PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather have.....

Thief
02-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Both talented. Both have "character concerns". Some may feel 3rd is too high for Newton. Some may feel 33rd is too low for Mallett. Feel free to discuss (compare, explain, etc.).....

THRILLHO
02-25-2011, 09:35 PM
I cannot believe I am about to say this, but M. Kiper Jr made a good point that this would be a good year to take a QB so he can learn under R. Fitzpatrick. And this is Fitzpatrick's last year under contract. Take the QB, let Fitzy play, and see if Cam can play next year.

Luisito23
02-25-2011, 09:59 PM
I agree.

Thief
02-26-2011, 09:02 AM
I am kind of surprised so few people would like Mallett in the second rather than Cam in the first. Some of those scouts have Mallett ranked higher, and he was being talked about as a possible #1 pick not too long ago.

SABURZFAN
02-26-2011, 09:33 AM
none of the above

X-Era
02-26-2011, 09:38 AM
The best part about polls is thinking about where we are trying to head with them.

I mean we do realize that 100% of the fans here could be against drafting Cam Newton and the Bills could still do it.

BZ poll results ≠ Bills decisions.

Danny Duberstein
02-26-2011, 09:46 AM
idk, I don't really want either.

And "Character Concerns" is a pretty broad statement. Cam's character concerns are that he is potentially all about the money/celebrity. Mallett has questions about potential drug use. I don't know... I'd be more willing to forgive a guy who experimented with drugs in college, than a guy who will probably be looking for a huge payday, as soon as his rookie deal ends, and will probably want to go play in L.A. or NYC.

So I guess I'd have to say Neither, but if I was forced to take one, it would be Mallett.

On a side-note, "Character Concerns" aren't a deal-breaker for me by any means. Fairley has character concerns, because he plays dirty. When talking about D-Linemen, playing dirty is a PLUS, in my book. And Robert Quinn has character concerns because he paid somebody to write a paper for him in college (something I did a few times in college), and he accepted gifts from an agent (not really a big deal, in my opinion). Coincidentally, those two guys are #2 and #3 on my draft-board, after Darius.

jcdavey
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
personally i think mallett's going to be the best qb from this draft

Commissioner
02-26-2011, 10:02 AM
I guarantee the Bills won't draft Newton.

Buffalo Thriller
02-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Really? Are you an insider in the Bills FO?

bluerosekiller
02-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I like Jake Locker in round two over either of them.

Extremebillsfan247
02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Both talented. Both have "character concerns". Some may feel 3rd is too high for Newton. Some may feel 33rd is too low for Mallett. Feel free to discuss (compare, explain, etc.).....
Can you win with either of these QBs? I think you could. The question to me is which one of these QBs is more likely to do something stupid off the field to not only hurt himself but the team, via unwanted bad press, fines, suspensions, etc. These things matter. Cam Newton may have a lot of issues with character and poor judgment, but I've yet to hear any allegations of him testing dirty anywhere. Because of that, and knowing the consequences teams sometimes face with a player that has trouble staying clean, I'll have to take Newton at this time. JMO

lordofgun
02-27-2011, 06:48 PM
And I guarantee they will.