8. Tennessee-Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri
9. Dallas- Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska
10. Washington-A.J. Green WR, Georgia
11. Houston- Jimmy Smith CB, Colorado
12. Minnesota-Robert Quinn DE, North Carolina
13. Detroit-Akeem Ayers LB, UCLA
14. St. Louis-- Julio Jones WR, Alabama
15. Miami-Mark Ingram RB, Alabama
16. Jacksonville- Brandon Harris CB, Miami (FL)
17. New England (f. Oakland)-Corey Liuget DE/DT, Illinois
18. San Diego-Aldon Smith LB, Missouri
19. New York Giants- Nate Solder OT, Colorado
20. Tampa Bay- Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa
21. Kansas City-Justin Houston LB, Georgia
22. Indianapolis- Anthony Castonzo OT, Boston College
23. Philadelphia- Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin
24. New Orleans-J.J. Watt DE, Wisconsin
25. Seattle- Tyron Smith OT, USC
26. Baltimore-Aaron Williams CB, Texas
27. Atlanta-Derek Sherrod OT, Mississippi St
28. New England-Torrey Smith WR, Maryland
29. Chicago- Leonard Hankerson WR, Miami
30. New York Jets- Cameron Heyward DE, Ohio St.
31. Pittsburgh- Brandon Burton CB, Utah
32. Green Bay- Ryan Kerrigan LB, Purdue

Ill have a deeper and comment filled one after the combine is over. Should be 4 rounds.

tampabay25690
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
nice

tcb5033
02-16-2011, 12:08 PM
i like Leonard Hankerson a lot, but do you really think he'll get picked up in the first round?

justasportsfan
02-16-2011, 12:18 PM
just add the 2nd rd. up until bills since they are drafting high in the 2nd.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Cameron Jordan going at #7 :lol:

Congratulations your mock is the first mock out of the 100's I have looked at to rate him so high.

AJ Green will not last until the 10th pick.

WeAreArthurMoates
02-16-2011, 12:26 PM
Great Mock, I think both Locker and Mallett could slip to the 2nd as well. No other real surprises though I think Phil Taylor will go in the 1st.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 01:55 PM
i like Leonard Hankerson a lot, but do you really think he'll get picked up in the first round?

I do the Senior Bowl was step one, if he runs and workouts like I think he will in Indy then it may be a lock.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 01:55 PM
just add the 2nd rd. up until bills since they are drafting high in the 2nd.

Can't.

Im torn between 4-5 players right now for that pick. Need to confirm some numbers I have first.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 01:56 PM

Congratulations your mock is the first mock out of the 100's I have looked at to rate him so high.

I like being first, plus Ive seen the mocks you look at, being different from them is a good thing.

He may not, I agree with you there.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Great Mock, I think both Locker and Mallett could slip to the 2nd as well. No other real surprises though I think Phil Taylor will go in the 1st.

Cam Thomas syndrome on Taylor. He's not even the best 3-4 NT in this class.

The Jokeman
02-16-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd be shocked if the Browns would pass on AJ Green at pick 6. Especially with an offensive minded HC and GM and in a big time need at WR it seems like he has to end up in Cleveland unless Ciny takes him sooner.

Raptor
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Dareus should be the pick, sadly i dont think he will be

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
I'd be shocked if the Browns would pass on AJ Green at pick 6. Especially with an offensive minded HC and GM and in a big time need at WR it seems like he has to end up in Cleveland unless Ciny takes him sooner.

It would be a slight surprise but Cleveland (like us) needs help all over, so it wouldnt shock me completely either. They are one of the teams that could go in 22 different directions.

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Why does Green Bay not get a pick?

SquishDaFish
02-16-2011, 02:31 PM

I agree with you about Green but Jordan is def going to go top 15

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 02:32 PM

I just dont like them.

Fixed

OpIv37
02-16-2011, 02:32 PM

They're taking Cam Newton too. He's so good that he's getting picked twice.

kingJofNYC
02-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Bunting had another draft chat today, felt Dareus is nowhere near a top 10 pick, mid to late 1st. Not sure I agree, but thought I'd throw that out there.

justasportsfan
02-16-2011, 02:42 PM
Can't.

Im torn between 4-5 players right now for that pick. Need to confirm some numbers I have first.

I'll make is easy for you .rrr...rrrrb.....rb....runningback

TacklingDummy
02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
plus Ive seen the mocks you look at, being different from them is a good thing.

