PDA

View Full Version : Merry Pegula Day!!!!!!!!!!

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 06:29 AM
This could be the best thing to EVER happen to the City of Buffalo!!!!!

Rep for all

hydro
02-22-2011, 06:35 AM
:dance3:

Will be locked into WGR550 all day!

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 06:35 AM
I'm getting excited....I don't care what Eb says.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
:up:

Dude
02-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Ready to go! I put up my tree last night. :up:

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Hope and change!

Change and hope!

OpIv37
02-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Like I said before, I'm cautiously optimistic.

This could be a day that we soon forget because it's just another meaningless milestone in maintaining the status quo. Or it could be the day everything changes.

For now, though, I'm excited that we even have the possibility of a new beginning. I even wore my Sabres polo today, despite the fact that it will inevitably get me crap from bandwagon Caps fans who accidentally watched the game on Sunday afternoon because they forgot football season was over.

rbochan
02-22-2011, 07:50 AM
It's also the anniversary of Miracle On Ice, and Pat LaFontaine's birthday.

Dude
02-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Everything is going according to plan ...

Jan Reimers
02-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Things HAVE to get better. I am really looking forward to INTERESTED ownership.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 08:40 AM
show me a draft deadline move or show darcy the door. Those are the two things that could get me excited as we watch the sabres season sink deep into the playoff-less ocean.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I'm getting excited....I don't care what Eb says.
I'm excited. Just looks to me that people are over excited.

hydro
02-22-2011, 09:18 AM
I'm excited. Just looks to me that people are over excited.

So what? This is something to be excited about. The only thing that bothers me is people who set expectations for him and will be disappointed when they don't happen.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 09:23 AM
So what? This is something to be excited about. The only thing that bothers me is people who set expectations for him and will be disappointed when they don't happen.
That's all I've said. That's all Lecter's said. Why am I taking knocks for it?

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
How long is he owner and he delivers no Cup before we call this a loss? 3 years? 5 years? I feel a poll coming on.

hydro
02-22-2011, 09:28 AM

Because you posted and I replied? :idunno:

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 09:34 AM
Because you posted and I replied? :idunno:
I didn't say the knocks were coming from you.

Michael82
02-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm excited. I got the WGR app on my droid and am listening all morning.

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2011, 09:50 AM

Can you explain "overexcited"?

TMu11
02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Whether it works out or not, I feel the Sabres as an organization are better off today, than they were yesterday

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Can you explain "overexcited"?
Do you not read the posts here or listen to the radio?

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:04 AM
What the **** is Bettman do doing at the PC? **** him

Great background though

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Hey, stop ruining Pegula Day. Listen to the presser instead.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Kim Pegula - BANG!!!

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:12 AM
I want to have Pegula's babies.

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:13 AM
OMG. I love this guy.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:14 AM
This guy might a Cup worse than we do.

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Tearing up because Perrault is in the room.

Awesome.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
I got goose bumps

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Holy ****.

SabreEleven
Starting Today.............

Ebenezer
I got goose bumps
Do you need a cold shower, too?

Ebenezer
I remember the same playoff loses.

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Is this really happening? Too good to be true.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Do you need a cold shower, too?

No, I'll just jerk off to pictures of Terry Pegula

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
I love this guy!
It is like one of us bought the team!!!!

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
:bf1:

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:21 AM
Lindy stays!!!

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Is this really happening? Too good to be true.
I agree

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
"Buffalo is hockey heaven"

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I hear all the people whining about Reiger staying....

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I hear all the people whining about Reiger staying....
I thought I felt a collective groan in the community.

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:29 AM
It's not like he was going to fire Darcy at the presser.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Doesn't bother me. He will be given the opportunity to make it happen with no budget. If he doesn't produce he will be gone.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:30 AM
This is really too good to be true.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Doesn't bother me. He will be given the opportunity to make it happen with no budget. If he doesn't produce he will be gone.
He could still be gone at the end of the year.

tatersalad
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Great day in Buffalo sports History

Michael82
02-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm in love! Terry Pegula is one of us and now in charge of the team. :drool:

Pegula is God! :dance3:

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Great day in Buffalo sports History

Greatest?

Ebenezer
Well, he's given the fans the roadmap to his destruction. He doesn't intend to make money off the team...let the cash flow!

Novacane
Greatest?

No.

