PDA

View Full Version : The Move at Tight End

Jaybird
02-25-2011, 07:58 AM
After yesterdays moves, it looks as if the Raiders have made a few decisions. They signed CB Routt to a nice salary and franchised Wimbley, and signed Henderson... It would be difficult to see them signing Zack Miller to the kind of contract he can get in Free agency!

Miller has been a great weapon for a terrible offense over the past few seasons. He can stretch the filed make plays underneath. Average blocker (nothing special) but finding a TE that can do it all at a high level doesn't happen very often.

It is a position of need and the bills have been lacking that need for a very longtime.

Nighthawk
02-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Miller would be a great addition and I would love the move!

Mathja
02-25-2011, 08:02 AM
I think he could become the best tight end the Bills have ever had. This move would be a great one. For how many years can the tight end position be ignored? Stop wasting 4th and 5th round draft picks on players that aren't panning out and either draft a stud or sign a young free agent stud. Miller fits.

YardRat
02-25-2011, 08:57 AM
TE is our biggest need skill position on offense...including QB. If we could snag one in FA that would be sweet, and I'm good with Miller being that guy. He's probably going to get top 5 salary from somebody, though, which means about 3mil per year.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2011, 09:07 AM
TE is our biggest need skill position on offense...including QB. If we could snag one in FA that would be sweet, and I'm good with Miller being that guy. He's probably going to get top 5 salary from somebody, though, which means about 3mil per year.3 mil / year for an effective TE? Sign me up...hell, I'll take two.

Night Train
02-25-2011, 09:44 AM
A quality TE is a crying need for this team. I would offer him a healthy contract to come here, without question.

Bert102176
02-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Miller would be amazing to have but do you think cheap ol bas tard ralph would pay him what he is asking or deserves

kingJofNYC
02-25-2011, 01:47 PM
I hate to be the one, but I'll just come right out and say it. There's zero chance he leaves one black hole for another. Dude is going to try and land a contract with a contending team.

Only chance we have at landing him is by making him the highest paid TE in the league, and that's under the assumption that money is his first priority.

Stocker or Randolph, that's our best bet at landing a solid TE.

cpearl
02-25-2011, 01:56 PM
What Free Agency?

Night Train
02-25-2011, 05:40 PM
I think Oakland has overspent already and may accept a draft pick for him.

ServoBillieves
02-25-2011, 08:09 PM
Yes to Zack Miller, that's all.

Lone Stranger
02-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Now that we have signed every other quality free agent, why not add another?

Mathja
02-26-2011, 07:51 AM
I think Oakland has overspent already and may accept a draft pick for him.

They can't accept a draft pick for a player that is a free agent. It would be like the Bills accepting a draft pick for Donte Whitner right now.

better days
02-26-2011, 08:17 AM
They can't accept a draft pick for a player that is a free agent. It would be like the Bills accepting a draft pick for Donte Whitner right now.

Agreed. Any trades will be after the new CBA is signed & will most likely be for next years draft picks, not this years.