PDA

View Full Version : Donte's Inferno

Beebe's Kid
02-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Looks like the old boy is losing his cool a little bit...

LINK (http://twitter.com/#%21/dontewhitner)

This is absolutely frightening the way he is handling this mentally. I have been a supporter of DW in the past, but I can say that his mental state appears to be fragile, at best.

Beebe's Kid
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Pat you should get in his ass a little bit, and write an article about it, and make sure to include the fact that he wouldn't fight you.

Jaybird
02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
what did he write? link isn't showing anything

Joe Fo Sho
02-21-2011, 07:42 PM
"Page doesn't exist"

Slim
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
/lame.

Joe Fo Sho
02-21-2011, 07:45 PM
http://twitter.com/dontewhitner

tcb5033
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Wow this guy is out of his mind. He's the defensive equivalent to Vince Young. He's so caught up in what other people think of him, it makes him go insane. Probably explains his lack of impact on the field. Per his tweet saying he is actively looking for housing in Dallas....i hope the cowboys sign his a$$, i love watching them suffer.

Mr. Miyagi
02-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Dallas does need a guy who can tackle a downed player.

mrbojanglezs
02-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Pat you should get in his ass a little bit, and write an article about it, and make sure to include the fact that he wouldn't fight you.

:hump: :roflmao: :brown: :lolhit: :hump:

elltrain22
02-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Donte is the emotional equivalent of a 13 yr old little girl

Novacane
02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
He's a mental case.

Extremebillsfan247
02-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Looks like the old boy is losing his cool a little bit...

LINK (http://twitter.com/#%21/DonteWhitner)

This is absolutely frightening the way he is handling this mentally. I have been a supporter of DW in the past, but I can say that his mental state appears to be fragile, at best. Who is the bigger fool, the fool himself, or the one following him? just something to think about. lol

paranoid
02-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Great thread title!

Extremebillsfan247
02-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Great thread title!Yeah, sounds like an add for http://www.tulumba.com/mmTULUMBA/Images/305732883304_250.jpg:roflmao:

Figster
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
You guys do realize he's retweeting articles right? (and the names of them)

tcb5033
02-21-2011, 09:35 PM

Obviously. Its not THAT he's retweeting articles...its WHAT articles he is retweeting. He's just a huge gossip queen and should be on the View shedding tears instead of in the NFL.

Extremebillsfan247
02-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Obviously. Its not THAT he's retweeting articles...its WHAT articles he is retweeting. He's just a huge gossip queen and should be on the View shedding tears instead of in the NFL.Hypothetically speaking, you could make that case for most people who circulate message boards. lol

THE END OF ALL DAYS
02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
tweeting = gay
following tweeting = mega gay

Tatonka
02-21-2011, 10:31 PM
can someone tell me what the **** your talking about? i looked at that **** and didnt see anything worth looking at. twitter is gay as ****.

Philagape
02-21-2011, 10:43 PM
I've been pretty good about catching up to most of the latest tech trends, even if a few years behind.

But I will never, EVER use Twitter.

BertSquirtgum
02-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey Donte. **** You

djjimkelly
02-21-2011, 11:51 PM
twitter is ridiculously gay

but what donte whitner is doing to me is professional suicide

i would never sign this guy based on what a child he is

i was in his corner till this childish crap

hydro
02-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Twitter haters = "I can't read or understand it so it's stupid"

The Spaz
02-22-2011, 07:28 AM

We have a winner!

malvado78
02-22-2011, 08:23 AM

Wrong. Twatting is gay so I don't want to read it or understand it.

Nice try...

:monkeyp:

Beebe's Kid
02-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Who is the bigger fool, the fool himself, or the one following him? just something to think about. lol

LOL, brah. Actually I saw something about him on another message board, the thread was about an earlier "tweet," and when I clicked on it, there was a flurry of "retweets" of articles concerning the Bills and Safety shopping all over his account.

Thought that would be interesting to Bills fans, as the guy was our starting Safety, and the haters love to hate.

Just something to think about. "lol"

Beebe's Kid
02-22-2011, 09:20 AM

Whatever, dude...it's gay.