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:35 AM
He had me at hello.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:36 AM
He had me at hello.
He had me at not being in to make money.

Michael82
02-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Every word that comes out of his mouth makes me love him even more.... :drool:

"I want to run this team to win a Stanley Cup. Whatever it takes. If I want to make money, I'll drill a gas well. I don't need to make it in the hockey business." - Terry Pegula

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Actually, I would have been ok with him buying the Bisons, too. LOL.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 10:41 AM
He had me at "The Buffalo Sabres exist to win a Stanley Cup"

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
He is saying all of the right things, that is for sure.

I will wait to see his actions, but this is a good start.

It is a good start to be working on the little things like making the player conditions much improved.

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
He had me at "The Buffalo Sabres exist to win a Stanley Cup"
Hs he replaced Timmy in your heart?

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:43 AM
He seems more comfortable with talking about the other teams and how they are doing. Tells me he keeps up on the league as a whole - that will be a huge improvement over TG.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Ted Black hit the nail on the head - how do we get this to be the place where players want to come. Might be the most important thing said today.

Dude
02-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Put an owner who is a hockey fan and who wants to win above all else in a hockey hotbed like Buffalo ... it's shaping up to be a really good situation.

Michael82
02-22-2011, 10:49 AM
So, is pat moran going to get to ask a question? :D

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 10:50 AM
So, is pat moran going to get to ask a question? :D
He would probably focus on Whitner in the question.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Wants to keep "statistically good players" but "also winners".

Bufftp
02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Well sorry Eb and Lecter but I'm suffering from irrational exuberance!

hydro
02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I have a feeling I will be watching that presser more than once. I am sad it is over.

JD
02-22-2011, 11:13 AM
Wants to keep "statistically good players" but "also winners".
I believe he mentioned "gritty players" in there as well...

See ya Connolly, Neids, Roy, Poms TRADE TRADE TRADE!

A player a day!

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Tearing up because Perrault is in the room.

Awesome.

I almost started tearing up myself. How awesome is it that the guy who now owns the team is so emotional about owning it?

I can't believe nobody asked if he would be willing to buy out a player if they turn out to not be a help to the team.

JD
02-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I have a feeling I will be watching that presser more than once. I am sad it is over.
If you're able to.. could you get it to a disc? Apparently my box was full so it didn't record! :shelby:

Michael82
02-22-2011, 11:19 AM
WGR just brought up the fact that he set a certain date to get the ownership approved by and he thanked Bettman and the NHL for getting it done so quickly. The date has to be the deadline. I'm telling you right now. There will be not 1, but several players traded by the deadline, IMO.

hydro
02-22-2011, 11:20 AM
If you're able to.. could you get it to a disc? Apparently my box was full so it didn't record! :shelby:

I think it will be in the archives on sabres.com. Could be wrong though.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Is there video of this press conference.

hydro
02-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Is there video of this press conference.

I watched the whole thing on sabres.com. Hopefully they will post it up for everyone to see.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 11:28 AM
wow, you guys really felt it. i didn't. i was a little disappointed in his presser. Yes, the darcy thing bummed me out big time. He didn't really have that much excitement.

I couldn't tell if his, " I don't know what we have in the mill" answer to the trade question was evasive new owner speak or him really having no idea.

I couldn't believe no one in the room asked about the do not trade list. He isn't going to say who is on it, but it would have been a good way to get him to talk about how much change he thinks is necessary.

JD
02-22-2011, 11:31 AM
WGR just brought up the fact that he set a certain date to get the ownership approved by and he thanked Bettman and the NHL for getting it done so quickly. The date has to be the deadline. I'm telling you right now. There will be not 1, but several players traded by the deadline, IMO.

Amen. That is the first thing he touched upon so I guarantee he meant before the deadline.

I'm unbelievably stoked.

Now, I'm pissed there's a waiting list for Sabres tickets.

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
wow, you guys really felt it. i didn't. i was a little disappointed in his presser. Yes, the darcy thing bummed me out big time. He didn't really have that much excitement.

I couldn't tell if his, " I don't know what we have in the mill" answer to the trade question was evasive new owner speak or him really having no idea.

I couldn't believe no one in the room asked about the do not trade list. He isn't going to say who is on it, but it would have been a good way to get him to talk about how much change he thinks is necessary.

You didn't feel it? Especially with almost breaking down looking at the former Sabres?

yeah, that is another question I can't believe wasn't asked.

