PDA

View Full Version : T-Long's Mock Draft 2.0

T-Long
02-25-2011, 07:00 PM
What do you guys think of my latest one?

LINK (http://www.thefanhub.com/719/elsewhere/nfl/2011-nfl-mock-draft-20.html)

BidsJr
02-25-2011, 07:18 PM
It sucks.

CB at #3 would only be my pick if it were Deion Sanders *with the benefit of hindsight.

YardRat
02-25-2011, 07:27 PM
I like Peterson, but IMO we can't take him and leave Dareus on the board.

Mski
02-25-2011, 07:33 PM
It sucks.

CB at #3 would only be my pick if it were Deion Sanders *with the benefit of hindsight. ive heard the comparison

Mr. Miyagi
02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
YUCK.

T-Long
02-25-2011, 08:43 PM
It sucks.

CB at #3 would only be my pick if it were Deion Sanders *with the benefit of hindsight.
Many people said the same thing when they took Spiller, but Buddy is a BPA guy and with McGee getting older and not staying healthy, they need a CB. McKelvin is not a guy to put on another team's #1 at this point. Look at what Revis does for the Jets. He completely takes away the other team's best weapon. Granted I want them to see them find a way to stop the run too, but Peterson is way too good to pass up. He would upgrade our defense significantly.

But, I can definitely understand the disappointment from some of you if this indeed happened. After the combine, you could see Peterson jump into the #1 conversation.

BidsJr
02-25-2011, 09:11 PM
After the combine, you could see Peterson jump into the #1 conversation.

That would be better than excellent.

bigdog72ny
02-25-2011, 09:40 PM
there is also talk that he might be better suited at safety.no way i want him at #3

tampabay25690
02-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Good mock..
You said it best the bills can go 100 different directions..
IF we get Peterson at #3 that is a great upgrade for the defense...

Most have to understand that the DL and LB is deep later in the draft......
We all want DL help but a guy like Peterson is very hard to pass up...............

1 ??? I want to ask some of you if you knew Patrick Peterson was going to be the next Revis would you take him at #3?????? I would....

Luisito23
02-25-2011, 09:58 PM
I don't think so.

Prov401
02-26-2011, 01:33 AM
I see the top 10 like this:

1. Panthers - Newton
2. Broncos - Bowers
3. Bills - Dareus
4. Bengals - Green
5. Cardinals - Peterson
6. Browns - Fairley
7. 49ers - Gabbert
8. Titans - Miller
9. Cowboys - Amukamra
10 Redskins - Jones

bosshogg21
02-26-2011, 03:38 AM
I see the top 10 like this:

1. Panthers - Newton
2. Broncos - Bowers
3. Bills - Dareus
4. Bengals - Green
5. Cardinals - Peterson
6. Browns - Fairley
7. 49ers - Gabbert
8. Titans - Miller
9. Cowboys - Amukamra
10 Redskins - Jones

Quinn not in the top 10? Try again.

Night Train
02-26-2011, 05:54 AM
I just see the Bills taking guys like Newton, Darius, Fairley, Bowers & Quinn at #3, or accepting an offer to trade down before taking a CB.

I know everyone hypes Peterson as the next Revis but his impact here would be minimal, compared to any of the other options.

Jan Reimers
02-26-2011, 06:34 AM
We really need to key on stopping the run and rushing the passer. Without significant DL and OLB help, that's never going to happen.

TacklingDummy
02-26-2011, 06:45 AM

Looks pretty much like ~Dummy Mock 1.0

1. Carolina- Nick Fairly DT, Auburn
2. Denver- Da'Quan Bowers DE, Clemson
3. Buffalo- Peterson CB, LSU. McFumbles is almost a bust, McGee is old and injury prone.
4. Cinci- AJ Green WR Georgia, Goodbye TO, Ocho is old
5. Cards- Miller LB: Would be Newton but they will trade for Kolb
6. Browns: Marcell Dareus DE, Alabama
7. 49ers: Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska: Goodbye Nate.
8. Tenn: Cam Newton QB Auburn
9. Dallas: Nate Solder OT Colorado
10. Washington: Julio Jones WR, Alabama
11. Houston- Aldon Smith LB, Missouri
12. Minnesota-Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri
13. Detroit-Cameron Jordan OLB, California
14. St. Louis-- Julio Jones WR, Alabama
15. Miami-2. Colin Kaepernick, QB, Neveda
16. Jacksonville-Jimmy Smith CB, Colorado
17. New England-Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa
18. San Diego-Ryan Kerrigan DE, Purdue
19. New York Giants- Tyron Smith OT, USC
20. Tampa Bay- Akeem Ayers LB, UCLA
21. Kansas City-Phil Taylor, Nose Tackle, Baylor
22. Indianapolis- Gabe Carimi, Offensive Tackle, Wisconsin
23. Philadelphia- Anthony Castonzo, Offensive Tackle, Boston College
24. New Orleans-J.J. Watt DE, Wisconsin
25. Seattle- QB - *Jake Locker, Washington
26. Baltimore-Brandon Harris CB, Miami
27. Atlanta-Torrey Smith WR, Maryland
28. New England-Mike Pouncey C, Florida
29. Chicago- Stefen Wisniewski, C/G, Penn State
30. New York Jets- DT - *Jurrell Casey, USC
31. Pittsburgh- Derek Sherrod OT, Mississippi St.
32. Green Bay- RB - *Mark Ingram, Alabama

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=200621

better days
02-26-2011, 07:08 AM
Many people said the same thing when they took Spiller, but Buddy is a BPA guy and with McGee getting older and not staying healthy, they need a CB. McKelvin is not a guy to put on another team's #1 at this point. Look at what Revis does for the Jets. He completely takes away the other team's best weapon. Granted I want them to see them find a way to stop the run too, but Peterson is way too good to pass up. He would upgrade our defense significantly.

