PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best player in the 2011 NFL draft?

Prov401
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
I see different opinions on the DT's Fairley and Dareus. Which one fits our system, etc. I see Newton fans, I see Gabbert fans. I see people realize our secondary is inconsistent and old, which results in people liking the Peterson pick. I don't hear much about Bowers on here.

My question is this. Who do you believe is the best player in this draft? I realize we're two spots from having the luxury of picking the best player. But, if we had the first pick, who would you pick?

Don't Panic
02-23-2011, 01:38 PM
I think Bowers is the best player in the draft. I think Fairley is a close second, and Dareus comes in third. I could make a case for Peterson or Green, but I can't help but see things from what the Bills desperately need, which is front seven help.

Jaybird
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
AJ Green or Robert Quinn = Best Players in my opinion

psubills62
02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
Hard to say...I think I'd take Dareus. Peterson and Green would both be tempting, but Dareus would really solidify our line.

This is a horrible year to have the #1 overall pick. Bad year for a high pick in general.

Don't Panic
02-23-2011, 01:43 PM
AJ Green or Robert Quinn = Best Players in my opinion

Quinn could make a case. Had he not missed the season, I'm sure he'd already be in the conversation.

elltrain22
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I think the best player, w/ the most talent and upside is Daquan Bowers, and in a real close 2nd would be Nick Fairley.

madness
02-23-2011, 02:16 PM
I think Peterson is the best player in the draft.

Night Train
02-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Ryan Donahue - Punter - Iowa

Bill Cody
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
wait for poll

ServoBillieves
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Dareus.

Raptor
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
AJ Green with a close second being Quinn. Yea Quinn missed last year but there is enough good tape on him to justify it. He is very Andre Ware'ish

Extremebillsfan247
02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
I see different opinions on the DT's Fairley and Dareus. Which one fits our system, etc. I see Newton fans, I see Gabbert fans. I see people realize our secondary is inconsistent and old, which results in people liking the Peterson pick. I don't hear much about Bowers on here.

My question is this. Who do you believe is the best player in this draft? I realize we're two spots from having the luxury of picking the best player. But, if we had the first pick, who would you pick?
What I'm hearing a lot is that Patrick Peterson is the best player in this draft. Who I believe is the best player I think is irrelevant because I don't know these guys as well as a scout would who actually puts in work on these guys physical traits, backgrounds, and things that fans of the game don't ever look for in these players.

But, like the rest of the message boarders here, I am not short of opinion on these prospects. Here is what I think based on games Ive watched, things Ive seen, and read about. Fairley is really good. He is really hot as a prospect right now though because of his pro bowl like play in the BCS championship game. He dominated that Oregon line of scrimmage like it was a high school team. Cam Newton is the main reason for Auburn's success this last year, few would doubt that. I think there is a lot of great talent out there that dont get a lot of attention and sort of get swept under the carpet because they don't play for the big schools. Kaepernick is one of them.

As far as where I think this team needs the most help, its definitely at linebacker. I like Von Miller but there is concern about his weight being too light for a 3/4 LB. We have talent at the position, our problem is that we are already too small at those positions to be effective against the run. Bringing in Wannstedt to help coach should help there a little in getting these guys in the right position to be effective. But we definitely need bigger and more aggressive linebackers on our defense. But, that's my opinion.

better days
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
What I'm hearing a lot is that Patrick Peterson is the best player in this draft. Who I believe is the best player I think is irrelevant because I don't know these guys as well as a scout would who actually puts in work on these guys physical traits, backgrounds, and things that fans of the game don't ever look for in these players.

But, like the rest of the message boarders here, I am not short of opinion on these prospects. Here is what I think based on games Ive watched, things Ive seen, and read about. Fairley is really good. He is really hot as a prospect right now though because of his pro bowl like play in the BCS championship game. He dominated that Oregon line of scrimmage like it was a high school team. Cam Newton is the main reason for Auburn's success this last year, few would doubt that. I think there is a lot of great talent out there that dont get a lot of attention and sort of get swept under the carpet because they don't play for the big schools. Kaepernick is one of them.

