PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Ralph thought of Pegula?

elltrain22
02-24-2011, 06:12 AM
At Terry Pegula's presser the other day, I was one of the millions who was blown away, totally optimistic, and so dang happy he's our owner. I loved almost everything he said, especially how he said he doesn't care if he makes money owning the Sabres, "if I wanna make money I'll go drill another oil well" that was my favorite line. The guy, I truly believe wants a championship just as bad as we the fans do.

I must admit, I thought several times how much different he is than Ralph. Open checkbook, the best this, the best that, and a committment to winning, even if it means your pocketbook might suffer. It lead me to believe what Ralph thought about Pegula....

What say you???

Mad Max
02-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Current affairs, including those that are local to his most successful business enterprise
have likely long since ceased to be of any interest to him.

-mashed peas
-ensure
-audio books
-counting his money
-sponge bath
-contemplating or declaring the next talentless high motor white guy to draft or re-sign to the Bills

-repeat

elltrain22
02-24-2011, 07:06 AM
Current affairs, including those that are local to his most successful business enterprise
have likely long since ceased to be of any interest to him.

-mashed peas
-ensure
-audio books
-counting his money
-sponge bath
-contemplating or declaring the next talentless high motor white guy to draft or re-sign to the Bills

-repeat

don't forget...

- changing his male Diapers
- planning his next presser that makes us look even more like a joke of a franchise
- getting thicker glasses

Johnny Bugmenot
02-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Ralph's net worth is less than a fourth of Pegula's in a league that requires twice as many resources. It's not so easy to do that in the NFL.

Yasgur's Farm
02-24-2011, 07:53 AM
The Sabres will take a larger piece of the Buffalo sports dollar pie. When that happens, Ralph will fight back by spending, sell the team, move the team, or be dead.

elltrain22
02-24-2011, 08:17 AM
Ralph's net worth is less than a fourth of Pegula's in a league that requires twice as many resources. It's not so easy to do that in the NFL.

That is true, but its also hard for an owner to not use any resources whatsoever and sit on your old, mangy butt and let good players walk, trade pro bowlers, and sign worthless FA's that are just cheap solutions. I'm sorry, but Ralph, time and time again, has shown us that he doesn't have a firm commitment to building a winning franchise.

Night Train
02-24-2011, 08:41 AM
" Alex Karras bought the Sabres ? "

Ebenezer
02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Ralph: "Who?"

SABURZFAN
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
At Terry Pegula's presser the other day, I was one of the millions who was blown away, totally optimistic, and so dang happy he's our owner. I loved almost everything he said, especially how he said he doesn't care if he makes money owning the Sabres, "if I wanna make money I'll go drill another oil well" that was my favorite line. The guy, I truly believe wants a championship just as bad as we the fans do.

I must admit, I thought several times how much different he is than Ralph. Open checkbook, the best this, the best that, and a committment to winning, even if it means your pocketbook might suffer. It lead me to believe what Ralph thought about Pegula....

What say you???

i say The Old Fart drooled, cut a shart, and took a nap.

Extremebillsfan247
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM

What say you???What does Ralph think? lol hmm, I could guess. Good luck to him, different sport, and keep your kids off of my lawn. Just wild guesses. I don't think Ralph cares to be honest.

ServoBillieves
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I think Pegula needs to make a trade at some point before the deadline and prove something to us as Sabres fans. Kovalev goes for a 7th rounder and he wasn't willing to give that up? Whatever...

Extremebillsfan247
02-24-2011, 10:00 PM
One thing Ralph and the Sabres previous owner both know is that every honeymoon period has an end. Pegula will find that out soon enough. Enjoy the good moments while they last because they wont. lol JMO

BigZ
02-25-2011, 05:47 AM
I think Ralph might have thought: "So what, you can cry at a press conference. I can drool, as well as pee and crap in my pants while I answer questions."

elltrain22
02-25-2011, 06:14 AM
I think Ralph might have thought: "So what, you can cry at a press conference. I can drool, as well as pee and crap in my pants while I answer questions."

That is very realistic that that actually happened

OpIv37
02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
I suddenly thought of a relatively recent episode of the Simpsons. Mr. Burns wins a pro basketball team gambling, then makes an ass out of himself trying to get the fans to like him by acting like Mark Cuban.

Ralph=:monte:

OpIv37
02-25-2011, 06:37 AM
One thing Ralph and the Sabres previous owner both know is that every honeymoon period has an end. Pegula will find that out soon enough. Enjoy the good moments while they last because they wont. lol JMO

Oh yeah? Ask Penguins fans what they think of Lemieux's ownership. He saved them from bankruptcy, got them a new arena, and got them a Stanley Cup and an Eastern Conference championship, in just over a decade (that includes a season lost to the lockout).

Ask Patriots fans what they think of Bob Kraft's ownership.
Ask Eagles fans what they think of Lurie's ownership.

I could keep going but I've made my point: if an owner wins, the good moments most certainly do last.

Bill Cody
02-25-2011, 10:25 AM

really? Bob Kraft wasn't super rich when he bought the Patriots, far from it. Look at him now. I'm sick to death of people making excuses for Ralph.

Ebenezer
02-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I think Pegula needs to make a trade at some point before the deadline and prove something to us as Sabres fans. Kovalev goes for a 7th rounder and he wasn't willing to give that up? Whatever...

Why does TG have to impress anybody by making a snap decision that may not work out. What does Kovalev do for the Sabres this year? Nothing.

BillyT92679
02-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Ralph and Pegula met around the time of the Miami game in December, so I think he probably has taken a shine to the guy.

Honestly, I would not be surprised at all that Pegula's buying of the Sabres is just a stepping stone to also buying the Bills. He can own both concurrently and has the liquidity to do it. He's still worth 3+ billion... he could drop 900M for the Bills outright and build a stadium.

guy
02-25-2011, 02:48 PM

What say you??? he hasnt done anything but buy the sabres just like golisano did. it has nothing to do with ralph wilson you idiot! go bills go habs!!

Mad Max
02-25-2011, 03:30 PM
I suddenly thought of a relatively recent episode of the Simpsons. Mr. Burns wins a pro basketball team gambling, then makes an ass out of himself trying to get the fans to like him by acting like Mark Cuban.

Ralph=:monte:

Not even close. Mr. Dithers is cold, calculating, and very very shrewd.

Ralph is, well, not.

Extremebillsfan247
02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Oh yeah? Ask Penguins fans what they think of Lemieux's ownership. He saved them from bankruptcy, got them a new arena, and got them a Stanley Cup and an Eastern Conference championship, in just over a decade (that includes a season lost to the lockout).

Ask Patriots fans what they think of Bob Kraft's ownership.
Ask Eagles fans what they think of Lurie's ownership.

I could keep going but I've made my point: if an owner wins, the good moments most certainly do last.Wait until those teams start struggling to win, can't get their respective teams into the post season, and have a few losing seasons. It happens to every sports franchise at some point. Then come back and ask that question. I'm sure I'll find quite a few fans who won't think too highly of those owners then.

ublinkwescore
02-25-2011, 08:50 PM
i say The Old Fart drooled, cut a shart, and took a nap.

He's too old for the rippin and the tearin so he just sticks to the snoozin and the snorin.

BertSquirtgum
02-27-2011, 09:20 PM
i don't think ralph even knows that pegula had a press conference. he IS that senile.