I don't like Twitter, personally, but to say it's "gay" and comment on every story that mentions it about how you don't "get it," or hate it, or how dumb it is, looks funny to the rest of the world.

It's kind of like the old guy that "doesn't trust computers." It's just one of the next phases of communication. Here's a secret...it has kind of caught on.

I don't tweet, and I think it certainly contributes to our society's "dumbing down" of everything, but it is used by damn near every news outlet in the world, and if you want to know the latest, that's a good place to get a jump.

Or not, and you can sound like the guy that "ain't gonna get a cell phone," or "nope...don't use electronic mail," guy.

Pinkerton Security
02-22-2011, 09:23 AM

if he was actually confident in his abilities and confident in himself as a person he would NOT be posting every single article related to safeties possibly coming to the Bills...he would be working out and making himself a better player.

I was always a Whitner apologist and still think he is a solid player, but I'm very ready to move on and his Twitter BS has made me turn against him...he's just not very likable.

Pinkerton Security
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM

so I'm an IT professional and 'cant understand it'...right. What I dont understand is....I do not care what other people are doing every second of the day, ESPECIALLY people I dont even know...I can see following your friends but following the posts that celebrities post is just stupid to me. I have my own life. I dont hate on people who like Twitter, but I prefer to live my own life instead of living vicariously through celebrities.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
i have a twitter account and follow bill maher and that's it. i seriously just don't get the lingo. i feel like facebook is more straightforward.

the @ and the RT and all that isn't interesting enough for me to want to keep up. it's like the DOS to social networking and facebook is windows.

That being said, i can't see the twitter page cause i'm at work.

I take all this as good news. he won't eb back. hopefully sanderes isn't their solution, but a fair contract to wilson and a safety to fill in for a season with the team's rush and run support being upgraded will do us some real good.

jlruss90
02-22-2011, 09:29 AM
i love twitter for late breaking news.....knew about the melo trade around 10 mins before espn reported it. It depends how you want to use twitter, i dont follow alot of celebs but rather news and media companies to get the latest news.

hydro
02-22-2011, 09:32 AM
so I'm an IT professional and 'cant understand it'...right. What I dont understand is....I do not care what other people are doing every second of the day, ESPECIALLY people I dont even know...I can see following your friends but following the posts that celebrities post is just stupid to me. I have my own life. I dont hate on people who like Twitter, but I prefer to live my own life instead of living vicariously through celebrities.

I said the same thing when Twitter first came out. Then I started using it and following people who are hilarious and others that are quick to post breaking news. Then I was hooked. I don't live vicariously through each person I follow, that is all on you if it gets to that point. It is entertainment for me, plain and simple.

OpIv37
02-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Whatever, dude...it's gay.

I don't like Twitter, personally, but to say it's "gay" and comment on every story that mentions it about how you don't "get it," or hate it, or how dumb it is, looks funny to the rest of the world.

It's kind of like the old guy that "doesn't trust computers." It's just one of the next phases of communication. Here's a secret...it has kind of caught on.

I don't tweet, and I think it certainly contributes to our society's "dumbing down" of everything, but it is used by damn near every news outlet in the world, and if you want to know the latest, that's a good place to get a jump.

Or not, and you can sound like the guy that "ain't gonna get a
cell phone," or "nope...don't use electronic mail," guy.
It's not about that. It's about all the drama and nonsense it causes. Without Twitter, we wouldnt even be discussing this right now because we wouldn't know.

Sure, I suppose there is some value to Twitter because it helps people stay up to date, but the unintended consequences include this kind of BS. As I've said before, twitter does not make one stupid. It just makes one's stupidity more accessible to others.

Extremebillsfan247
02-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Twitter is a bad platform if your only purpose for being on it is to get followers. Myspace has been there and done that. Probably the little known secret about twitter that escapes the grasp of the average twitter user is that its a great information gathering tool. It connects you to people who you normally wouldn't associate with in the real world. Even if you never type one sentence in twitter, knowing who to follow for information is key in my opinion and how twitter should be used.

Beebe's Kid
02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
It's not about that. It's about all the drama and nonsense it causes. Without Twitter, we wouldnt even be discussing this right now because we wouldn't know.