As far as where I think this team needs the most help, its definitely at linebacker. I like Von Miller but there is concern about his weight being too light for a 3/4 LB. We have talent at the position, our problem is that we are already too small at those positions to be effective against the run. Bringing in Wannstedt to help coach should help there a little in getting these guys in the right position to be effective. But we definitely need bigger and more aggressive linebackers on our defense. But, that's my opinion.

Fairley intrigues me because it would be nice to have a New England type player (good & dirty) to go up against Brady & the Pats*.

X-Era
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Fairley intrigues me because it would be nice to have a New England type player (good & dirty) to go up against Brady & the Pats*.Racking up dumb penalties to give the sleaze bag Pats easy 1st downs? No thanks. Don't forget that the Pats have the ref's in their pockets, they have no love for us.

better days
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Racking up dumb penalties to give the sleaze bag Pats easy 1st downs? No thanks. Don't forget that the Pats have the ref's in their pockets, they have no love for us.

You are right, but I would love to see a Bills DL take out Brady with a shot to the knee like Wilfork did to Losman. That would be worth the penalty.

Extremebillsfan247
02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Racking up dumb penalties to give the sleaze bag Pats easy 1st downs? No thanks. Don't forget that the Pats have the ref's in their pockets, they have no love for us.or to sideline Brady with a dirty hit that could lead to a Bills victory over the Pats for the first time in years? what travesty. lol Your right, we don't need that.

X-Era
02-23-2011, 05:26 PM
You are right, but I would love to see a Bills DL take out Brady with a shot to the knee like Wilfork did to Losman. That would be worth the penalty.That would be worth 50 penalties in a non-playoff season.

My loathing for the Pats is dwarfed by how much I despise Marcia Brady.

Great player, but I'm allowed to hate great players... ask me how I feel about Tiger Woods.

X-Era
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
or to sideline Brady with a dirty hit that could lead to a Bills victory over the Pats for the first time in years? what travesty. lol Your right, we don't need that.If we could slam Brady, and win the game with a penalty, yeah I wouldn't mind that.

But still, I personally prefer players who play clean.

better days
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
That would be worth 50 penalties in a non-playoff season.

Great player, but I'm allowed to hate great players... ask me how I feel about Tiger Woods.

Think about it, game 12 the 2nd game between the Pats* & Bills with the Pats* undefeated up to that game, Fairley gives Brady a shot to the knee in the 1st quarter like Wilfork did to Losman. Brady goes down & the Bills win the game.

Bills make the playoffs & Brady is out until the next season, that would be SWEET.

tampabay25690
02-23-2011, 08:27 PM
You can yell at me if you want but............Patrick Peterson...
I think this guy is the real deal......Seen him play a ton and to be honest his mediocre game was this year VS Texas A@M in the Bowl game......
I know some of you probably only saw this game and think he is overrated....

But if you seen him play more then 1 game you would be on board with me....He played Vs the best talent in the SEC vs Julio Jones, AJ Green, etc.......
In the begining of 2010 he was so good I thought he had a chance for the Heisman.....He was taking over games weather it be in the return game or on defense just shutting down the opposing WR......

Would be nice to have a good size CB that can run a 4.2 and tackle in the Bills secondary.....

Buffalo Thriller
02-23-2011, 09:56 PM
Patrick Peterson or AJ Green if you're looking at a starter from day 1.
Otherwise Dareus or Newton IMO.

Figster
02-23-2011, 10:31 PM
lol, everyone knows my answer and its not even close.

roby
02-23-2011, 11:03 PM
quinn is that dude

airdog32
02-24-2011, 04:15 AM
That would be worth 50 penalties in a non-playoff season.

How do you feel about el tigre? The mans man for lots of woman!

alohabillsfan
02-24-2011, 08:22 AM
I will tell you that Quinn has some moves. He sets up tackles with a left foot plant to the inside causing the tackle to shift for just a second, thinking Quinn is going inside and he beats that tackle repeatedly to the outside. He can bull rush and can split the tackle guard. I would be happy with him.

SABURZFAN
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
I think Peterson is the best player in the draft.

i agree with madness.