http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/02/24/bills-plan-to-tender-rfas/

RB Quinton Ganther
TE Scott Chandler
QB Brian Brohm
LB Paul Posluszny
OT Mansfield Wrotto

psubills62
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Teams are simply going to tender RFA's however they feel it necessary. It will almost certainly end up meaning nothing, depending on how many years players need to get to UFA in the new CBA. I'm guessing it will be 4 years, so most of those will be UFA's anyway. However, most teams will be tendering players anyway, just to make sure.

Marvelous
02-24-2011, 05:17 PM
2 things-
-1st--Highly Unlikely! Poz is NOT viewed by 1BD as anything less then a elite MLB. I would be very surprised if he we're to have a low tender..
--2--Whitner isn't on the list because that is a scrub list & Whitner isn't a scrub. If there's opinions out there that he is a scrub then ity's sad that fans would be that disconnected..Whitner has disapointed the fans that demand probowl from high draft picks.. He's not a bust. this is a fact. See Our Penn ST LB that can't even get on the field...
--We are a better team with Whitner on it.. IMO

Mr. Pink
02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
:rofl:

Whitner isn't there because the Bills have no interest in bringing him back. Hence why they're entertaining Atogwe and Sanders already.

ParanoidAndroid
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
2 things-
-1st--Highly Unlikely! Poz is NOT viewed by 1BD as anything less then a elite MLB. I would be very surprised if he we're to have a low tender..
--2--Whitner isn't on the list because that is a scrub list & Whitner isn't a scrub. If there's opinions out there that he is a scrub then ity's sad that fans would be that disconnected..Whitner has disapointed the fans that demand probowl from high draft picks.. He's not a bust. this is a fact. See Our Penn ST LB that can't even get on the field...
--We are a better team with Whitner on it.. IMO

This makes no sense. It's a scrub list which is why Whitner isn't on it but Poz is on it because he's highly valued as an elite MLB?

X-Era
02-24-2011, 05:43 PM
:rofl:

Whitner isn't there because the Bills have no interest in bringing him back. Hence why they're entertaining Atogwe and Sanders already.The list is who's available to be tendered, and both Whitner and Poz were drafted in the same year. The only thing I can think of is that Poz missed a season and that kept him under 4 years accrued.

scartown
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
The list is who's available to be tendered, and both Whitner and Poz were drafted in the same year. The only thing I can think of is that Poz missed a season and that kept him under 4 years accrued.

Poz was drafted the year after Whitner. RFAs are players with three or more accrued seasons but less than five. That's why Whitner does not qualify.

X-Era
02-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Poz was drafted the year after Whitner. RFAs are players with three or more accrued seasons but less than five. That's why Whitner does not qualify.My mistake. Nice catch!

Raptor
02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
The list is who's available to be tendered, and both Whitner and Poz were drafted in the same year. The only thing I can think of is that Poz missed a season and that kept him under 4 years accrued.

Bingo

Extremebillsfan247
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
No clue how this would work and why he's on there and Whitner isn't:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/02/24/bills-plan-to-tender-rfas/

RB Quinton Ganther
TE Scott Chandler
QB Brian Brohm
LB Paul Posluszny
OT Mansfield Wrotto Whitner just picked a bad year to decide and play the Jason Peters game with this team. JMO The bigger question to me would be why they would bother to hold onto Brohm.

Bert102176
02-27-2011, 03:37 AM
I say get Poz signed, get Whitner signed, and get Atogwe in here draft Von Miller at 3, then Kyle Rudolph in the second

Mahdi
02-27-2011, 05:14 AM
I say get Poz signed, get Whitner signed, and get Atogwe in here draft Von Miller at 3, then Kyle Rudolph in the second
Poz for me is too soft against the run and too injury prone. I don't mind him there for depth but he was a liability last season.

bigfish2112
02-27-2011, 06:53 AM
Poz for me is too soft against the run and too injury prone. I don't mind him there for depth but he was a liability last season.Well you might think he is to soft but when you get between 140 and 150 tackles you are not going anywhere and I don't care if anybody thinks they are all down field tackles he's the one making the tackles nobody else is.

Night Train
02-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Well you might think he is to soft but when you get between 140 and 150 tackles you are not going anywhere and I don't care if anybody thinks they are all down field tackles he's the one making the tackles nobody else is.

Understandable, but we had that type of player before in London Fletcher and I wasn't sorry to see him go.

MLB/ILB's have to have the strength & mindset to fill the hole near the LOS or it never puts the opponenet in many 3rd and long situations. Drag down tacklers piling up stats downfield don't fool anyone. He's been hurt a lot and is too slow on many plays.

I have nothing against the guy but a quicker/stronger draft pick with upside would probably be a wiser move.

Thief
02-27-2011, 10:44 AM
If we had a legit nose tackle soaking blocks and keeping guards from coming at Poz clean all game long he may have been able to make a few more plays. No LB is going to manhandle a guard too often when he is out weighted by 50+ pounds.

Oh, and Fletcher was pretty good, and should have been retained. He is coming off a pro bowl year. I think I would have rather had him then the train wrecks we have been fielding next to Poz. But, I guess, the Bills figured someone like Kawika Mitchell was a better long term player.