Sure, I suppose there is some value to Twitter because it helps people stay up to date, but the unintended consequences include this kind of BS. As I've said before, twitter does not make one stupid. It just makes one's stupidity more accessible to others.

Oh, 100%, it is ****ing asinine.

Whitner's breakdown has to have you all tingly, like the first hill on a roller coaster, eh, ol' sport?

Again, I don't like Twitter...I don't deny it, but I don't like it.

OpIv37
02-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Oh, 100%, it is ****ing asinine.

Whitner's breakdown has to have you all tingly, like the first hill on a roller coaster, eh, ol' sport?

Again, I don't like Twitter...I don't deny it, but I don't like it.
Whitner is a microcosm for a lot of the problems with this team. If Nix and Gailey are serious, I'm looking for as many breaks with the past as possible, and Whitner is a great start.

The only good thing about his tweets is that his public douchiness probably helped decrease the chances of the Bills re-signing him.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 01:14 PM
whitner is like the significant other who whines the second they don't get their way. and once you break up and realize how nice it's to be single and not weighed down by the nonsense, you are much happier.

Whitner leaving will be on par with getting Pegula as an owner. There, i said it.

Extremebillsfan247
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
It's just funny to me that now players are going to be judged as much about what they tweet as what they do on the field. Who's next to receive such high levels of scrutiny and hostility from our so called passionate fan base once Whitner is gone? Stevie Johnson? CJ Spiller?

psubills62
02-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Strange that I've seen the word "microcosm" used a lot more ever since the Super Bowl.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 01:44 PM
bills will cut whitner before our draft, right? we can't have him mingling with our high draft pick and whitner-izing him. the number 3 pick has to be able to stand on his own two feet.

psubills62
02-22-2011, 02:01 PM
bills will cut whitner before our draft, right? we can't have him mingling with our high draft pick and whitner-izing him. the number 3 pick has to be able to stand on his own two feet.

He's a free agent.

ServoBillieves
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
"It's about MONEY its bigger than me"

****ing loser...

SABURZFAN
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Whitner's a pussy. Moran should smoke a cigarette and kick his ass.

OpIv37
02-23-2011, 07:53 AM
It's just funny to me that now players are going to be judged as much about what they tweet as what they do on the field. Who's next to receive such high levels of scrutiny and hostility from our so called passionate fan base once Whitner is gone? Stevie Johnson? CJ Spiller?

First, have you not been watching Whitner on the field the last 5 years or so?

The guy's as average as they come. He gets maybe 2 big hits a year but somehow maintains this mystique as a "hard hitter." He rarely gets his hands on the ball. He misses tackles in the hole in the running game and takes bad angles on long runs. He has a bad habit of flying in and turning his back to the play after one of his teammates has already made the tackle.

Whitner got plenty of criticism for his play during the season. The reason he is being criticized for his tweets now is because a) he is not currently playing in any games so there is nothing to critique and b) his tweets are ****ing stupid.

Second, his tweets are ****ing stupid. They are an embarrassment to himself and sometimes to the organization as a whole. So of course people are going to criticize them. If Donte doesn't want his thoughts criticized, then he shouldn't post them in a public forum that anyone with Internet access can read.

As far as who will have this level of animosity after Whitner is gone, it depends on who wants to be mediocre on the field while being a loudmouth off of it. Spiller is pretty close- he's got the "mediocre on the field" part down. Stevie is also close- while he mostly performed on the field, he does have a way of being a loudmouth off of it.

Anyone who doesn't perform well on the field and draws negative attention to themselves and the organization off of it deserves scrutiny and hostility from the fan base. But I don't expect you to understand- you're one of those people who think being a "fan" means automatically liking and respecting everyone affiliated with the organization, even those who keep us from winning and don't earn our respect.

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Why does everyone make a big fuss over Whitner ? The guy sure gets a lot of attention for being an average safety. He is actually meaningless imo. You won't even notice him missing next year on the field.
You will notice him not shooting off his big mouth though. I really can't believe his agent or handlers don't tell him to shut down the twitter bs., they must be as dumb as he is. He's only costing himself $$$ with his next contract.