PDA

View Full Version : QB Prospect Makes Own Trick Shot Video

DraftBoy
02-21-2011, 12:07 PM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/monmouth-qb-tosses-hit-into-trick-shot-mix/

After seeing what UConn's QB did, D3 star Alex Tanney put together his own video. This kid put up some crazy numbers at the D3 level and had he not been hurt this year would of been in the mix for top small school QB with Pat Devlin.

While not nearly as impressive as McEntee’s effort, Monmouth College’s Alex Tanney has brought his considerable Div. III skills to the trick-shot mix. And, while McEntee has barely touched the playing field during his time in Storrs, Tanney brings some statistics to the table; in 2009, Tanney was named the Midwest Conference’s player of the year after passing for nearly 4,000 yards and tossing 44 touchdowns. In 2008 and 2009, Tanney threw for nearly 7,500 yards and 94 touchdowns.

justasportsfan
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
maybe they should start an NFL version of Harlem globetrotters

ServoBillieves
02-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Xavier Omon, a small college beast, picked up by the Bills.
Joique Bell, a small college beast, picked up by the Bills (Sorry for your loss, DB)

Speaking of which... Alex Tanney, is this your new Joique DB?

Oaf
02-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Fred Jackson, a small college beast (?), picked up by the Bills.

JD
02-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Half of McEntees shots were fake, so this video definitely takes the cake.

DraftBoy
02-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Xavier Omon, a small college beast, picked up by the Bills.
Joique Bell, a small college beast, picked up by the Bills (Sorry for your loss, DB)

Speaking of which... Alex Tanney, is this your new Joique DB?

Not quite, though I do like Alex. Spoke with him and his coach in the pre-season.

And thank you for your condolences.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 08:50 AM
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/21/monmouth-qb-tosses-hit-into-trick-shot-mix/

After seeing what UConn's QB did, D3 star Alex Tanney put together his own video. This kid put up some crazy numbers at the D3 level and had he not been hurt this year would of been in the mix for top small school QB with Pat Devlin.

Thanks for posting that, DB. I was trying to figure out where I knew the name Monmouth, and I finally realized that one of my friends became the dean there recently.

Is there a chance any team takes a flier on Tanney in the 7th round? Or is he only going to be a UDFA? Probably worth bringing in if only for a camp arm.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for posting that, DB. I was trying to figure out where I knew the name Monmouth, and I finally realized that one of my friends became the dean there recently.

Is there a chance any team takes a flier on Tanney in the 7th round? Or is he only going to be a UDFA? Probably worth bringing in if only for a camp arm.

I'm sure if anyone uses a 7th on him it will be the Buffalo Bills. We can line him up in camp next to Brown.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm sure if anyone uses a 7th on him it will be the Buffalo Bills. We can line him up in camp next to Brown.

Because 7th round picks for every other team work out really well?

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 10:40 AM
No but the Bills have a history of over drafting guys from small schools nobody has heard of to "show us how smart they are ".

Only problem is most of them suck ass.

mrbojanglezs
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
copy cats gonna copy

psubills62
02-23-2011, 11:52 AM
No but the Bills have a history of over drafting guys from small schools nobody has heard of to "show us how smart they are ".

Only problem is most of them suck ass.

It's hard to find prospects that could be labeled "overdrafted" in the 7th round.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
It's hard to find prospects that could be labeled "overdrafted" in the 7th round.

What about the 1st, 2nd , and 3rd rds ?

psubills62
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
What about the 1st, 2nd , and 3rd rds ?

What about them? They're completely irrelevant to the question I asked.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 02:50 PM
The latest was our Troy qb last year. Lets take this kid in the 7th this year. They can be tc arms and he could show his tricks during team meals.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 02:56 PM
The latest was our Troy qb last year. Lets take this kid in the 7th this year. They can be tc arms and he could show his tricks during team meals.

I asked DB if he thought Tanney was worth a 7th rounder. Nobody said we should draft him in the 7th. Your shtick really needs something new.

Are you really that uptight about who we draft in the 7th round?

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm uptight about ten years of bad drafting.
If you're gonna throw a flyer in the 7th I'd rather have it from a top conference, not some d-3 qb who has no chance to make the team. Those guys you can sign, if you really think you need them, in fa.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm uptight about ten years of bad drafting.
If you're gonna throw a flyer in the 7th I'd rather have it from a top conference, not some d-3 qb who has no chance to make the team. Those guys you can sign, if you really think you need them, in fa.

Who's to say you couldn't sign the "top conference" guys as UDFA's either? Because everyone wanted Antonio Coleman and David Nelson in the 7th round, that's why they got drafted there, huh?

That's stupid to assume that a guy has no shot at making an NFL roster just because he's not from a preferred conference.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks for proving the point. Take the flier on a SEC player instead of a d-3 kid with no chance.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Thanks for proving the point. Take the flier on a SEC player instead of a d-3 kid with no chance.

Proving what? Why take the flier on the SEC players when you can sign them as UDFA's?

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I didn't know you can sign them all as fa.