Really? You can see through my eyes? Wow, you are that damn good.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I agree with you about Green but Jordan is def going to go top 15
Top 15 is different than #7.
If I was to guess he will go anywhere from 11-20.

ddaryl
02-16-2011, 03:20 PM

LMFAO

what the hell is your issue with Cameron Jordan. Did he punch your mother or something. The guy is a rock solid 3-4 DE. A bit of a reach at #3 but you seem to believe this guy is a 2nd rounder or something.

He's going to get drafted in the top 15.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2011, 04:02 PM
LMFAO

what the hell is your issue with Cameron Jordan. Did he punch your mother or something. The guy is a rock solid 3-4 DE. A bit of a reach at #3 but you seem to believe this guy is a 2nd rounder or something.Problem is reaching for him at #3 is Maybinish.

He's going to get drafted in the top 15. Never said he wasn't.

Night Train
02-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Dareus or a trade down for more picks makes the most sense to me.

Good job, DB.

Beebe's Kid
02-16-2011, 04:13 PM

You really have a thing for this guy, huh?

D. Boy vs T. Dummy...hmmm you're probably right.

I can't believe I was able to type that with a straight face.

justasportsfan
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Nix is all about grabbing a Franchise qb. If he likes Newton, he's most likely our guy.

X-Era
02-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Nix is all about grabbing a Franchise qb. If he likes Newton, he's most likely our guy.Remember his words? "This is a quarterback driven league".

Nighthawk
02-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Remember his words? "This is a quarterback driven league".

I'm not saying it is right or wrong, but people should really get used to the idea of the Bills taking Newton at #3. I just think he is the type of "athlete" that they fall in love with.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Nix is all about grabbing a Franchise qb. If he likes Newton, he's most likely our guy.

You say this knowing that Nix passed not once but twice on Clausen and McCoy, and didnt take Tebow who we know they were high on.

Hanging far too much on what he says and not enough on what he has done in the draft itself.

Slim
02-16-2011, 06:41 PM
You say this knowing that Nix passed not once but twice on Clausen and McCoy, and didnt take Tebow who we know they were high on.

Hanging far too much on what he says and not enough on what he has done in the draft itself.

What do you think is more of a reach Tebow at #9 or Newton at #3?

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 06:44 PM
What do you think is more of a reach Tebow at #9 or Newton at #3?

Tebow, and I dont think its all that close.

I like Newton, I just dont know if he has the ability to succeed in the NFL. He has a very sharp learning curve.

X-Era
02-16-2011, 06:44 PM

1) I won't be unhappy with Dareus or a few others at 3. Let's get that out there.

2) I think with Fitz being a UFA after this next year, no backup, and no real option to develop, QB will definitely be on our minds come draft day.

3) Nix also had a situation with both Brees and Rivers on the roster... he didn't really need to worry much about the QB spot.

X-Era
02-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Tebow, and I dont think its all that close.

I like Newton, I just dont know if he has the ability to succeed in the NFL. He has a very sharp learning curve.Nor do I. Tebow could have dropped to a mid-round in my mind. Yet Newton is extremely unlikely to be available past the 2nd round, and I think he's a 1st round lock.

Slim
02-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Nor do I. Tebow could have dropped to a mid-round in my mind. Yet Newton is extremely unlikely to be available past the 2nd round, and I think he's a 1st round lock.

I haven't watched much of Newton this year so I can't judge but you'll be hard pressed to find a mock where he isn't picked in the top ten.

X-Era
02-16-2011, 06:52 PM
I haven't watched much of Newton this year so I can't judge but you'll be hard pressed to find a mock where he isn't picked in the top ten.I'm well aware. Personally, I can agree with a top ten grade based on the potential. But he will need more development than some. But, I trust Gailey to get that done.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 06:52 PM
1) I won't be unhappy with Dareus or a few others at 3. Let's get that out there.

2) I think with Fitz being a UFA after this next year, no backup, and no real option to develop, QB will definitely be on our minds come draft day.

3) Nix also had a situation with both Brees and Rivers on the roster... he didn't really need to worry much about the QB spot.

1. I agree, Dareus is my top option, but there a few choices Id be happy with.

2. Eh, I dont think Fitz is a difficult UFA to re-sign and you can grab a developmental guy in the mid-rounds.

3. I agree with this.

justasportsfan
02-16-2011, 06:56 PM

he didn't like them obviously and didnt think they were franchise qbs. Again, IF he likes Cam.....

