PDA

View Full Version : Any Canucks fans here?

mightysimi
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Team is looking solid. If they can keep it up with the devastation on the blueline, lookout.

Nighthawk
02-25-2011, 12:26 PM
They look great and have a few great (Superstar) players...they have a legit shot at the cup this year.

The King
02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Should be a good game tomorrow night

Ebenezer
02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Very legit shot at the Cup. then again, when the tumblers fall and you are able to pick the Sedin twins back to back like they were that's a huge help.

mightysimi
02-25-2011, 12:45 PM
It's been a long road for them. There were not very good in the beginning. That was actually the culmination of some great GM work by Burke. Trading Linden for Bertuzzi, Mccabe and Jarko Ruutu and then flipping Mccabe for the 3rd pick to get Henrik.

They do have a good chance as long as they can get their ***** together in the playoffs. It would be nice to play Chicago in the 1st round and win to exercise the playoff demons.

Nighthawk
02-25-2011, 12:48 PM
It's been a long road for them. There were not very good in the beginning. That was actually the culmination of some great GM work by Burke. Trading Linden for Bertuzzi, Mccabe and Jarko Ruutu and then flipping Mccabe for the 3rd pick to get Henrik.

They do have a good chance as long as they can get their ***** together in the playoffs. It would be nice to play Chicago in the 1st round and win to exercise the playoff demons.

Chicago might not make the playoffs...so, that might not be a possibility.

mightysimi
02-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Should be a good game tomorrow night

Yes big measuring stick for both teams.

mightysimi
02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Chicago might not make the playoffs...so, that might not be a possibility.

Even better. :up:

trapezeus
02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
canucks are like the atlanta braves of hockey. Can put together decent seasons but just struggle in theplayoffs.

I usually like watching the under dog teams win, but since the bills have sucked and the sabres have experienced so much heartbreak in the last 10 years, and other teams are ridding the monkey off their backs (patriots, blackhawks, red sox, etc), i hate watching the list grow smaller with just buffalo as the city that can't experience a championship. So as good as vancouver is and as much as i like the city, i'm done with the under dog until the bills or sabres win something.

Petty, but it is the way it has to be.

mightysimi
02-25-2011, 01:46 PM
canucks are like the atlanta braves of hockey. Can put together decent seasons but just struggle in theplayoffs.

I usually like watching the under dog teams win, but since the bills have sucked and the sabres have experienced so much heartbreak in the last 10 years, and other teams are ridding the monkey off their backs (patriots, blackhawks, red sox, etc), i hate watching the list grow smaller with just buffalo as the city that can't experience a championship. So as good as vancouver is and as much as i like the city, i'm done with the under dog until the bills or sabres win something.

Petty, but it is the way it has to be.

This is true but there hasn't been that many seasons that I can think of that they are running away with the division like this. At this point they are 7 point up on the west and 17 up on the division. They seem to have the most balanced team with when healthy the absolute top 6 D men in the NHL. I like you have been burnt a few times to get too excited but it does look good right now.

SquishDaFish
02-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Tomorrow night is going to be one good game. We should know about alot about our teams after that game. Cant wait

mightysimi
02-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Tomorrow night is going to be one good game. We should know about alot about our teams after that game. Cant wait

Agreed. It is a statement game for sure.

generalmills
02-25-2011, 11:54 PM
I will be for a couple of weeks if the flamers get in as the 8th seed. Bobby Lou Time!!

The King
02-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Well Vancouver is definitely the best tea I have seen play this year. They outplayed the Bruins 50 mins in that game.

mightysimi
02-27-2011, 12:56 AM
That's brutal. Good game though. Good teams find a way.

SquishDaFish
02-27-2011, 09:50 AM
I agree KB. That was the best team Ive seen us play yet. Very good team should make it far in playoffs.

mightysimi
02-27-2011, 10:49 AM
Let's hope. We still have 2 of our top 4 dmen out. It will be nice to get them back.

DMBcrew36
02-27-2011, 07:53 PM
1 game means nothing. Boston is good but Vancouver is a class above pretty much every other team. I look forward to the playoffs.