PDA

View Full Version : Don't Sleep on Locker

Bangarang
02-25-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah people want to say he's innaccurate but the kid didn't even have a QB coach at Washington until his Junior year.

It's believed that his accuracy issues stem from having footwork problems. He's been working with a QB coach leading up to the draft to work on his work.

Here he is at the combine talking about what he hopes to accomplish and what he's been working. He seems humble, well spoken, and hard working. He has great arm strength, freakish speed for a QB, and is a natural leader. His only issue is accuracy and decision making which can be worked on. Bottom line is that he'd be a steal at 34 given his potential. He's worked in a pro style offense and doesn't have any baggage or off the field issues.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e77291/Locker-d-and-loaded

PTI
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
If the Bills don't take a QB in round 1 and Newton and Gabbert are gone, I am cool with the Bills taking him, just as long as they take someone in the first two rounds that they truly feel is the next guy, and next guy, I mean the guy who will actually play this next season in the last 4-6 games when the Bills are already out of it and Fitz proves he is just an average backup.

Ebenezer
02-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I won't have a big problem if the Bills take Locker...in the 3rd round or lower.

Beebe's Kid
02-25-2011, 01:07 PM
I won't have a big problem if the Bills take Locker...in the 3rd round or lower.

Yeah...and he doesn't take a salary. That's it... I won't have any problem if they take a possible 1st rounder in the 3rd and he doesn't take a salary.

I am going out on a limb and really exposing myself with a an aggressive take like this, but I like to live on the edge, and I would endorse this pick.

PTI
02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah...and he doesn't take a salary. That's it... I won't have any problem if they take a possible 1st rounder in the 3rd and he doesn't take a salary.

I am going out on a limb and really exposing myself with a an aggressive take like this, but I like to live on the edge, and I would endorse this pick.

Would have only been perhaps the #1 overall pick last year! Ugh. If Bills like him and he is there it is a no brainer.

Philagape
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
He seems humble, well spoken, and hard working. He has great arm strength, freakish speed for a QB, and is a natural leader. His only issue is accuracy and decision making which can be worked on.

Sounds familiar ........

Bert102176
02-25-2011, 01:19 PM
I would like to see them draft him in the 3rd, I think he will be there for our pic

Philagape
02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I value the second-round pick, 34th overall, as much as the first-round pick. Both need to be hits.

Therefore, if I don't like a guy with the first pick, I don't like him with the second either.

In the third, then they can start rolling the dice.

PTI
02-25-2011, 01:23 PM
I value the second-round pick, 34th overall, as much as the first-round pick. Both need to be hits.

Therefore, if I don't like a guy with the first pick, I don't like him with the second either.

In the third, then they can start rolling the dice.

It is rare you get 1st round talent in the 3rd round, the 2nd round is where every guy goes that was going to be a round 1 pick for years except Claussen last year.

Philagape
02-25-2011, 01:26 PM
It is rare you get 1st round talent in the 3rd round, the 2nd round is where every guy goes that was going to be a round 1 pick for years except Claussen last year.

Depends on how you define "talent."

We've seen Locker's "talents" here before. Arm strength, athleticism, check.

Decision making? "That can be worked on." Heard that before too.

Nope, third round earliest before I even start to think about Jake Losman. By then some sucker will take him.

BidsJr
02-25-2011, 01:27 PM
JP Losman 2.0

SeatownBillsFan21
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
If Locker is there when we pick in the 2nd i wouldn't mind drafting him to sit behind

Fitz for a year and develop i think he will be a good young talent to develop for a

year or two learn the system and then take over.

SeatownBillsFan21
02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
JP Losman 2.0
LOL not really at all

mikemac2001
02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
id rather trade down and get locker later in 2nd if that was our plan .......

but he has the skills and didn't have much talent around him in washington

also to call out his decision making he had no time to make decisions no QB would look great.

X-Era
02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
I'd be very happy with Locker in round 2. Over Ponder, probably over Mallett.

psubills62
02-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Washington QB Jake Locker sidestepped questions about the possibility of returning to baseball at the Combine Friday.

This sends up a bit of a red flag, as Angels GM Tony Reagins has expressed interest in getting Locker back on the baseball diamond. It's been speculated that Locker might play outfield in the Angels' minor league system if there's an NFL lockout. It's a risk teams are sure to be wary of when evaluating him
I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop due to this and accuracy issues.

X-Era
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop due to this and accuracy issues.Interesting interview with him at the Combine... definitely has some football brains. Working hard on his footwork, very confident he will improve it.

better days
02-25-2011, 02:28 PM
LOL not really at all

Yes really. Losman was also mobile, had a big innacurate arm (I think he was more accurate than what I have seen from Locker.) & was poor with his decisions. I would not waste anything higher than a 5th on Locker & even then only because Chan is a very good QB coach.

better days
02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
id rather trade down and get locker later in 2nd if that was our plan .......

but he has the skills and didn't have much talent around him in washington

also to call out his decision making he had no time to make decisions no QB would look great.

If he has the skills he is hiding them very well, other than his mobility.

X-Era
02-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Yes really. Losman was also mobile, had a big innacurate arm (I think he was more accurate than what I have seen from Locker.) & was poor with his decisions. I would not waste anything higher than a 5th on Locker & even then only because Chan is a very good QB coach.Wow man, just wow.

better days
02-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Wow man, just wow.

You can only say wow because you know everything I said is true.

X-Era
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
You can only say wow because you know everything I said is true.IMO, you are way off base.