JD
02-22-2011, 11:41 AM

I don't know how you didn't feel it...

A Sabres fan, who is a billionaire, owns your hockey team.

He wants to win cups.

He says there are no financial strings.

"The chains are off"

Pegula and Black want to make Buffalo a top destination for hockey players, and it starts today.

I think you just despise Regier THAT much that you blacked out the rest of the presser.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 11:41 AM
the intro of his family, his long measured pace at speaking and then the tears because a player was in the room? It seemed like i was on a bad blind date at first. I was listening to it on WGR streaming, so it is possible that i just didn't have the visual to go along with it.

i thought his question and answer was very short, but not very sweet. part of that may be hesitation to revealing too much.

I really wanted to get to know his fandom through the last couple weeks and he wouldn't bite.

The best thing i got out of it is that the long term plan is to make buffalo a place players want to come and i got the sense that this is coming in the way of transactions during the summer more than right now.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM

You must have missed the statement about the Buffalo Sabres existing for the sole purposes of winning the Stanley Cup.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
WGR said that they'll have the PC in their vault.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I think you just despise Regier THAT much that you blacked out the rest of the presser.

This could be true. but some of it also is that talk is cheap. Maybe not in his case cause it cost him $189MM to talk today. but my point is valid. We've heard new coaches, GMs, presidents for the Bills and sabres say they'll get it done, and nothing happens.

His announcement of his starting 5 (Sawyer, Black,Dipofi, Darcy, Ruff) was uninspired. It struck me that he was fulfilling a goal by owning the sabres moreso than having some concrete changes he wanted to make.

Like if i had his finances, perhaps, i would have been more forthcoming with vague statements like, "hey, i watch these games, i get what i think isn't working. in the next couple days, we are going to address some of those problems. it's not going to be easy for some people to adapt to these changes, but i got my vision, and i want a cup or two and i'd rather go down swinging on what i think that works than sitting still listening to strategies that i've watched failed."

That's totally PC, doesn't throw anyone under the bus and gets the fan into a, "it's happening, and it's happening now" mode.

He came off to me just totally happy that he bought it and that he really doesn't know what the first step is.

I don't know the guy from a hole in the ground, so perhaps he's just a great poker player.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 11:46 AM
My GOD TRAP STOP RAINING ON OUR PARADE!!! GIVE THE GUY A DAY FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2011, 11:47 AM
WGR said that they'll have the PC in their vault.

seems as if Sabres.com has the press conference at their site, with video

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Like if i had his finances, perhaps, i would have been more forthcoming with vague statements like, "hey, i watch these games, i get what i think isn't working. in the next couple days, we are going to address some of those problems. it's not going to be easy for some people to adapt to these changes, but i got my vision, and i want a cup or two and i'd rather go down swinging on what i think that works than sitting still listening to strategies that i've watched failed."

That's totally PC, doesn't throw anyone under the bus and gets the fan into a, "it's happening, and it's happening now" mode.

He came off to me just totally happy that he bought it and that he really doesn't know what the first step is.

I don't know the guy from a hole in the ground, so perhaps he's just a great poker player.Yeah saying that there are no financial limits to scouting and player development going forward wasnt very forthcoming! :shakeno:

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I think he probably is very uncomfortable speaking at a press conference.

He did say that there will be no more financial constraints on the team and that he isn't purchasing a hockey team to make money. If he wanted to make money, he would drill a gas well.

At the end of the day, it will be a "we'll see", but I am encouraged.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
ok. I'll give you til the 28th to show us that the talk is getting backed up a little. the team needs to get rid of some of the crap for picks. I don't need a superstar to come through here, but the players who clearly not going to be of use to us next year needs to bring in picks or young talent.

If we do nothing through the 28th, the only thing that changed was the name at the bottom of the checks.

hydro
02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I really hope you are just playing devils advocate Trap because you are really showing a hard headed viewpoint. Just because you had elevated expectations doesn't mean the press conference was a bust. I actually thought he let more out than what everyone expected.

Dude
02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I'd rather have an owner who is a little reserved but driven to bring championships to Buffalo than one who loves to hear himself talk.

Michael82
02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
the intro of his family, his long measured pace at speaking and then the tears because a player was in the room? It seemed like i was on a bad blind date at first. I was listening to it on WGR streaming, so it is possible that i just didn't have the visual to go along with it.

i thought his question and answer was very short, but not very sweet. part of that may be hesitation to revealing too much.