But, I can definitely understand the disappointment from some of you if this indeed happened. After the combine, you could see Peterson jump into the #1 conversation.

Look at the Jets front 7. Do you think Revis would be nearly as effective on the Bills with the front 7 they had last year?

Revis or Peterson would not help against the run at all & even against the pass their play would be diminished with all the time the QB had to throw.

Aside from that, Peterson may not even be as good as Cromartie let alone Revis

If the Bills don't take a QB they need to draft in the front end of the defense not the back end. JMO

SABURZFAN
02-26-2011, 09:35 AM

love the pick. you get a Day 1 starter and somebody to help the STs.

madness
02-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Best player in the draft @ #3 to go , please....

Thank you very much!

Nighthawk
02-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Taking Peterson would be a HUGE mistake and you would not see it help this team much, if at all. Pick makes ZERO sense.

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 04:39 PM

LINK (http://www.thefanhub.com/719/elsewhere/nfl/2011-nfl-mock-draft-20.html)I think it's realistic enough. There's little doubt Fairly will go high in this draft. At 3 I find it hard to believe the Bills wont seriously consider Dareus if he is there at 3 knowing they have to get better against the run. I also think more now than I did previously to the combine that they will give Gabbert a serious look and may decide to roll the dice on him. Peterson is definitely a possibility being best player on the board etc. But I see him probably being 2nd or 3rd option on their draft board at this time. Right now I think Gabbert has a really good chance of being taken at 3. But, if I were a betting man, my money is on Dareus if he is sitting there at 3. JMO

Oldbillsfan
02-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I'd pay the big money to Qb's and lineman

tampabay25690
02-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Taking Peterson would be a HUGE mistake and you would not see it help this team much, if at all. Pick makes ZERO sense.

Zero sense to get the best CB in the nation???? WOW

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 06:07 AM
It could be argued that Peterson is the best "cover" corner in the draft, but he excells at return game. Unfortunately we would have to actually stop a team and force a punt for Peterson to showcase those skills, which wont happen if we pick DB's instead of big men!

better days
02-28-2011, 08:04 AM
Zero sense to get the best CB in the nation???? WOW

Peterson may be the best CB in this draft, but that does not mean he will be the best CB in the nation in the NFL.

madness
02-28-2011, 08:50 AM
No warning flags going up for anybody that the general consensus is having trouble figuring out where the big three DL will go?

Huh.

SABURZFAN
02-28-2011, 02:46 PM
It could be argued that Peterson is the best "cover" corner in the draft, but he excells at return game. Unfortunately we would have to actually stop a team and force a punt for Peterson to showcase those skills, which wont happen if we pick DB's instead of big men!

i think a big man will drop to them in the 2nd round. i just feel Peterson can be a Day 1 starter and help with STs. that's what this team needs, not projects who we hope pan out. (see Maybin)

EDS
02-28-2011, 04:07 PM
i think a big man will drop to them in the 2nd round. i just feel Peterson can be a Day 1 starter and help with STs. that's what this team needs, not projects who we hope pan out. (see Maybin)

People said the same thing about Spiller.

Personally, I would hope the guy the team drafts with the third pick in the draft is good enough that he doesn't have to play special teams.

SABURZFAN
02-28-2011, 04:11 PM

Personally, I would hope the guy the team drafts with the third pick in the draft is good enough that he doesn't have to play special teams.

if he can contribute to make the special teams better, why wouldn't you? that's another part of this team that needs to get better as well.

cookie G
02-28-2011, 04:21 PM

I'm guessing a D7 player drafted at No. 3 could start for us day 1.

Our problem for the last decade has been one of "we can get one of them later". Well, we lucked out on Kyle Williams.

But what it has brought us is a history of Denney's, Kelsay's, Chris Ellis', Troupe's and trading up for John McCargo after passing on Ngata and Bunkley.

We've made it a secondary priority and it shows.

I'd hope a defense with one of the worst run defenses in recent NFL history would make it more of a priority.

There is plenty of big man talent at No. 3. They just have to take it this time, for a change.

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm guessing a D7 player drafted at No. 3 could start for us day 1.

Our problem for the last decade has been one of "we can get one of them later". Well, we lucked out on Kyle Williams.

But what it has brought us is a history of Denney's, Kelsay's, Chris Ellis', Troupe's and trading up for John McCargo after passing on Ngata and Bunkley.

We've made it a secondary priority and it shows.

I'd hope a defense with one of the worst run defenses in recent NFL history would make it more of a priority.

There is plenty of big man talent at No. 3. They just have to take it this time, for a change.

Great Post!!! Agree 100000% If we dont pick a DL we will surely have a shot at Luck next year, hey some of these posters may be on to something.