X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Enroth vs Montreal

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, it didn't look like Montreal got a lot of quality chances. So, was it me, or did the Sabres play a lot better defensively last night?
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Enroth vs Montreal

He got tested early in the game. The Habs were pummuling him with shots the first 15 minutes of the game. I think he did great.
    It is obvious Miller needs a rest. The thing I wonder with Pegula buying the team soon is Enroth starting since they have no confidence in Lalime and he is filling in until the Sabres trade for a back up at the deadline or if they are seeing if Enroth can be the backup or a third option which is their is some truth to the Miller for Kane rumors (very very unlikely) and seeing if Enroth can handle the load. My guess is Enroth is filling in until they trade for a backup.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Enroth was fine. He was a little shaky on the first two shootout attempts, but other than that, he came to play. In fact, he was the only Sabre doing anything in the first period. The guys hung him out to dry and gave up something like 18 shots in the first period.

I'm convinced that he's better than Lalime.
      Last edited by OpIv37; 02-16-2011, 10:40 AM.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Enroth

+:stops the puck more than lalime, he's new and has some life and excitement.
        -:he's small so his legs don't go post to post as quickly (shootout goal), he has a bizarre style that has him meander from the net after saves, so if there is a rebound, you need a defensemen there to clean it up.

In the montreal game, the sabres screwed him. the first goal, he was in the right position and made the save, but no one cleared out the net and the habs were allowed to whack at it a second time. if he had a taller torso, he might have stopped the second one as well. The second goal was just terrible defense. Sekera was in no man's land and created a 2-1 for the habs. Myers didn't realize he was covering a 2-1 until it was too late and enroth was forced to play the shot and the pass. That never works out well.

Montreal also had a ton of defensemen injured.

I thought it looked promising for this year's "run" but i'm still not sold on them being a playoff team.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
          I thought it looked promising for this year's "run"
          I actually thought the opposite, mainly because of all Montreal's injuries on D.

In the 1st, they gave up a ton of shots and didn't help their inexperienced goaltender at all. It was a pathetic display. At least 3 of their penalties were just stupid, sloppy plays, they continued to struggle establishing the offensive zone, they were getting killed on the rush in the neutral zone and they fell behind 2-0.

All this against a team playing 3 defensemen that just got called up from the AHL.

They fought back and got a win, but the reasons why they are in this situation were all too obvious.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Entity played well. As has been noted he 1st was a probably as bad as it could have been, but the last two periods were strong.

Montreal has some injuries, and since Buffalo is 110% it was just an unfair game. Everybody knew they were going to win...they jus all picked them to lose in the prediction thread. Give me a ****ing break.

We dont have our best defender, and one of our better defensive forwards. Everybody has injuries.

This team will make the Playoffs, and hopefully the fact that they have to play their asses off to get there will have them hot at the right time. It would be too cool if we made a trade for another defender.

I apologize for saying they will make the Playoffs, there must be a rule against positive statements about a team that is playing their asses off. I also have left out the obligatory statement about how bad Pominville is...my bad.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Enroth made 30 something saves in regulation, then saved our butts in the Shoot Out. Pretty damned good night.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

This was the first game where the sabres scored some playoff type goals. Stand in front of the net and pay the price. The tampa and isle game was full of pretty regular season goals that won't be there come playoffs.

Beebe, feel free to be positive about the playoffs. I think they could make it. But the reality is that this current roster is not a deep playoff team. When we went to the shoot out, after the first 3 shooters, who did you want to shoot? The fact that we had defensemen go before forwards should tell you about our forwards.

And yes, i think if the canadiens played a less sloppy game with their defensive players, the sabres would have been chased out of the building after 1.

but on a positive note, the sabres didn't fold and they didn't settle for just getting 1 point, when they had a bad call with under 2 minutes to go. They played a solid 3rd period.

But too often we see that this group of guys refuse to be consistent. As a result, i really hope there are 1 or two trades that get dead weight players out the door and young guys with promise in.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

From what I watched, he played OK but didn't really get tested. I see a lot more odd man breaks when Miller has been in net. He played pretty solid from what I saw though and kept his head in the shootout after giving up two quick goals.

I don't like Pomminville and Hecht and it figured that they had a big hand in tying the score. My main beef isn't as much with them (though I think they aren't physical enough) but with what is asked of them. They should be second to third line players, but Pomminville is paid like a top liner on this team. He has produced a lot more lately, but I did have to laugh that he shot wide on the shootout. After the last Montreal guy missed, I told my wife, "crap, Hecht is going to win it" before he even was announced as the next shooter. Glad he scored though.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

completely serious, how many more rounds did that shootout have to go before the sabres were like, "ok, Special Nieds, it's your turn."

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                      Entity played well. As has been noted he 1st was a probably as bad as it could have been, but the last two periods were strong.

Montreal has some injuries, and since Buffalo is 110% it was just an unfair game. Everybody knew they were going to win...they jus all picked them to lose in the prediction thread. Give me a ****ing break.

We dont have our best defender, and one of our better defensive forwards. Everybody has injuries.

This team will make the Playoffs, and hopefully the fact that they have to play their asses off to get there will have them hot at the right time. It would be too cool if we made a trade for another defender.

I apologize for saying they will make the Playoffs, there must be a rule against positive statements about a team that is playing their asses off. I also have left out the obligatory statement about how bad Pominville is...my bad.
                      lmao- playing their asses off. This is the same team that didn't make the playoffs for 2 straight years, got upset in the first round last year, then dug themselves into such a hole this year that they have to play their asses off just to get back to the 8th spot.

And our "best defender" is Myers.

We have a starting goalie having a mediocre year, a useless back up that the coach won't even play, forwards who make lots of money but can't score and defenders more concerned with joining the rush than playing defense.

And you wonder why no one makes positive statements about the team? Seriously, the team has a good 6 weeks and you forget about the last 3 1/2 years.

And while we're on this subject: as a fan, I can't root for the team to lose by definition. We have a chance to make the playoffs so I like seeing them fight for every point in the standings. But the reality is that making the playoffs might be a curse rather than a blessing. The current incarnation of this team cannot win a Stanley Cup or even make a deep playoff run. They've proven that over the last 4 years, and major changes are necessary. My fear is that if this team manages to get into the playoffs, Pegula will fall into the same trap of "we just need one or two more pieces" when we really need a major overhaul.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

completely serious, how many more rounds did that shootout have to go before the sabres were like, "ok, Special Nieds, it's your turn."
                        lmao, "Special Neids."

The guy is brutal. I really can't believe we don't have anyone else to put in for him.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

it's not mine. i read that somewhere and loved it.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

the special nieds signing should be the most damning statement about the DR regime. He was brought in to be a "final piece" to a young team, and he contribute and be gritty.

Overall, he may be a little gritty and fights for it in the corners, but zero goals? Has anyone ever gone 80+ games without scoring a single game?

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

the special nieds signing should be the most damning statement about the DR regime. He was brought in to be a "final piece" to a young team, and he contribute and be gritty.

Overall, he may be a little gritty and fights for it in the corners, but zero goals? Has anyone ever gone 80+ games without scoring a single game?
                              Seriously, Byron is a 4th line rookie who's played 7 games and he has a goal. Rivet is a defenseman who's only played in 23 games, usually as part of the 3rd defense pair, and he has a goal.

Neidermayer has 0 goals in 46 games, as a FWD. How is that possible? You'd figure he'd get one by dumb luck by now.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X