• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Figster
    • Oct 2010

Ralph Wilson faces labor battles head on

Good article, interview with Ralph Wilson

Interesting comments on the QB situation

RW: I think it will take two or three years to have a playoff team -- and that's if we get a quarterback.''

And here is what Wilson had to say about speculation that the Bills will select Auburn quarterback Cam Newton with the draft's No. 3 pick:

"Well, he's very athletic. But it's the intangibles. We've had a number of quarterbacks that could throw the ball 100 yards and right into your stomach. But then they got into games and threw it 100 yards into the other team's stomach. There's time. We'll learn more about him. Just like with this labor agreement, you just can't predict.''
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ralph Wilson faces labor battles head on

Two or Three years??? **** you, Ralph!

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Michael82

i liked the whole article to be honest. ralph didn't seem out of it

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Unfortunately, Mike, based on the past 11 years, that may be optimistic.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

WHAT ABOUT FITZFRANCHISE????????????????????????????????????????????/
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Just to put this whole 2006 CBA thing to rest:

Originally posted by Ralph Wilson
            "They passed out a sheet that contained financial information,'' Wilson recalled of the owners meeting in March 2006 when that CBA was sanctioned. "It was not what I thought we were supposed to get. I thought there would be more discussion. I voted against it because I didn't understand the financial figures put out. And what I did understand, I didn't like.''
            Ralph voted against it because he DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT. Not because he was some visionary who foresaw the current problems- HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND IT. He said it in HIS OWN WORDS.

Now, after 10 years of struggling and multiple coaching and FO changes, he STILL says we are 2-3 years away from being a playoff team?

Do you people get it yet? Some of you will come back with "be respectful- he gave us a team." Well, that was 51 years ago and he hasn't done jack **** since then. And he's trying to buy another 2-3 years of not doing jack **** with comments like that.

This team is going nowhere as long as he's the owner.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

Ralph voted against it because he DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT. Not because he was some visionary who foresaw the current problems- HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND IT. He said it in HIS OWN WORDS.

Now, after 10 years of struggling and multiple coaching and FO changes, he STILL says we are 2-3 years away from being a playoff team?

Do you people get it yet? Some of you will come back with "be respectful- he gave us a team." Well, that was 51 years ago and he hasn't done jack **** since then. And he's trying to buy another 2-3 years of not doing jack **** with comments like that.

Based on the current state of things, its clear a lot of owners didnt quite understand it.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                i liked the whole article to be honest. ralph didn't seem out of it
                I agree that he didn't sound out of it, but do you see what I mean when I say that Buffalo fans have accepted mediocrity? When our owner gives an interview, we are satisfied that he "didn't seem out of it," as if we're impressed that he's not a bumbling, incoherent moron.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

How can you possibly look at this team and not think that's the MINIMUM it would be?
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    Based on the current state of things, its clear a lot of owners didnt quite understand it.
                    Exactly. I don't think many owners realized how much the players were getting out of that deal.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Have you ever said "I don't understand" when you understand perfectly the situation, but don't understand why it's happening in such an unreasonable or irrational way? Do you think Ralph would right out tell the other 30 owners that they're out of their tree and wrong? Or do you simply just chalk this up as Ralph being a complete moron?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                        How can you possibly look at this team and not think that's the MINIMUM it would be?
                        Because so many other teams have gutted and rebuilt their teams in a year or two. Plus I think we got quite a few pieces and lots of money under the cap to spend. I, was hoping that he said our goal is to make the playoffs in the 2012 season and that he's willing to do whenever it takes.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

There's a couple amusing things to me regarding the owners and the previous CBA.

First of all, the way it's been presented to the masses: players get 60% after the owners set aside $1B from the overall pot. You have to wonder - how exactly did the previous CBA make that so complicated that none of the owners seemed to understand what they were signing on for?

Second is in regards to Richardson, the Panthers' owner. When you consider that the owners are the ones who got shafted because none of them could comprehend the previous CBA, you'd think he'd keep his yap shut when talking to players about if they understand how to read certain charts.

The owners sure made themselves look stupid with the last CBA.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• streetkings01
                            • Jul 2006

Just curious.......when was the last time you had a nice vacation?
                            You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Stewie
                              Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                              • Aug 2002

Ralph voted against it because he DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT
                              . Not because he was some visionary who foresaw the current problems- HE DID NOT UNDERSTAND IT. He said it in HIS OWN WORDS.

Wrong wrong wrong. Absolutely 100% wrong.

He said at the time that they were only given 45 minutes to discuss it and that he didn't agree to it because they hadn't been given ample time to understand it.

Here is the quote from 2006 and the link

"I didn't understand it," said Buffalo's Ralph Wilson. "It is a very complicated issue and I didn't believe we should be rushing to vote in 45 minutes. I'm not a dropout ... or maybe I am. I didn't understand it."

NFL owners have approved a six-year extension of the collective bargaining agreement by a vote of 30-2 Wednesday night.

No one, I don't care who you are, can fully understand all potential implications of a multi year, multi billion dollar agreement in 45 minutes.

Clearly, the NFL and NFLPA do not know how to effectively negotiate, and we all know that last deal was put together to stave off what we are now facing.

It is dead wrong to blame Ralph in this situation.
                              Originally posted by Topdog
                              Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              I love Weiner.
                              Originally posted by mercyrule
                              also cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X