While he may not have had the final say in SD , they also drafted Rivers inspite of having a young brees.

justasportsfan
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
2. Eh, I dont think Fitz is a difficult UFA to re-sign and you can grab a developmental guy in the mid-rounds.

just to play devils advocate, I'll use your previous post and say Nix passed on 2 developmental qbs in Claussen and MCoy

Lone Stranger
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
This is very well done. There is good logic to your selection process. Probably the best I've seen.

psubills62
02-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I haven't watched much of Newton this year so I can't judge but you'll be hard pressed to find a mock where he isn't picked in the top ten.

People mocking him there doesn't always mean he deserves to be there.

DraftBoy
02-16-2011, 07:21 PM
just to play devils advocate, I'll use your previous post and say Nix passed on 2 developmental qbs in Claussen and MCoy

Neither QB is a developmental player...? Both started and were expected to start as rookies. That is not my definition of developmental.

tomz
02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
This draft will go down in history as the draft with the most guys named 'Cameron' that are drafted in the first round!!!

Slim
02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
People mocking him there doesn't always mean he deserves to be there.

I was under the impression every draft nerd was the spawn of Bill Polian and Miss Clohe.

justasportsfan
02-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Neither QB is a developmental player...? Both started and were expected to start as rookies. That is not my definition of developmental.
well there you go. that says a lot about what Nix thought about them then . Neither of them were the franchise qb he talks about.

TacklingDummy
02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
well there you go. that says a lot about what Nix thought about them then . Neither of them were the franchise qb he talks about.
And he was right.

YardRat
02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I hope you're right about Dareus DB, but I'd be surprised if Green stayed on the board that long also.

DraftBoy
02-17-2011, 07:19 AM

Well not entirely, because we know he thought highly of Tebow and passed. His opinion on Clausen and McCoy I would agree was not as high as some teams, which was a good thing.

DraftBoy
02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
I hope you're right about Dareus DB, but I'd be surprised if Green stayed on the board that long also.

I hope so too, and the fact that almost nobody else is projecting it gives me some reason to hope. I was right last year about Spiller being one of the probable picks so I at least have that going for me.

It wouldnt shock me if Green fell, look at the top 10 again;

1. Carolina-Steve Smith and David Gettis
2. Denver-Brandon Lloyd, Eddie Royal, and an injured Demayrius Thomas
3. Buffalo-Lee Evans, and Stevie Johnson
4. Cincinnati-Jordan Shipley, and Chad Johnson
5. Arizona-Larry Fitzgerald
6. Cleveland-Mohammed Massaquoi
7. San Francisco-Micheal Crabtree
8. Tennessee-Kenny Britt
9. Dallas-Dez Bryant, Miles Austin, and Roy Williams
10. Washington-Malcolm Kelly, and Roydell Williams

The bolded teams are the teams that have a need for a top WR and possible landing places. Nobody has a need as big as Washington's though and every other team has massive holes elsewhere that they need to fill as well. Just my thoughts on it.

Luisito23
02-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Dez fell all the way to the Cowgirls, so you never know.

DraftBoy
02-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Dez fell all the way to the Cowgirls, so you never know.

And Moss fell to the Vikings.

To be fair though both had character concerns that Green does not.

Mahdi
02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
If Peterson goes before us I will be more open to the Dareus pick but I still don't like passing up on Bowers and Fairley.

For me, a top 3 pick has to be the best at something in the entire draft. Fairley is the best interior pass rusher and Bowers is the best pure pass rusher and DE.

Bowers is scheme versatile IMO. The guy is 6'4 280. No reason why he can't line up at DE in a 3-4 and a 4-3 also.

better days
02-17-2011, 09:37 AM
Nor do I. Tebow could have dropped to a mid-round in my mind. Yet Newton is extremely unlikely to be available past the 2nd round, and I think he's a 1st round lock.

If you think Tebow would have dropped beyond the 2nd rnd, you are out of your mind. I think the Bills would have likely drafted him in the 2nd if the Broncos did not get him in the 1st.

justasportsfan
02-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Well not entirely, because we know he thought highly of Tebow and passed. His opinion on Clausen and McCoy I would agree was not as high as some teams, which was a good thing.

Isn't Tebow a bigger project to be taken at 9 than Newton is at 3?

BTw, I am not high on Cam but just trying to put reasons out why Nix may draft Cam based on what he's done and said and whats rumored. Then again, there are several reasons as why Nix could also go DL. Your reason for drafting Dareus as as valid as to why Nix go with Cam. It's very hard to tell which way Nix would go. I too would actually want the bills to take Dareus.