Mr. Pink
02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Locker will be taken by someone in the first round.

So none of you have to worry about him becoming a Bill, unless we trade up from 34.

better days
02-25-2011, 02:42 PM

So none of you have to worry about him becoming a Bill, unless we trade up from 34.

You may be right. Seattle may take him at 25 & they are welcome to him IMO.

better days
02-25-2011, 02:47 PM
IMO, you are way off base.

How am I off base? Do you not think Losman was mobile with a big inaccurate arm? Or do you think he did not make poor decisions?

Or do you think Locker does not have those qualities?

Extremebillsfan247
02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Locker is probably going to have a similar problem to what Colt McCoy had last year. He's a little on the short side of your prototype height and weight QB. As good as McCoy was at Texas, it wasn't good enough to get him selected in the first round. I see something similar happening to Locker at this point. No matter what he does here at the combine, his size is going to become an issue whether its fair or not. JMO

better days
02-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Locker is probably going to have a similar problem to what Colt McCoy had last year. He's a little on the short side of your prototype height and weight QB. As good as McCoy was at Texas, it wasn't good enough to get him selected in the first round. I see something similar happening to Locker at this point. No matter what he does here at the combine, his size is going to become an issue whether its fair or not. JMO

Lockers inaccuracy is his biggest issue IMO.

Night Train
02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
In our need for a long term QB, we can see the good in even marginal prospects this time of year.

" You know, I bet if he used his left arm..."

TigerJ
02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Locker has all kinds of positive. If the accuracy issue can be dealt with successfully he could be a steal.

better days
02-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Locker has all kinds of positive. If the accuracy issue can be dealt with successfully he could be a steal.

This reminds me of a quote from All Color football about a guy back then with a strong inaccurate arm..........."He could throw the ball right through the barn door.............if he could only hit it" This sounds like something Chan would say.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah people want to say he's innaccurate but the kid didn't even have a QB coach at Washington until his Junior year.

It's believed that his accuracy issues stem from having footwork problems. He's been working with a QB coach leading up to the draft to work on his work.

Here he is at the combine talking about what he hopes to accomplish and what he's been working. He seems humble, well spoken, and hard working. He has great arm strength, freakish speed for a QB, and is a natural leader. His only issue is accuracy and decision making which can be worked on. Bottom line is that he'd be a steal at 34 given his potential. He's worked in a pro style offense and doesn't have any baggage or off the field issues.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e77291/Locker-d-and-loaded

go wipe Locker's DNA off of your face now.

Danny Duberstein
02-26-2011, 09:54 AM
I'd take Locker in the 3rd.

Johnny Bugmenot
02-26-2011, 10:04 AM

I put about as much weight in this prediction as I did your prediction that none of the Bills quarterbacks from last year's roster would make it to this year's roster.

Considering Fitz is pretty much a lock to stay on this year... that means I have zero weight in your predictions.

camelcowboy
02-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Locker sucks, a qb should be drafted because he can throw. Locker couldn't hit the grand canyon with a baseball let alone a open receiver. Watched years of this bonehead make 1 read and run. Stay away, I can't understand how he still is considered a top prospect.

Don't Panic
02-26-2011, 01:38 PM
I'd be very happy with Locker in round 2. Over Ponder, probably over Mallett.

x2

BuffaloBlitz83
02-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Mallet is ten times better.Mallet will be the best pro in the class

DrGraves
02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
ZZZZZZZZZ

BuffaloBlitz83
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Mallet is ten times better.Mallet will be the best pro in the class

Besides Newton I meant lol. I rank em Newton, Mallet, Locker, Gabbert. All 4 will be drafted in 1st round, you'll see

Mr. Pink
02-27-2011, 08:28 PM
I put about as much weight in this prediction as I did your prediction that none of the Bills quarterbacks from last year's roster would make it to this year's roster.

Considering Fitz is pretty much a lock to stay on this year... that means I have zero weight in your predictions.

Yeah, 1/3 will make it and the one that will still isn't good enough.

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
How did Locker look throwing the ball today? Didn't get a chance to see.

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 08:50 PM
How did Locker look throwing the ball today? Didn't get a chance to see.

Had a terrific throwing session, which means absolutely bupkiss.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Had a terrific throwing session, which means absolutely bupkiss.
The score/rating we never get is the one the coach puts down saying, "can't understand to put right shoe on left foot".

Bill Cody
02-28-2011, 09:21 AM
You may be right. Seattle may take him at 25 & they are welcome to him IMO.

I'd like to have him in the 2nd. There's been talk in this thread that Locker is the next JP. There's a difference. JP was dumb and arrogant. I think this Locker kid is humble and coachable. If he has to sit for a year or 2 so what? I'm concerned about the accuracy, who isn't? But Locker has a much stronger arm than Ponder.

better days
02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd like to have him in the 2nd. There's been talk in this thread that Locker is the next JP. There's a difference. JP was dumb and arrogant. I think this Locker kid is humble and coachable. If he has to sit for a year or 2 so what? I'm concerned about the accuracy, who isn't? But Locker has a much stronger arm than Ponder.

I may be changing my mind about Locker, the talk is he has made big improvements in his throwing since his season ended. The problem is unless the Bills can trade down, Seattle is likely to take him at 25.

BuffaloBlitz83
02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I read Locker's biggest issue with his accuracy is due to his footing. He leaves his feet very tight, no separation. I think he can be coached, but i see zero chance he exits 1st round. Too many teams are in market for QB. And Seattle selecting him would be a fan friendly pick, local kid