• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

I Got All Emotional This Morning

I haven't been watching any games kinda out of touch right now. But I got up and put on wgr and am listening. I need peeps to pinch me. Did the new owner of the Sabres come out and say he was going to buy a championship for Buffalo?
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: I Got All Emotional This Morning

It isn't a dream man!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

well, nothing is guaranteed.

But he did say he was going to try to buy a championship, which is a hell of a lot better than any previous Sabres or current Bills owner has ever attempted.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

The rigas were trying to steal us championship, but then found it more enjoyable to steal for themselves. Golisano pretty much confirmed that he no interest other than saving the team and raising funds. and now T-Pegs is all about making it a better place for players.

that is a long term goal, but a very important one. For the last 10 years we've watched players get into some serious scuffles with management from hasek to peca to drury briere. Even Grier said on his way out that the team isn't committed to winning.

It just sucks that the other ownerships have abused our patience and the only way to fix it is with more patience on our part.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

I got choked up telling my mom what Pegula said during the presser.
          “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

honestly I have a lot of confidence in Regier and Ruff. This team was right there to win one that first year they ran at it with drury and brier. Yes, they probably didn't have the upper commitment but still got that close. Let's see what happens.

Originally posted by trapezeus
            The rigas were trying to steal us championship, but then found it more enjoyable to steal for themselves. Golisano pretty much confirmed that he no interest other than saving the team and raising funds. and now T-Pegs is all about making it a better place for players.

that is a long term goal, but a very important one. For the last 10 years we've watched players get into some serious scuffles with management from hasek to peca to drury briere. Even Grier said on his way out that the team isn't committed to winning.

It just sucks that the other ownerships have abused our patience and the only way to fix it is with more patience on our part.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

It's going to be tough for the team to win a cup with Regier still making hockey decisions.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Still?

I don't think he really has been
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                    It's going to be tough for the team to win a cup with Regier still making hockey decisions.

I don't know how you can say that though. This team was never funded to build a powerhouse and somehow under these guys the years came along that they were close. I talked about that one team above and another they actually went to the finals. Maybe that is Regier's fit but give him the resources and see how he can do. These guys deserve this shot for the work they have done. From the owners perspective it's just a hiccup if they don't work out cause he can can them at any time and just rebuild. He's got something in place that's strong go with it and let's see what happen.

Comment

• Dude
                      that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                      • Feb 2005

I'd be surprised if Darcy was the GM next season.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I'd like to see what Darcy could do with the handcuffs off.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                          Still?

I don't think he really has been
                          And let the excuses roll! If you believe that he had ZERO say in hockey decisions, then I have some land down in Louisiana that I'd love to sell you!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                            I don't know how you can say that though. This team was never funded to build a powerhouse and somehow under these guys the years came along that they were close. I talked about that one team above and another they actually went to the finals. Maybe that is Regier's fit but give him the resources and see how he can do. These guys deserve this shot for the work they have done. From the owners perspective it's just a hiccup if they don't work out cause he can can them at any time and just rebuild. He's got something in place that's strong go with it and let's see what happen.
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, people need to stop acting like Darcy was given a 10 million dollar budget and told to compete. They weren't that far under the cap, they spent money...they just spent it on the wrong players and those decisions on talent won't change because there is more money to spend. The guy is a terrible talent evaluator and is constantly falling in love with his players. I'm glad that you guys are excited, but please take off the blinders to what Regier really is...not a good GM.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              I've said it before and I'll say it again, people need to stop acting like Darcy was given a 10 million dollar budget and told to compete. They weren't that far under the cap, they spent money...they just spent it on the wrong players and those decisions on talent won't change because there is more money to spend. The guy is a terrible talent evaluator and is constantly falling in love with his players. I'm glad that you guys are excited, but please take off the blinders to what Regier really is...not a good GM.
                              Were you ever in job where you were competent at doing the job at a good or even great level but didn't really give a **** because your bosses didn't care enough to support you? Kind of brings your moral down.

Comment

Working...
                              X