X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Jim Kelly: Bills should pass on Newton

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

I agree with him... I know Newton is a talented player but I have things that dont sit right with me skill and character wise which scares me enough to not want him at 3...Gotta fix up the dang rush defense
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Re: Jim Kelly: Bills should pass on Newton

I see he didn't mention db or wr.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Jim is right. I want nothing to do with Newton.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Pass on Newton..there's a joke in there somewhere.

Not that I disagree but this is the guy that also LOVED Tebow.

God bless you Kelly... but I couldn't give a crap who you like or dislike. You only scout babes.
        Last edited by Night Train; 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

Wasn't Kelly big on Trent? Just saying. I'm going to start a conspiracy theory that Kelly doesn't want another QB to have a better legacy than him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

While I agree with Jim that a player picked a 3 has to be a sure thing. I would also think the same should be said about picking a player at the 9th spot. I am almost sure Jim would have loved for the bills to draft Tebow at 9. Cam is a huge questionmark at 3 as Tebow at 9.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DynaPaul
              • Sep 2003

Kelly is absolutely right. Newton would be another 1st round bust.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Love Jim, but he also suggested the Bills get Tebow last year...his eye for talent is questionable at best. Crap, just look at his comment about Fitz...

Comment

• Jeff1220
                  H to the 12:20
                  • Jul 2002

I guess this mean that the Bills will almost certainly draft him.

Comment

• dog14787
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Jeff1220
                    I guess this mean that the Bills will almost certainly draft him.

Jims using Reverse Psychology

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

If Jim thinks we should pass than I think the Bills should draft.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

I just dont like his attitude, he is going to want the big city lights and glammer, pass.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I agree with Jim on this one, but I wish he would either get some kind of official job with the team or just pipe down. It irritated me last year when he was pushing Tebow, so I can't be a hypocrite and defend him this time just because I agree with him.

The guy is one of my favorite all-time players but he can be a distraction to the team at times.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            I agree with Jim on this one, but I wish he would either get some kind of official job with the team or just pipe down. It irritated me last year when he was pushing Tebow, so I can't be a hypocrite and defend him this time just because I agree with him.

The guy is one of my favorite all-time players but he can be a distraction to the team at times.
                            When did Jim ever say the Bills should take Tebow at 9? Jim said he met with Tebow and was impressed with him, but I definitely do not remember him campaigning for us to take Tebow at 9.

This is an instance where a bunch of fans are going to pick and choose the words, then stretch it as thin as we can go, put words in his mouth, and get mad at him... It's like talking to my wife.

Also...I thought Tebow was the second coming after the last two weeks? Now, I quoted you, Op, but I don't think I've ever seen that out of you, nor have you been a Newton supporter, but plenty here have.

Opinions are fine to have, just don't make **** up to strengthen the argument. I mean you could just use all that you need to and say that "QB X isn't Fitz." Then he is clearly an upgrade. Fitz was a ****ing atrocity last year, plain and simple. There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time, and if you can't see through the lies and see that he needs replaced immediately, there is not help for you.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                              When did Jim ever say the Bills should take Tebow at 9? Jim said he met with Tebow and was impressed with him, but I definitely do not remember him campaigning for us to take Tebow at 9.

This is an instance where a bunch of fans are going to pick and choose the words, then stretch it as thin as we can go, put words in his mouth, and get mad at him... It's like talking to my wife.

Also...I thought Tebow was the second coming after the last two weeks? Now, I quoted you, Op, but I don't think I've ever seen that out of you, nor have you been a Newton supporter, but plenty here have.

Opinions are fine to have, just don't make **** up to strengthen the argument. I mean you could just use all that you need to and say that "QB X isn't Fitz." Then he is clearly an upgrade. Fitz was a ****ing atrocity last year, plain and simple. There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time, and if you can't see through the lies and see that he needs replaced immediately, there is not help for you.
                              I know you hate Fitz, but to say "There hasn't been QB play that bad in Buffalo for a long, long time" is REALLY wrong. You just have to go back to the 1st two games of last season to prove that statement FALSE.

Trent has never put up the TD #'s that Fitz did last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X