PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan guarantees Jets will win Super Bowl at combine presser

Coach Sal
02-24-2011, 03:13 PM
Jets head coach Rex Ryan is talking big again. He just laid out a Super Bowl guarantee.

In his opening statement before even taking questions he said he knows he thought his team could win a Super Bowl in each of his first two seasons, but today at the NFL combine he guaranteed that they will win the Super Bowl in 2011.

“I believe this is the year we’re going to win Super Bowl,” Ryan said. ”I guarantee we’ll win it this year.”

“I’m putting myself out there because I believe,” said Ryan. ”And I’m not afraid to stand up here and say that we’re going to get it done.”

He did say the key is getting some home playoff games. The Jets have advanced to the AFC Championship game playing on the road in the playoffs each of the past two seasons.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/02/24/rex-ryans-guarantee/

psubills62
02-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Not likely. 2010 was supposed to be their year with so many guys in contract years. They've re-signed quite a bit, but will almost certainly lose a decent amount as well, especially at receiver. They don't have a second round pick, either. With the uncertainty of the CBA, unless they sign a bunch of free agents like they did a couple years ago, they won't be nearly as good as they have been recently.

delectrolux
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
If he's so sure, why not put his money where his mouth is? Maybe give half his salary to charity if they don't win it. We'd see how confident he is then. What good is a guarantee if there's nothing to back it up. What's that quote from Tommy Boy?

Customer:But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

bosshogg21
02-24-2011, 03:39 PM
This is why they have become my least favorite team of all time in any sport. Their fans eat this sh1t up and run their mouths all season.

Night Train
02-24-2011, 03:48 PM
Rex is a good coach but he's writing a lot of checks for his players that they can't cash.

He's better off staying home and addressing his wifes foot fetish. No ones going to listen to his constant blustering until he goes to the SB.

bflojohn
02-24-2011, 03:52 PM
....and as is the norm, he had an INSTANT interview with the NFL Networks group of "experts" and he simply reiterated his statement all over again! It isn't just Jets fans, boys and girls, the talking heads LOVE him too!!!

bosshogg21
02-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Exactly...it's a bizarro world we live in now with sports media. They love all the stories that the average fan can't stand. The t.o. Saga. Brett Favre nonsense. Rex Ryan running his mouth. They just rehash the same crap that no one wants to hear about anymore. I really hope the jets somehow don't even make the playoffs so I don't have to hear this crap again.

scartown
02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Yawn

DrGraves
02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
rex ryan is the biggest d-bag in the nfl

mightysimi
02-24-2011, 04:32 PM
....and as is the norm, he had an INSTANT interview with the NFL Networks group of "experts" and he simply reiterated his statement all over again! It isn't just Jets fans, boys and girls, the talking heads LOVE him too!!!

Because they always know that he is good for a sound bite. I'm sure they are tired of "the other team is really good...we are looking forward to next week...we'll know more after we talk to the doctor."
Plus the Jauron favorite "we need to check the tape"

Nighthawk
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Oh my God...just shut the **** up fat man!

FlyingDutchman
02-24-2011, 05:49 PM
He'll end up putting his foot in his mouth....or his wifes foot

Raptor
02-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Anyone even listen to this blowhard anymore?

SABURZFAN
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
This is why they have become my least favorite team of all time in any sport. Their fans eat this sh1t up and run their mouths all season.

we'd be doing the same thing if the Bills were in the Jets situation.

bosshogg21
02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
we'd be doing the same thing if the Bills were in the Jets situation.

Really? Does mike tomlin, mike McCarthy, or bill bellicheck do this?

SABURZFAN
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
Really? Does mike tomlin, mike McCarthy, or bill bellicheck do this?

REALLY.... a lot of the Bills homers would be acting like the Jets homers. and to answer your questions, no.

Extremebillsfan247
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
It's typical Ryan. That comment should have surprised no one by now. He isn't going to come out and say, "I don't think my team is good enough to get to the Super Bowl". All coaches talk about how confident they are in their respective teams. Some are just more jovial about it than others. I don't see anything wrong with that.

justasportsfan
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
they could win it, problem is the bills are gonna sweep them twice in regular season and we wipe the new turf at the Ralph with his arse

Ingtar33
02-24-2011, 07:58 PM
when the "Sanchize" rolls out a better then 76 QBR i'll believe this crap. right now they're rolling with Trent Dilfer 2, and don't have the Ray Lewis and Shannon Sharpe to bail him out.

Don't Panic
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I think he should put his nuts where his mouth is and say he'll permanently retire from coaching if they don't win it all. Then we'll see what the word guarantee means to him.

Mike13
02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
At least we dont have to see his fat ****ing ass in pantyhose.

jcdavey
02-25-2011, 04:02 AM
when the "Sanchize" rolls out a better then 76 QBR i'll believe this crap. right now they're rolling with Trent Dilfer 2, and don't have the Ray Lewis and Shannon Sharpe to bail him out.
sanchez had 10 games of 80 qbr or higher last season , including multiple 100+ qbr games, 2 of which were in the playoffs vs the pats and steelers

one of his 100+ qbr games was vs the bills in the regular season

he's not great but he was alot better in 2010 than he was in his rookie year

in 6 playoff games thus far he's 4-2 with 3 games of 100+ qbr (9 tds and 3 ints in the playoffs)

and yes, any team's fans would be acting the same as jets fans if ryan was their coach...that's true.

rex is a blowhard, but what most casual observers don't realize is he does it to take any and all media spotlight off of his players (which doesn't always work so far)

trapezeus
02-25-2011, 08:09 AM
Are the jets in need of a safety. I sense that whitner would be a good fit.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
I had to check the date to make sure this wasn't the same "guarantee" he made last year.

It's so ****ing cliche for some ******* to make a guarantee now.

When Namath did it, it was ****ing cool. He wore chinchilla on the sidelines. The Jets shocked the world. He was ****ing Broadway Joe.

Now Jersey Rex just sounds like an *******. Even if they were to win, then only people that would bring up the guarantee are the people that are getting paid money to come up with stories. It is a non story.

Although it does make them way easier to hate, which didn't take much. They were the least offensive team in the division, to me, for a long time. Now they have inspired hate on a level of the other two. Thanks Rex!!

Mike
02-27-2011, 12:29 PM
I think some of you guys are but hurt & have somewhat of a sore looser mentality.

Look, if he were Our Head Coached and he took a pedestrian Bills team from top 10 pic to AFC Championship game in his first 2 years, we would love the guy, his fire, his passion, and his success. And,we would totally eat up his guarantee...

jcdavey
02-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I think some of you guys are but hurt & have somewhat of a sore looser mentality.

Look, if he were Our Head Coached and he took a pedestrian Bills team from top 10 pic to AFC Championship game in his first 2 years, we would love the guy, his fire, his passion, and his success. And,we would totally eat up his guarantee...
exactly

there's a method to his madness just like their was with belichick and parcells and bobby knight and several other "characters"