I really wanted to get to know his fandom through the last couple weeks and he wouldn't bite.

The best thing i got out of it is that the long term plan is to make buffalo a place players want to come and i got the sense that this is coming in the way of transactions during the summer more than right now.
That makes sense. I watched it on the Sabres website and you could see and feel his passion for the Buffalo Sabres.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Trap, you are just a negative person in general. I had some respect for you for coming in here talking the truth when no one wanted to listen but now we have a genuine owner in place and you can't even saying something positive. The dude was crying because he met Gilbert Perreault and told him that Gilbert was his hero. You have no soul. did you expect him to come in announcing trades and firing's?

JD
02-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Trap, you are just a negative person in general. I had some respect for you for coming in here talking the truth when no one wanted to listen but now we have a genuine owner in place and you can't even saying something positive. The dude was crying because he met Gilbert Perreault and told him that Gilbert was his hero. You have no soul. did you expect him to come in announcing trades and firing's?
I love you.:cp:

JD
02-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Hell, I think even Op will come in here to chime in something positive. Reading Traps comments you'd think Pegula said there's a possibility we'd move in the next few years.

Jan Reimers
02-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Pegula handled it perfectly. No matter what his ultimate plans are, he's not going to fire Lindy and Darcy immediately, or in public. Instead, he talked about positives like his love for the team, and lifting financial limits on scouting and player development.

He couldn't have presented himself better.

bf1
02-22-2011, 12:23 PM
I think all of you are setting yourselves up for a huge letdown.

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I really don't think so Matthew. I am not going to sit here and guarantee a Cup, but I will guarantee this guy will do his best to make it happen. That is all I ask.

bf1
02-22-2011, 12:26 PM
LETS GO ISLANDERS! {CLAP CLAP} {CLAP}{CLAP}{CLAP}

THATHURMANATOR
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I guess..... They do have some nice young players.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 12:30 PM

Go here

http://islanders.nhl.com/?navid=nav-teamnav-nyi

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 12:31 PM
negative guy? all i said is that it's a lot of talk to feel like he's a savior. I'm rooting for success here. I think my disappointment is that there wasn't much of a plan set out. We didn't really get a sense of his thoughts on the current roster. I'll give him the pass that he can't tip his hand.

you guys heard the PR stuff and are running with it. I heard the PR stuff and said, "ok, now show us."

i'm not saying thsi guy isn't 1000x better than golisano and quinn. i'm saying,so far there aren't many comments to address this season. They seem to have a long term view, which is good. Unfairly, the sabres are the only buffalo team that has a shot at the playoffs for the last 10 years and had a couple entertaining runs in there. So as a result, even with them on the cusp of the 8th seed, i'd love to see them in the playoffs because playoff hockey is so glorious. At t he same time, if they said, this needs to be gutted, sorry, you aren't getting playoffs this year. I'd be fine with that. but i don't think we are any closer at knowing what the immediate goal of the sabres are.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 12:38 PM

I think the rest of the NHL is scared.

hydro
02-22-2011, 12:45 PM
negative guy? all i said is that it's a lot of talk to feel like he's a savior. I'm rooting for success here. I think my disappointment is that there wasn't much of a plan set out. We didn't really get a sense of his thoughts on the current roster. I'll give him the pass that he can't tip his hand.

you guys heard the PR stuff and are running with it. I heard the PR stuff and said, "ok, now show us."

i'm not saying thsi guy isn't 1000x better than golisano and quinn. i'm saying,so far there aren't many comments to address this season. They seem to have a long term view, which is good. Unfairly, the sabres are the only buffalo team that has a shot at the playoffs for the last 10 years and had a couple entertaining runs in there. So as a result, even with them on the cusp of the 8th seed, i'd love to see them in the playoffs because playoff hockey is so glorious. At t he same time, if they said, this needs to be gutted, sorry, you aren't getting playoffs this year. I'd be fine with that. but i don't think we are any closer at knowing what the immediate goal of the sabres are.

Your expectations for this PC was just too high. You wanted him to tell us everything thing he was thinking and planning on doing. That was NEVER going to happen. What is he going to say? There are players here I don't like? Or I don't like the looks of this roster. With the players sitting right in front of HIM?