Cam is supposedly as talented and as dynamic at his postition as Spiller was at his. Seems like they drafted Spiller because he can do a lot aside from just running the ball. Seems like Gailey could also do a lot with Cams running ability.

Isn't the DL deep in this draft?

Dujek
02-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I'd be very happy if the Bills took Dareus there. The biggest need is someone who helps stop the run, and they address that straight out of the block.

X-Era
02-17-2011, 10:14 AM
If you think Tebow would have dropped beyond the 2nd rnd, you are out of your mind. I think the Bills would have likely drafted him in the 2nd if the Broncos did not get him in the 1st.Based on his college mechanics, he shouldn't be in the first few rounds, IMO. His leadership was off the charts, but Denver banked on him being able to capitalize on his new throwing motions.

k-oneputt
02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
You superscouts are talking about ROOKIE qb's.
Go checkout the stats of the good qb's in their rookie years. Actually go checkout the HOF qb's in their rookie years and lets us know what you find.

Way to early to discard any rookie from last year.

malvado78
02-17-2011, 10:23 AM
You superscouts are talking about ROOKIE qb's.
Go checkout the stats of the good qb's in their rookie years. Actually go checkout the HOF qb's in their rookie years and lets us know what you find.

Way to early to discard any rookie from last year.

I would be comfortable discarding Clausen but otherwise I agree.

DraftBoy
02-17-2011, 10:58 AM
If Peterson goes before us I will be more open to the Dareus pick but I still don't like passing up on Bowers and Fairley.

For me, a top 3 pick has to be the best at something in the entire draft. Fairley is the best interior pass rusher and Bowers is the best pure pass rusher and DE.

Bowers is scheme versatile IMO. The guy is 6'4 280. No reason why he can't line up at DE in a 3-4 and a 4-3 also.

We dont need an interior rusher and Bowers is not the best fit in a 3-4. Can he do it? Absolutely, but does it allow him to utilize his best skill set? No.

If we were still a 4-3 team I would take either Bowers or Fairley over Dareus, who I dont think is a good 4-3 fit. But we aren't and I value all three very highly so Im taking the guy who gives up top value and best fills the need.

DraftBoy
02-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Isn't Tebow a bigger project to be taken at 9 than Newton is at 3?

BTw, I am not high on Cam but just trying to put reasons out why Nix may draft Cam based on what he's done and said and whats rumored. Then again, there are several reasons as why Nix could also go DL. Your reason for drafting Dareus as as valid as to why Nix go with Cam. It's very hard to tell which way Nix would go. I too would actually want the bills to take Dareus.

Cam is supposedly as talented and as dynamic at his postition as Spiller was at his. Seems like they drafted Spiller because he can do a lot aside from just running the ball. Seems like Gailey could also do a lot with Cams running ability.

Isn't the DL deep in this draft?

Yes he is a bigger project.

You make solid points, and it could ne Newton, I just dont believe at this time that's the direction the Bills are looking.

Its deep in some aspects and not in others. In my personal database at home I have 203 players listed at DE or DT. Ill have to look when I get home at how many of those 200+ I gave draftable grades. Sorry I dont have the info on me right now.

HAMMER
02-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I hope so too, and the fact that almost nobody else is projecting it gives me some reason to hope. I was right last year about Spiller being one of the probable picks so I at least have that going for me.

8. Tennessee-Kenny Britt

The bolded teams are the teams that have a need for a top WR and possible landing places. Nobody has a need as big as Washington's though and every other team has massive holes elsewhere that they need to fill as well. Just my thoughts on it.

It's crazy how badly the Skins missed in the 08' draft when they took 3 pass catchers, Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly in succession.

YardRat
02-17-2011, 07:58 PM

8. Tennessee-Kenny Britt

I could see Cleveland, Tennessee or even Dallas (despite them appearing to be set at the position) jumping on him.

DraftBoy
02-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Yes he is a bigger project.

You make solid points, and it could ne Newton, I just dont believe at this time that's the direction the Bills are looking.

Its deep in some aspects and not in others. In my personal database at home I have 203 players listed at DE or DT. Ill have to look when I get home at how many of those 200+ I gave draftable grades. Sorry I dont have the info on me right now.

Correction I forgot I ran an update on the database and the number of DL in the draft is around 267 now, not 203. Of that number I have 56 that I grade right now as draftable though Im not done yet, so say 55-60 get draftable grades.

Comparatively in 2009 only 40 DL were selected so is it deeper? Possibly but I getting a draftable grade doesnt mean you're guaranteed to get drafted.

