Outside of Kelsay, Maybin Spiller and Evans most of our contracts are average

clumping platelets
02-15-2011, 02:38 PM
They are part of the select few who are still given access to cap info :sadwalk:

Night Train
02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
My first thought is how low that 2011 payroll is.

DrGraves
02-15-2011, 04:32 PM
has steve johnson indicated any interest about staying in buffalo beyond this season?

DrGraves
02-15-2011, 04:35 PM
and on another note, looking through our roster for the first time since the season ended... god damn do we have a deficiency of talent here in buffalo.

Joe Fo Sho
02-15-2011, 05:10 PM
We should throw money at Peyton Manning since we've got so much cap space. I'd give up 2 firsts for him.

Ickybaluky
02-15-2011, 06:49 PM
We should throw money at Peyton Manning since we've got so much cap space. I'd give up 2 firsts for him.

There are 2 types of franchise tag, the Non-Exclusive and Exclusive. Manning was given an Exclusive franchise designation, which means the Colts retain exclusive negotiating rights and he can't sign anywhere else. The Non-Exclusive tag allows a player to sign an offer sheet elsewhere and his old team can either match or receive 2 firsts in return.

So... nobody else can sign Manning, even if they were willing to surrender the picks.

The other difference in the tag is the tender can go up after free agency ends and they re-calculate the top-5 salaries at the position, so the players salary can go up (with the non-exclusive tag, it is set at the start of FA and doesn't change). This doesn't apply to Manning because his salary was already so high, so he will receive 120% of his number last year because it is more than the tag amount. Manning's franchise tender is over $23M.

Michael Vick also received the exclusive tag. Everyone else tagged so far has received the non-exclusive tag. Probably only Haloti Ngata might be worth the 2 firsts to the right team who was willing to drop a ton of money on him.

djjimkelly
02-15-2011, 07:52 PM

i was looking at our most useless first rounder maybins contract

8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed, including a $7.087 million signing bonus. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million (Voidable Year), 2015: Free Agent

ill tell you guys hes here to stay for at least 2 more years regardless whether he sees field or not

1.12 M to see if he pans out is nothing considering what it costs to run a team

Don't Panic
02-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Agreed on Maybin... in fact, that is probably why Gailey didn't dress him. He'd rather him stew and hope it motivates him with all the money he's making and the inability to prove he's worth it. I think he definitely stays this year and probably the next as well.