Who's the best player in the 2011 NFL draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Who's the best player in the 2011 NFL draft?

I see different opinions on the DT's Fairley and Dareus. Which one fits our system, etc. I see Newton fans, I see Gabbert fans. I see people realize our secondary is inconsistent and old, which results in people liking the Peterson pick. I don't hear much about Bowers on here.

My question is this. Who do you believe is the best player in this draft? I realize we're two spots from having the luxury of picking the best player. But, if we had the first pick, who would you pick?
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Who's the best player in the 2011 NFL draft?

I think Bowers is the best player in the draft. I think Fairley is a close second, and Dareus comes in third. I could make a case for Peterson or Green, but I can't help but see things from what the Bills desperately need, which is front seven help.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

AJ Green or Robert Quinn = Best Players in my opinion

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Hard to say...I think I'd take Dareus. Peterson and Green would both be tempting, but Dareus would really solidify our line.

This is a horrible year to have the #1 overall pick. Bad year for a high pick in general.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Don't Panic
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Jaybird
          AJ Green or Robert Quinn = Best Players in my opinion
          Quinn could make a case. Had he not missed the season, I'm sure he'd already be in the conversation.

Comment

• elltrain22
            • Sep 2003

I think the best player, w/ the most talent and upside is Daquan Bowers, and in a real close 2nd would be Nick Fairley.
            If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

I think Peterson is the best player in the draft.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Ryan Donahue - Punter - Iowa
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

wait for poll

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Jul 2007

Dareus.
                    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Raptor
                      • Jan 2009

AJ Green with a close second being Quinn. Yea Quinn missed last year but there is enough good tape on him to justify it. He is very Andre Ware'ish

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prov401
                        I see different opinions on the DT's Fairley and Dareus. Which one fits our system, etc. I see Newton fans, I see Gabbert fans. I see people realize our secondary is inconsistent and old, which results in people liking the Peterson pick. I don't hear much about Bowers on here.

My question is this. Who do you believe is the best player in this draft? I realize we're two spots from having the luxury of picking the best player. But, if we had the first pick, who would you pick?
                        What I'm hearing a lot is that Patrick Peterson is the best player in this draft. Who I believe is the best player I think is irrelevant because I don't know these guys as well as a scout would who actually puts in work on these guys physical traits, backgrounds, and things that fans of the game don't ever look for in these players.

But, like the rest of the message boarders here, I am not short of opinion on these prospects. Here is what I think based on games Ive watched, things Ive seen, and read about. Fairley is really good. He is really hot as a prospect right now though because of his pro bowl like play in the BCS championship game. He dominated that Oregon line of scrimmage like it was a high school team. Cam Newton is the main reason for Auburn's success this last year, few would doubt that. I think there is a lot of great talent out there that dont get a lot of attention and sort of get swept under the carpet because they don't play for the big schools. Kaepernick is one of them.

As far as where I think this team needs the most help, its definitely at linebacker. I like Von Miller but there is concern about his weight being too light for a 3/4 LB. We have talent at the position, our problem is that we are already too small at those positions to be effective against the run. Bringing in Wannstedt to help coach should help there a little in getting these guys in the right position to be effective. But we definitely need bigger and more aggressive linebackers on our defense. But, that's my opinion.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                          What I'm hearing a lot is that Patrick Peterson is the best player in this draft. Who I believe is the best player I think is irrelevant because I don't know these guys as well as a scout would who actually puts in work on these guys physical traits, backgrounds, and things that fans of the game don't ever look for in these players.

But, like the rest of the message boarders here, I am not short of opinion on these prospects. Here is what I think based on games Ive watched, things Ive seen, and read about. Fairley is really good. He is really hot as a prospect right now though because of his pro bowl like play in the BCS championship game. He dominated that Oregon line of scrimmage like it was a high school team. Cam Newton is the main reason for Auburn's success this last year, few would doubt that. I think there is a lot of great talent out there that dont get a lot of attention and sort of get swept under the carpet because they don't play for the big schools. Kaepernick is one of them.

As far as where I think this team needs the most help, its definitely at linebacker. I like Von Miller but there is concern about his weight being too light for a 3/4 LB. We have talent at the position, our problem is that we are already too small at those positions to be effective against the run. Bringing in Wannstedt to help coach should help there a little in getting these guys in the right position to be effective. But we definitely need bigger and more aggressive linebackers on our defense. But, that's my opinion.
                          Fairley intrigues me because it would be nice to have a New England type player (good & dirty) to go up against Brady & the Pats*.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                            Fairley intrigues me because it would be nice to have a New England type player (good & dirty) to go up against Brady & the Pats*.
                            Racking up dumb penalties to give the sleaze bag Pats easy 1st downs? No thanks. Don't forget that the Pats have the ref's in their pockets, they have no love for us.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                              Racking up dumb penalties to give the sleaze bag Pats easy 1st downs? No thanks. Don't forget that the Pats have the ref's in their pockets, they have no love for us.
                              You are right, but I would love to see a Bills DL take out Brady with a shot to the knee like Wilfork did to Losman. That would be worth the penalty.

Comment

Working...
                              X