PDA

View Full Version : Is Los Angeles definitely getting a team in the near future?

FlyingDutchman
02-15-2011, 05:05 PM
read this and found it interesting...I knew the idea was out there and there were some proposals but this makes it seem like its imminent...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e5263c/article/commissioner-if-talks-dont-pick-up-2011-season-in-jeopardy?module=HP_headlines

Goodell said owners need more money to offset "costs of financing, building, maintaining and operating stadiums."
He added: "We need new stadiums in Los Angeles, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Oakland and San Diego."

FlyingDutchman
02-15-2011, 05:06 PM
wait for poll

G Wolly
02-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I heard it'll be San Diego moving there.

better days
02-15-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't know that they will build a stadium in my lifetime in L.A.

justasportsfan
02-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Goodell said owners need more money to offset "costs of financing, building, maintaining and operating stadiums."
"
I heard greenbay only made 4 million last year.

FlyingDutchman
02-15-2011, 06:27 PM
heres an article on the stadium proposals

http://losangelesfootballstadium.com/news/126-editorial-roski-plan-wins.html

FlyingDutchman
02-15-2011, 06:28 PM
I heard greenbay only made 4 million last year.

ouch

Extremebillsfan247
02-16-2011, 10:31 AM
read this and found it interesting...I knew the idea was out there and there were some proposals but this makes it seem like its imminent...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e5263c/article/commissioner-if-talks-dont-pick-up-2011-season-in-jeopardy?module=HP_headlines

He added: "We need new stadiums in Los Angeles, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Oakland and San Diego."It probably wont happen for at least 4 to 5 years at minimum in the Los Angeles area. That entire State got hit pretty hard when the Real Estate bubble blew up at the beginning of this recent recession. It will take awhile for states like California to recover from such economic disasters like that. Until that happens, no new stadiums are likely to pop up in those respective states.

trapezeus
02-16-2011, 10:37 AM
LA proposals are fairly unrealistic, pricing wise.

The NFL is throwing everything they can think of to raise the owner's need for more cash. I'll accuse the owners of being greedy, but i won't accuse them as being collectively stupid enough to fall for some of those stadiums proposed in LA. It's fine if the county is paying for them (which they can't and won't), but it's a bankruptcy waiting to happen if a private business man looks to do it.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The NFL would really like to be in the L.A. market, which is the second (?) largest in the country. That's the impetus for this movement, not that L.A. is some sort of great football town.

FlyingDutchman
02-16-2011, 01:08 PM
The NFL would really like to be in the L.A. market, which is the second (?) largest in the country. That's the impetus for this movement, not that L.A. is some sort of great football town.

yep it is #2 for DMA (designated marketing area which is established by Nielsen)

better days
02-16-2011, 03:25 PM

Well, there were a good number of fans that bought tickets that would have really liked to sit in their seat & watch the Super Bowl. That did not happen & I doubt a new stadium happens in LA anytime soon either.

Night Train
02-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Right here. :$: :$:

Johnny Bugmenot
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Great football towns and great money markets are not one and the same.

Big markets are great money markets. Great football towns can be of any size (see: Green Bay).

Buffalo is one of the few teams with the best of both worlds: a great, but small, football town and a big-money town in Toronto.

The NFL needs both to survive as a major league.

ublinkwescore
02-17-2011, 01:38 PM
does this mean Buffalo could end up being the LA Primadonnas in the next few years?

Extremebillsfan247
02-17-2011, 01:52 PM
does this mean Buffalo could end up being the LA Primadonnas in the next few years? Chargers would probably get first dibs if a Stadium were built in LA.

better days
02-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Chargers would probably get first dibs if a Stadium were built in LA.

I think Raiders get 1st dibs, Chargers 2nd dibs. I seriously doubt 2 Stadiums get built in Cal in the near future even if private money is involved & 3 teams in that State could use one not including the LA market.

I am surprised the 49ers are not mentioned. They have said they want a new Stadium as well.