PDA

View Full Version : Our offensive line might not look very good for a while...

Stewie
09-07-2002, 12:59 PM
It kinda struck me recently that the line will take longer to jell because the people they practice against every day aren't very good.

casdhf
09-07-2002, 01:05 PM
I think they'll be fine. The line is new, but Jennings and Sullivan played together some last year, Teague is a new position, but a vet none the less and Brown is as solid as ever and should be better not having to cover for Fina. That leabes Mike Williams, who is huge and has enough ability to, hopefully, keep him from screwing up too much.

HenryRules
09-07-2002, 01:07 PM
I don't think that will affect their gelling (is that a word?) too much. It might make it harder for them to develop individually, but I don't think it will have an impact on their gelling. IMO, aside from MW, no one drastically needs to work on their individual abilities, the gelling is more important. Our defense sends a lot of guys from different spots after the QB. This requires a lot of communication and co-operation from the line. I think this communication and co-operation in practice are more important to gelling than being able to practice blocking against players like Michael Strahan one-on-one. IMO, gelling involves being able to handle the tricks by the defense, individual ability is what allows you to block the skillful defensive players.

TigerJ
09-07-2002, 05:02 PM
I hope you're wrong, Paul. I suspect there's some truth to what you say. If you kick butt in practice against someone who's really not very good, it could be easy to become complacent.

lordofgun
09-07-2002, 05:10 PM
complacency:chair:log

venis2k1
09-07-2002, 05:44 PM
i think our line will get confused if they jets throw some complicated blitzing our way. if we can establish a run game to keep em honest then we should be fine.

shelby
09-07-2002, 07:31 PM
:lol: @ Red.....
you make me laugh.

we do sincerely need a running game.