PDA

View Full Version : Jim Kelly: Bills should pass on Newton

FlyingDutchman
02-23-2011, 02:01 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/23/kelly-thinks-bills-should-pass-on-newton/?module=HP_spotlight

I agree with him... I know Newton is a talented player but I have things that dont sit right with me skill and character wise which scares me enough to not want him at 3...Gotta fix up the dang rush defense

k-oneputt
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I see he didn't mention db or wr.

Novacane
02-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Jim is right. I want nothing to do with Newton.

Night Train
02-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Pass on Newton..there's a joke in there somewhere.

Not that I disagree but this is the guy that also LOVED Tebow.

God bless you Kelly... but I couldn't give a crap who you like or dislike. You only scout babes.

Bangarang
02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Wasn't Kelly big on Trent? Just saying. I'm going to start a conspiracy theory that Kelly doesn't want another QB to have a better legacy than him.

justasportsfan
02-23-2011, 02:48 PM
While I agree with Jim that a player picked a 3 has to be a sure thing. I would also think the same should be said about picking a player at the 9th spot. I am almost sure Jim would have loved for the bills to draft Tebow at 9. Cam is a huge questionmark at 3 as Tebow at 9. :idunno:

DynaPaul
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Kelly is absolutely right. Newton would be another 1st round bust.

Nighthawk
02-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Love Jim, but he also suggested the Bills get Tebow last year...his eye for talent is questionable at best. Crap, just look at his comment about Fitz...

Jeff1220
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
I guess this mean that the Bills will almost certainly draft him.

Figster
02-23-2011, 10:34 PM
I guess this mean that the Bills will almost certainly draft him.

Jims using Reverse Psychology

TacklingDummy
02-24-2011, 06:16 AM
If Jim thinks we should pass than I think the Bills should draft.

alohabillsfan
02-24-2011, 07:58 AM
I just dont like his attitude, he is going to want the big city lights and glammer, pass.

OpIv37
02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I agree with Jim on this one, but I wish he would either get some kind of official job with the team or just pipe down. It irritated me last year when he was pushing Tebow, so I can't be a hypocrite and defend him this time just because I agree with him.

The guy is one of my favorite all-time players but he can be a distraction to the team at times.

Beebe's Kid
02-24-2011, 01:55 PM
I agree with Jim on this one, but I wish he would either get some kind of official job with the team or just pipe down. It irritated me last year when he was pushing Tebow, so I can't be a hypocrite and defend him this time just because I agree with him.

The guy is one of my favorite all-time players but he can be a distraction to the team at times.

When did Jim ever say the Bills should take Tebow at 9? Jim said he met with Tebow and was impressed with him, but I definitely do not remember him campaigning for us to take Tebow at 9.

This is an instance where a bunch of fans are going to pick and choose the words, then stretch it as thin as we can go, put words in his mouth, and get mad at him... It's like talking to my wife.

Also...I thought Tebow was the second coming after the last two weeks? Now, I quoted you, Op, but I don't think I've ever seen that out of you, nor have you been a Newton supporter, but plenty here have.

Opinions are fine to have, just don't make **** up to strengthen the argument. I mean you could just use all that you need to and say that "QB X isn't Fitz." Then he is clearly an upgrade. Fitz was a ****ing atrocity last year, plain and simple. There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time, and if you can't see through the lies and see that he needs replaced immediately, there is not help for you.

better days
02-24-2011, 02:06 PM
When did Jim ever say the Bills should take Tebow at 9? Jim said he met with Tebow and was impressed with him, but I definitely do not remember him campaigning for us to take Tebow at 9.

This is an instance where a bunch of fans are going to pick and choose the words, then stretch it as thin as we can go, put words in his mouth, and get mad at him... It's like talking to my wife.

Also...I thought Tebow was the second coming after the last two weeks? Now, I quoted you, Op, but I don't think I've ever seen that out of you, nor have you been a Newton supporter, but plenty here have.

Opinions are fine to have, just don't make **** up to strengthen the argument. I mean you could just use all that you need to and say that "QB X isn't Fitz." Then he is clearly an upgrade. Fitz was a ****ing atrocity last year, plain and simple. There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time, and if you can't see through the lies and see that he needs replaced immediately, there is not help for you.

I know you hate Fitz, but to say "There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time" is REALLY wrong. You just have to go back to the 1st two games of last season to prove that statement FALSE.

Trent has never put up the TD #'s that Fitz did last year.

OpIv37
02-24-2011, 02:15 PM
I know you hate Fitz, but to say "There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time" is REALLY wrong. You just have to go back to the 1st two games of last season to prove that statement FALSE.

Trent has never put up the TD #'s that Fitz did last year.

Completely agree.

Fitz is by no means a superstar and I'm not even 100% convinced that he's a viable starter, but it's just patently false to say he's the worst QB Buffalo has had in a long time. Edwards and Losman were clearly worse. Holcomb was at best even. In fact, I'd say you'd have to go all the way back to Bledsoe to find better QB play.

Yes, I realize being the best Bills' QB in the last 7 years or so is like being the smartest kid on the short bus, but the fact remains that it's simply wrong to say Fitz was worse than these other guys.

better days
02-24-2011, 02:20 PM
Completely agree.

Fitz is by no means a superstar and I'm not even 100% convinced that he's a viable starter, but it's just patently false to say he's the worst QB Buffalo has had in a long time. Edwards and Losman were clearly worse. Holcomb was at best even. In fact, I'd say you'd have to go all the way back to Bledsoe to find better QB play.

Yes, I realize being the best Bills' QB in the last 7 years or so is like being the smartest kid on the short bus, but the fact remains that it's simply wrong to say Fitz was worse than these other guys.

I think you are being overly generous to Holcomb, aside from that I totally agree. SAD as it is Fitz is the best QB the Bills have had in a long, long time.