PDA

View Full Version : Why is Lalime even on the roster?

OpIv37
02-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Miller starts 31 straight, and in the 31st game, Lindy refuses to pull him even as he gives up 7 goals (then later, he told the Buffalo News that he should have pulled Miller after the 3rd or 4th goal).

Finally, Lindy decides that Miller needs a rest, but instead of playing Lalime, he calls up the extremely green Enroth from the AHL to get the start.

WTF? Am I missing something here? Lalime must be the best in the league at operating that door for line changes because there seems to be absolutely no point whatsoever to having him on the roster.

rbochan
02-15-2011, 12:23 PM
http://www.discountcheerleading.com/pages/images/poms/poms_main.jpg

Cleve
02-15-2011, 12:28 PM
He's there if Miller got hurt or was in some way incapacitated, and there was no other alternative except Lalime.

That's kind of sad if you think about it.

hydro
02-15-2011, 12:33 PM
He's there if Miller got hurt or was in some way incapacitated, and there was no other alternative except Lalime.

That's kind of sad if you think about it.

This is exactly it. They don't want to hinder Enroth by having him ride the pine 80% of the time. Keep Enroth in Portland until needed and Lalime is there for emergency.

Dude
02-15-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar5987_34.gif

*slow clap*

Well done.

hydro
02-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Can't take credit for the photoshop but I knew it was avatar material for sure.

Beebe's Kid
02-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Can't take credit for the photoshop but I knew it was avatar material for sure.

Nothing short of ****ing amazing.

Michael82
02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
They should have brought Marty back, damn it! He wanted to be here! He loves Buffalo!

trapezeus
02-15-2011, 03:59 PM
lalime is miller's best friend and he's clearly gone to bat for him.

I like Miller as a goalie, but they are coddlign him for some reason. lalime is junk. put in an enroth guy on the bench and see if a hungry kid pushes him. i didn't really think enroth was that great a goalie when i saw him, but i think knowing that the guy who wants your job is sitting here gets you a little more focused than having the guy who is never going to touch it.

Cleve
02-15-2011, 04:15 PM
I don't think of Enroth as a 'great goalie' by any stretch of the imagination.

But at least they got some wins with Enroth in the goal - that's more than we can expect from Lalime - and is there any alternative right now? We have Miller, Lalime, and Enroth - who else coudl step to the plate?

Philagape
02-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Whoever is Miller's backup will almost never play, and the thinking is it's best for Lalime to be that guy. It's a place of dishonor.

Mski
02-15-2011, 04:47 PM
i think its been said already, but it does no good to keep Enroth up here to play 15-20 games a season and sit on the bench the rest, he's still young, let him play everyday in portland, and call him up only when we need to rest miller (which should be more regular). in the mean time keep someone like lalime on the bench for the emergencies

SkateZilla
02-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Miller starts 31 straight, and in the 31st game, Lindy refuses to pull him even as he gives up 7 goals (then later, he told the Buffalo News that he should have pulled Miller after the 3rd or 4th goal).

Finally, Lindy decides that Miller needs a rest, but instead of playing Lalime, he calls up the extremely green Enroth from the AHL to get the start.

WTF? Am I missing something here? Lalime must be the best in the league at operating that door for line changes because there seems to be absolutely no point whatsoever to having him on the roster.

enroth has more wins than lalime this year in the NHL

Enroth = 5 GP, 2-2-1 w/ 2.89 GAA
Lalime = 7 GP, 0-5-0 w/ 2.96 GAA

Cleve
02-15-2011, 05:31 PM
So we got 5 points with a rookie AHL goalie, after only 5 games. And a big GOOSE-EGG in points after 7 games with Lalime?

Almost a no-brainer.

tampabay25690
02-15-2011, 06:21 PM
lalime is miller's best friend and he's clearly gone to bat for him.

I like Miller as a goalie, but they are coddlign him for some reason. lalime is junk. put in an enroth guy on the bench and see if a hungry kid pushes him. i didn't really think enroth was that great a goalie when i saw him, but i think knowing that the guy who wants your job is sitting here gets you a little more focused than having the guy who is never going to touch it.

Lalime is the leader in the locker room.....
Stay tuned this week for things to happen..........
Phones have been busy at HSBC arena......

chernobylwraiths
02-16-2011, 05:41 AM

Well, they should have more than one line and get the hell off the phone, somebody might be calling with an offer.

don137
02-16-2011, 06:12 AM
They should send Lalime to the minors down for conditioning if they are allowed. He needs game experience. The Sabres have no confidence in him especially after not playing much this year.

Beebe's Kid
02-16-2011, 09:35 AM
They should send Lalime to the minors down for conditioning if they are allowed. He needs game experience. The Sabres have no confidence in him especially after not playing much this year.
Allowed? Of course they are "allowed." He is not on a two-way deal, so he would have to clear waivers...which I don't think will be a problem.

SkateZilla
02-16-2011, 09:45 AM

Yeah, with angry fans calling customer service to get a refund on their season tix :crazy:

tampabay25690
02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Yeah, with angry fans calling customer service to get a refund on their season tix :crazy:

Then why buy them?
It's Buffalo shouldnt we all be use to it by now?????

Nighthawk
02-16-2011, 06:26 PM

I've been asking that question for 2 years...