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Your expectations for this PC was just too high. You wanted him to tell us everything thing he was thinking and planning on doing. That was NEVER going to happen. What is he going to say? There are players here I don't like? Or I don't like the looks of this roster. With the players sitting right in front of HIM?

He would have shot himself in the foot before he left the gate.

Jan Reimers
02-22-2011, 12:48 PM
If you are truly an Islander fan, I can see why you might say this.

But any Sabre fan who isn't excited by an owner who is passionate about the Sabres and committed to winning (not to mention very rich), just can't get excited about anything.

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I thought I was negative.

Trap - he probably is not sure of his first step. He is not getting 12 new players on day one.

Be a little realistic.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 12:51 PM
These are the very things I have been saying but reading some comments here, people on the radio and folks at a game last week you'd be surprised what some of the expectations were/are. You still have folks who think they are going to move half the roster before the deadline. That's not realistic. It could happen but not realistic.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Trap - he probably is not sure of his first step. He is not getting 12 new players on day one.

Be a little realistic.
The thing I really liked is that he was more comfortable talking about the other teams of the league and how they are playing. He's up on what goes on at the ice level. I'm also more positive about Ted Black than most of what he said. Black had the most important line of the day. They are intent on making this a team where players want to play. I think they did their homework and found out just how the previous owners bungled the player relation thing. That makes everybody's job harder when FAs don't want to come here and players don't want to stay here. People want to see them trade/cut/release a bunch of zeros. That's not going to turn this team into a winner any time soon. Improving the perception of the team and making players want to be here is much more important.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Be a little realistic.

Not going to thank you, Not going to thank you, Not going to thank you,

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 12:57 PM

Be a little realistic.

I am being realistic though. i said a simple comment on i think we are underperforming and looking to add players who can win would have been enough.

i know there aren't 12 new people coming in. The question on the sabres being sellers or buyers is the most even in years. The sabres could go either way and i'd be happy. missing the boat again and doing nothing would drive me crazy.

he also seems to want to be in stanley cup contention in 3 years or so, so how does that happen?

all that being said, i'll concede to what you guys are saying. it's a huge improvement to have him and i hope that his vision of sawyer, black, dipofi, reiger and ruff is the right team.

I did come away from thinking that Ted Black is a very energetic guy that really will be what Larry quinn should have been. He seems like a guy who will let the hockey people do hockey adn he'll make sure the engine is running smooth. he impressed me in his short blurbs.

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Not going to thank you, Not going to thank you, Not going to thank you,
You know you want to.....

Dr. Lecter
02-22-2011, 01:02 PM
I am being realistic though. i said a simple comment on i think we are underperforming and looking to add players who can win would have been enough.

i know there aren't 12 new people coming in. The question on the sabres being sellers or buyers is the most even in years. The sabres could go either way and i'd be happy. missing the boat again and doing nothing would drive me crazy.

he also seems to want to be in stanley cup contention in 3 years or so, so how does that happen?

all that being said, i'll concede to what you guys are saying. it's a huge improvement to have him and i hope that his vision of sawyer, black, dipofi, reiger and ruff is the right team.

I did come away from thinking that Ted Black is a very energetic guy that really will be what Larry quinn should have been. He seems like a guy who will let the hockey people do hockey adn he'll make sure the engine is running smooth. he impressed me in his short blurbs.

The problem with that is that the players he knocks are still on the team. A new owner comes in and starts to bash his current roster? What will that do? Will that make players want to come to town? Or guys like Myers want to stay?

Why would he give all of his details to winning in three years?

I am cautious as well - in fact Eb and I have been knocked about it. But I also think that this PC was about as positive as it could be.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Today is a day to be a fan, not a critic

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 01:05 PM

I think the addition of Black was the best thing that came out of the presser. In fact TP turned to him a couple of times to answer hockey related questions re: front office stuff.

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 01:08 PM
The problem with that is that the players he knocks are still on the team. A new owner comes in and starts to bash his current roster? What will that do? Will that make players want to come to town? Or guys like Myers want to stay?