I bet you could sign that d-3 kid as a fa though.

mrbojanglezs
02-23-2011, 03:34 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c213/mrbojanglezs/COPYCATS.png

psubills62
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I didn't know you can sign them all as fa.

I bet you could sign that d-3 kid as a fa though.

Probably could. The point of my question was whether or not he's worth a flier in the 7th or if he should only be signed as a UDFA. I already knew what your answer was - you need a new shtick at some point.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Probably could. The point of my question was whether or not he's worth a flier in the 7th or if he should only be signed as a UDFA. I already knew what your answer was - you need a new shtick at some point.

You mean *****ing about the inadequate drafting by the Bills and their hs scouting dept. If so it won't change until they prove they can use a top-10 pick of a whole draft on a player that can actually play. Shouldn't be that difficult since the majority of this board can actually get it right.

And if you need to ask the question then you are not included in the majority.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 05:49 PM
You mean *****ing about the inadequate drafting by the Bills and their hs scouting dept. If so it won't change until they prove they can use a top-10 pick of a whole draft on a player that can actually play. Shouldn't be that difficult since the majority of this board can actually get it right.

And if you need to ask the question then you are not included in the majority.

The majority of this board could get it right? You're dreaming if you think that's true. Could they have gotten some more first rounders right? Probably. The entire draft? No, sorry. Especially late rounders.

Hahaha, I was simply asking DB's opinion. The fact that you seem to think these guys should be ignored simply for not being in D1A tells me all I would need to know about you.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Thinking a d-3 qb whose best skill is tricks is worth a draft pick is enough I have to know.

And since you are so impressed with this scouting dept, please let me know all of their successes the last ten years. Shouldn't take you to long.

psubills62
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Thinking a d-3 qb whose best skill is tricks is worth a draft pick is enough I have to know.

And since you are so impressed with this scouting dept, please let me know all of their successes the last ten years. Shouldn't take you to long.
How would you know what his best skill is?

When did I say anything like that? And who cares at this point? I know all about their draft history. It's been reiterated a hundred times. Congratulations, you can parrot 50 other Bills fans who just like to complain. You certainly are insightful.

DraftBoy
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM

Then you clearly don't know anything about this kid. Tanney was considered the top QB in all of D3 and CBS Sports/NFL Draft Scout had him in the top 25 pre-season of all QB's in the nation prior to his injury.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Let me quess. he's right behind Enderle and Devlin.

I'm looking for a qb who could actually develop and play for the Bills eventually, not a traing camp arm.

DraftBoy
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM

I'm looking for a qb who could actually develop and play for the Bills eventually, not a traing camp arm.

Actually there is debate on that, he's been granted a medical RS for a 5th year but with D3 rules its tricky scholarship wise. He may return, he may not.

Its a little sad you havent been able to move on from something I posted over 6 months ago, rankings change all the time. Look how many people foolishly considered Jake Locker the top QB in this class. You know that thing you told me I was wrong about countless times? Same with Mallett too btw. But do you see me pointing that out at every turn? No, it was rankings they change, they are expected to.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I hope Locker or Mallett falls to them in the 2nd and they take them.

Then we can both be happy.
They fall out of the 1st rd for you and we get a qb we can work with and develop.

DraftBoy
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM

They fall out of the 1st rd for you and we get a qb we can work with and develop.

We can work with and develop any QB, it doesnt mean any of them are guaranteed. I personally hope Locker and Mallett go as high as possible to make as much money as possible.

My happiness is not based on who can arbitrarily guess on where a player is going to go based on infinite factors that are near incalculable given the lack of info we get.

I prefer to be right in the long term, not the short. Which is why my mocks are almost always behind behind like Gosselin's and Mayock's.

Crisis
05-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Bump.

k-oneputt
05-04-2012, 04:14 PM

Since you bumped, I would still take either to back up Fitz and develop. Thank-you.

Michael82
05-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Wow! I saw the highlight videos of this kid on the news and I'm excited. I hope he makes the cut and they at least keep him for training camp. He's very entertaining. They do the corner endzone drill where the QBs throw the ball into the garbage can at camp, I wonder how many times he would make it. Fitz made it 3 out of 20, I think it was at one practice I went to last year.

Syderick
05-05-2012, 04:00 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828e231c/article/uncanny-tanney-youtube-sensation-gets-shot-with-buffalo-bills?module=HP11_headline_stack

acehole
05-06-2012, 07:04 AM

How are you so sure he isn't it?

Extremebillsfan247
05-06-2012, 08:10 AM

And since you are so impressed with this scouting dept, please let me know all of their successes the last ten years. Shouldn't take you to long. He wasn't invited to Bills TC because of a youtube video. The Bills were not the only team interested in him either. He also got invited by Pittsburgh. He chose Buffalo. He holds the NCAA division III passing yards record with 14,249 yards. He also holds an NCAA record with 157 TD passes. Sure, that production happened in division III, but it was good enough to get him noticed, and invited to multiple TC's. Only time will tell if he is good enough to make it on a roster. But it's a tryout. The Bills lose nothing by giving him a shot to prove himself. I don't understand the problem with it. JMO