Ed
02-18-2011, 10:36 AM
The word here in Denver is that Elway is working hard to re-sign Champ Bailey. I'm not sure what the chances are of that happening, but if they do, I don't think they take Peterson. They're also switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and have no DL talent to begin with, so I think Bowers is the more likely pick right now.

Mr. Pink
02-18-2011, 11:00 AM
I could see Cleveland, Tennessee or even Dallas (despite them appearing to be set at the position) jumping on him.

I've seen mocks that have Cleveland taking Julio Jones and not AJ Green. Reason being Green has already been taken. I highly doubt that Green makes it passed Cleveland.

justasportsfan
02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Well not entirely, because we know he thought highly of Tebow and passed. .
I forgot to add that Nix went on record to publicly say that they didn't think there was a franchise qb in last years draft after Bradford. Then again,they were rumored to try and move up to grab a player and maybe it was Tebow. Who knows really?

If they were trying to grab Tebow, then I can see them using their 3 to grab Newton who's supposedly better than Tebow.

DraftBoy
02-18-2011, 11:21 AM
I forgot to add that Nix went on record to publicly say that they didn't think there was a franchise qb in last years draft after Bradford. Then again,they were rumored to try and move up to grab a player and maybe it was Tebow. Who knows really?

If they were trying to grab Tebow, then I can see them using their 3 to grab Newton who's supposedly better than Tebow.

You're making an awful lot of leaps there.

justasportsfan
02-18-2011, 11:33 AM
You're making an awful lot of leaps there.

I know. Just stating that Nix could go anywhere with the no.3 . Might even grab a rb :ill:

Buddo
02-19-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm pretty sure the guy they were looking to move up to get was Dan Williams, the NT.
Iirc, the reason they were pissed at the Broncos, is that the Broncos possibly outbid them for the spot, thinking they (the Bills) were after Tebow.
The Bills then made another deal to move up , but Williams was taken a spot before then, so they didn't do it, as the guy they wanted there (Williams) was gone.
Hence the 'Denver panicked' comments from Ralph about them taking Tebow.

Whilst nobody has explicitly said that it was Williams they were after, Nix has been precise enough about where he had wanted to move to, that with the other guys selected, it would almost certainly have been Williams we were targeting. Iirc, there was just about nobody else who went within the 2 spots or so between Tebow being taken by the Broncos, and Williams being taken, that looks remotely like a guy we had targeted.

SABURZFAN
02-19-2011, 09:32 AM
1. Carolina-Nick Fairley DT, Auburn
2. Denver-Patrick Peterson CB, LSU
3. Buffalo-Marcell Dareus DT/DE, Alabama
4. Cincinnati-Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson
5. Arizona-Cameron Newton QB, Auburn
6. Cleveland- Von Miller LB, Texas A&M
7. San Francisco- Cameron Jordan DE, California
8. Tennessee-Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri
9. Dallas- Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska
10. Washington-A.J. Green WR, Georgia
11. Houston- Jimmy Smith CB, Colorado
12. Minnesota-Robert Quinn DE, North Carolina
13. Detroit-Akeem Ayers LB, UCLA
14. St. Louis-- Julio Jones WR, Alabama
15. Miami-Mark Ingram RB, Alabama
16. Jacksonville- Brandon Harris CB, Miami (FL)
17. New England (f. Oakland)-Corey Liuget DE/DT, Illinois
18. San Diego-Aldon Smith LB, Missouri
19. New York Giants- Nate Solder OT, Colorado
20. Tampa Bay- Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa
21. Kansas City-Justin Houston LB, Georgia
22. Indianapolis- Anthony Castonzo OT, Boston College
23. Philadelphia- Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin
24. New Orleans-J.J. Watt DE, Wisconsin
25. Seattle- Tyron Smith OT, USC
26. Baltimore-Aaron Williams CB, Texas
27. Atlanta-Derek Sherrod OT, Mississippi St
28. New England-Torrey Smith WR, Maryland
29. Chicago- Leonard Hankerson WR, Miami
30. New York Jets- Cameron Heyward DE, Ohio St.
31. Pittsburgh- Brandon Burton CB, Utah
32. Green Bay- Ryan Kerrigan LB, Purdue

Ill have a deeper and comment filled one after the combine is over. Should be 4 rounds.

WHAT????? NO CENTER IN THE 1ST ROUND???? :jk:

Green is drafted too low in this. however, you didn't figure in any trades or anything else so it's not too bad overall.