I am cautious as well - in fact Eb and I have been knocked about it. But I also think that this PC was about as positive as it could be.
I am actually glad he didn't address the roster, the coach or GM. The pure destruction of this teams reputation from losing Briere, Drury and Campbell did more to hurt the future of the franchise than anything. Vanek was not force signed because of the fans. They HAD to do something to assure the players that they intended on fielding a real NHL roster. TP's comments, almost initial comments, spoke of the behind the scenes stuff - that was greater than anything else he had to say regarding the hockey operations.

trapezeus
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM

Have you gone through an organizational change before? The new guys say the right things, but point you to where they see the upcoming changes, and then they cut the pieces they don't want quickly so as to not ruin morale.

i don't think it'd be that difficult for an owner to say, "i spoke with the team, they aren't where they want to be, and i intend to help them."

but as i read other people's comments, i agree now isn't the time to criticize. i read a blog of how awesome the press conference went and i got his excitement and how he interpretted something things that i either missed or didn't read deeply enough into.

I just want the team to come out pumped up against the thrashers tomorrow. and i want to see connolly shipped out for just one draft pick. anything.

Philagape
02-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Today is a day to be a fan, not a critic

One can be both.

G Wolly
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
One can be both.

As a matter of fact, I don't think you can truly be a fan without being a critic.

chernobylwraiths
02-22-2011, 03:09 PM

I don't know what you expected, but this is not Steinbrenner here. Most people aren't going to buy a team and rip all the players and coaches. Some reporters are saying that he is keeping Darcy, but isn't assuring anything after this year. Only Lindy got that treatment of trying to resign him. Darcy is already under contract, so he can evaluate more by the end of the season.

PTI
02-22-2011, 04:22 PM
“Starting today,” Pegula said, “the Buffalo Sabres’ reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup.”

Says there will be no financial mandates!!!

GO SABRES!!! LOVE IT!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Ag6n1zlWGkeefBQwQx6rSyk5nYcB?slug=ap-sabres-pegula

New Sabres owner keeping Ruff, opening wallet

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—If there were any doubts that Terry Pegula was as big a Sabres fan as he says he is, they were erased when Pegula choked up at the sight of Sabres great Gilbert Perreault in attendance at Pegula’s first news conference as the team’s new owner.
If there were doubts about Pegula’s commitment to bringing a championship to Buffalo, he took care of them, too, by promising all but a blank check to general manager Darcy Regier.
“Starting today, there will be no financial mandates on the Buffalo Sabres (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/buf/) hockey department,” the Pennsylvania natural gas billionaire said Tuesday at HSBC Arena, with the players he inherits sitting to his left and the ones he spent years watching—Perreault, Larry Playfair and others—at his right.

more ...

Philagape
02-22-2011, 04:36 PM
WOW!!!!

I can save $1 on Betty Crocker Loaded Potatoes!!

SkateZilla
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
where's my blank check ...

Pegula, Sign Me, I'll gladly take whatever you give me to give this team a verbal ass whooping on a shift by shift basis.

G Wolly
02-22-2011, 05:23 PM
WOW!!!!

I can save $1 on Betty Crocker Loaded Potatoes!!

:lolabove: :roflmao: :lmao: :lol:

SkateZilla
02-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Really....

http://www.facebook.com/PegulaDay?ref=ts&sk=wall

SkateZilla
02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Sounds Like the Ownership change from Major League II

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 07:17 PM
There was an owner ship change today? Really?

JD
02-22-2011, 07:36 PM
You guys are *******s, the guy has been here for a little over a month :rofl:

PTI :console:

JD
02-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Btw, has there really been 40,000+ members after I registered here? You're welcome BZ!!

JD
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Really....

:rofl: :lmao: :roflmao:

Ebenezer
02-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Really....

Half those sayings come from Dos Equis commercials.

JD
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM
Half those sayings come from Dos Equis commercials.

:clap:
Good job Eb!

I think that was the point, to compare him to the most interesting man in the world.

SabreEleven
02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
There is like a 6 page thread on the subject...was a new one necessary?

PTI
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
There is like a 6 page thread on the subject...was a new one necessary?

I saw the other one, just thought this was a chance to start a new one since he gave his press today.

DrGraves
02-22-2011, 11:21 PM
be nice children.

Dude
02-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Merged.

SabreEleven
02-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Terry Pegula is one fertal turtle...6 six kids and his wife still looks great.

SabreEleven
02-23-2011, 08:19 AM
This was on FB.

THATHURMANATOR
02-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Terry Pegula is one fertal turtle...6 six kids and his wife still looks great.
Well it is obvious she is an upgraded wife. His one son can't be much younger than his wife.