PDA

View Full Version : Da'Quan Bowers

T-Long
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
The Fan Hub is having me break down each player that I have projected going into the first round. I have Bowers going #1 overall to the Panthers. Check out my write up and let me know what you all think.

Click here (http://thefanhub.com/698/elsewhere/nfl/2011-nfl-draft-preview-da%E2%80%99quan-bowers-profile.html)!

scartown
02-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Nice write up.
He would be my pick at 3 if he's on the board. The talk of him being a one year wonder is nonsense.

TigerJ
02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm a bit surprised that you think one of his issues might be offensive linemen going low on him because he's a big guy. If he's 6'4", that is not extraordinarily tall for a DE. Among defensive ends who might go in the first round, most are as tall or taller than Bowers. Fairley is the same height. I think Cameron Jordan is too. JJ Watts, Robert Quinn, and Ryan Kerrigan are taller. Only Marcel Dareus at 6'3" is a bit shorter, and of course he, like Fairley is something of a hybrid DT/DE. In any case, Bowers obviously has the athleticism to adapt to the 3-4 where I think he could probably play rush linebacker or defensive end.

T-Long
02-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm a bit surprised that you think one of his issues might be offensive linemen going low on him because he's a big guy. If he's 6'4", that is not extraordinarily tall for a DE. Among defensive ends who might go in the first round, most are as tall or taller than Bowers. Fairley is the same height. I think Cameron Jordan is too. JJ Watts, Robert Quinn, and Ryan Kerrigan are taller. Only Marcel Dareus at 6'3" is a bit shorter, and of course he, like Fairley is something of a hybrid DT/DE. In any case, Bowers obviously has the athleticism to adapt to the 3-4 where I think he could probably play rush linebacker or defensive end.
To be honest, I really was forced to come up with SOMETHING that could be a problem with the guy. I honestly don't think it's an issue whatsoever, but I had to choose something and that seemed like the best avenue to go. Thanks for checking out the article!