PDA

View Full Version : Merriman recruiting Stephen Cooper?

Demon
02-15-2011, 11:48 PM
No idea how credible this site is, but i saw it today and figured i'd post it. Sorry if this site is bogus, i just came across it today.

Buffalo Bills OLB Shawne Merriman is reportedly recruiting former teammate and FA Chargers' ILB Stephen Cooper to come play for the Bills

Link- http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/NFL_Draft_News.html

TEtoLeeTD
02-16-2011, 01:07 AM
i hope not. in 08 he played in and started 12 games and had 98 tackles.....last year he played in 12 games and started 11 and had 43 tackles. he is 31 years old. no thanks. looks like he career is on the downswing.

Mr. Miyagi
02-16-2011, 09:59 AM
But I love how suddenly Merriman is totally on board the Buffalo ship. I think the way Buddy picked him up last year even when he was nowhere near being able to play, and we still extended him showed him a lot or respect and he appreciates it.

Stewie
02-16-2011, 10:56 AM
We will need camp bodies. If he knows 3-4 football and can play better than our scrubs, get that man a uniform - could be the next willie mayes hayes.

http://radio-rabbit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/wessnpies.jpg

streetkings01
02-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Never been a fan of Cooper. He seemed to like talk a big deal, but his play was average.

madness
02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Chalk up 2010 to handful of injuries. He still has some left in the tank if he can stay injury free. If this was baseball the Mets would be all over him.

I'd rather Merriman focus on Burnett if the Chargers can't pony up the cash.

Ickybaluky
02-16-2011, 11:49 AM
He is a NE guy, born in Mass and went to school at U Maine.

He has always been a talented guy, he didn't get drafted because he got bagged with steroids in college. Marty Schottenheimer loved him as a player and he has performed pretty well for the Chargers.

I guess you worry about guys as they get older, but I can't see any real downside to bringing him in. Even if he has lost a step, he is still a very physical ILB with 3-4 experience. He should be able to still contribute on run downs, although he may not be a 3-down player any more.

The Jokeman
02-16-2011, 01:28 PM
He is a NE guy, born in Mass and went to school at U Maine.

He has always been a talented guy, he didn't get drafted because he got bagged with steroids in college. Marty Schottenheimer loved him as a player and he has performed pretty well for the Chargers.

I guess you worry about guys as they get older, but I can't see any real downside to bringing him in. Even if he has lost a step, he is still a very physical ILB with 3-4 experience. He should be able to still contribute on run downs, although he may not be a 3-down player any more.
I've liked Cooper's play but that over 30 thing is always worrisome as hope he's not "Eddie Robinsonesque".

DesertFox24
02-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Cooper would be a nice addition as would Siler or Barnes, or well any of their LBs.

Demon
02-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I've liked Cooper's play but that over 30 thing is always worrisome as hope he's not "Eddie Robinsonesque".

Oh god, i thought we banned the use of that name? lol

more cowbell
02-16-2011, 09:07 PM
I texed this to WGR on Tuesday morning and they talked about it for a few minutes on the air.

Cooper is a **** load better than Andra Davis...

FlyingDutchman
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
wasnt he shot?

FlyingDutchman
02-16-2011, 09:19 PM
nevermind im thinking of Foley

Oaf
02-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Cooper is a **** load better than Andra Davis...

Really ?

BertSquirtgum
02-16-2011, 10:25 PM
it wouldn't hurt my feelings to bringing in cooper for two years or three years.

jcdavey
02-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Never been a fan of Cooper. He seemed to like talk a big deal, but his play was average.
cooper never talks

that's shaun phillips, and shawne merriman who were the talkers

cooper's been a playmaker but his level of play has fallen off, he's still what i would call decent though

X-Era
02-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Since Harris, Hali, and Woodley are out of the question, I would prefer Ruud, Greenway, or even Spikes. But yes, Cooper would be a nice addition. If I made that move, I wouldn't consider the position settled though, I'd still look to the draft.

Another cheap version that I like is Dhani Jones. Brandon Siler would be a nice pickup too.

Beebe's Kid
02-17-2011, 06:39 AM
We will need camp bodies. If he knows 3-4 football and can play better than our scrubs, get that man a uniform - could be the next willie mayes hayes.

http://radio-rabbit.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/wessnpies.jpg

No thanks to Willie Mays Hayes... He may run like Hayes, but he hits like ****.

He pops out too much, and I don't want him in Buffalo. I think we should just draft our Ray Lewis and our Mike Singletary.

I wouldn't mind if we drafted our Dick Butkus, but I'd like to trade down a few placed, and get 5 additional picks, if that's what we wanted to do.

I know it doesn't matter what we say, Buffalo will screw it up.

In reality Cooper might be a nice addition to the football team we have here, but I just wanted fit in and say that, no matter who it is, the player mentioned wasn't good enough to play here. That way if he does come and ever misses a tackle I'm covered to tell you that I didn't want him.

Stewie
02-17-2011, 08:30 AM
No thanks to Willie Mays Hayes... He may run like Hayes, but he hits like ****.

He pops out too much, and I don't want him in Buffalo. I think we should just draft our Ray Lewis and our Mike Singletary.

I wouldn't mind if we drafted our Dick Butkus, but I'd like to trade down a few placed, and get 5 additional picks, if that's what we wanted to do.

I know it doesn't matter what we say, Buffalo will screw it up.

In reality Cooper might be a nice addition to the football team we have here, but I just wanted fit in and say that, no matter who it is, the player mentioned wasn't good enough to play here. That way if he does come and ever misses a tackle I'm covered to tell you that I didn't want him.

Yeah but he's a good locker room guy!! And he's awesome at pushups.

better days
02-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Since Harris, Hali, and Woodley are out of the question, I would prefer Ruud, Greenway, or even Spikes. But yes, Cooper would be a nice addition. If I made that move, I wouldn't consider the position settled though, I'd still look to the draft.

Another cheap version that I like is Dhani Jones. Brandon Siler would be a nice pickup too.

I'm with you on everyone but Jones. He is even slower than Poz. Him & Poz in the middle would be a nightmare.

Bert102176
02-21-2011, 11:04 AM
we need to draft Von Miller and resign Poz.