Those Obsessed With Skill (QB,WR,CB) Players For The Draft..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Those Obsessed With Skill (QB,WR,CB) Players For The Draft..

..Will be the first to complain when the Bills are getting run over in games, down by 10-14 points in the 2nd quarter. You're conclusion will be " Told you, we need better skill players "

Not saying Peterson, Green, Gabbert, Newton etc. are not worthy of high selections or void of top talent... But when your team is the absolute worst at stopping the run and rushing the passer, you have no chance of competing unless you have All-Pro players at multiple other positions with a HOF QB playing out of his mind. Peyton Manning overcame those odds one year but they still had some players on on an overall bad D. That's still the EXCEPTION. SB participants GB & Pittsburgh both have top QB's but their D's were the 2 best in football last year. Hardly a coincidence. That's what wins you close games and allows you to advance in the playoffs 98 % of the time. You cannot win constantly playing from behind.

The Bills lack star power to a level of an expansion team and Gailey was left an absolute mess. Expansion teams go for D first to stay in games, while the O comes around in 2-3 years. With Gailey running our O, I think it will come around far quicker. He's the best HC we've had in years.

This is still a 2 year minimum rebuild job and you load up on D Front 7 additions until it changes. Then you can focus on other areas. This draft seems to have an above average number of Front 7 talent, so it's a great opportunity to finally change the direction of this team.

I could care less what Peter King, Todd McShay or any other talking head who doesn't follow our team thinks. The Front 7 on D is priority #1. Those mock drafts mean nothing.

Hopefully our stubborn 92 year old owner, who is more concerned with marketing ploys over wins, will finally listen and contain his desire to meddle.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • alohabillsfan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Those Obsessed With Skill (QB,WR,CB) Players For The Draft..

Concur 100% DE/DT/LB

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I totally agree. The Bills 1st two priorities should be 1)Stop the run. 2)Get to the QB.

If they think a QB in the draft could be a franchise guy, I am good with that. Aside from that the Bills need to draft defense defense defense & from the front to the back.

Comment

• BrunnyJ
        • Dec 2005

100% right

So you think Brandon Spikes is Dirty?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

I'd like to order a Sapp please.

Last edited by justasportsfan; 02-26-2011, 10:37 AM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            If Dareus is anything like Sapp, I would love him. As a Bucs fan I loved to watch Sapp play on Sunday & I enjoyed listening to him on the radio during the week.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

DL in the 1st and OL in the 2nd.

1st-Dareus
              2nd-Sherrod (pray he drops)
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Dareus would the the smart pick.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

if people remember the coach on wgr

he had a saying if u have a chance to take a skilled 300 man u do.

the reasoning behind that is simple

how many 300 pound men are there in the first place

then how many of them are athletic

in the nfl you can look across the league the team with the most skilled 275 to 325 men are by far the best teams
                  Last edited by djjimkelly; 02-26-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• cookie G
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                    if people remember the coach on wgr

he had a saying if u have a chance to take a skilled 300 man u do.

the reasoning behind that is simple

how many 300 pound men are there in the first place

then how many of them are athletic

in the nfl you can look across the league the team with the most skilled 275 to 325 men are by far the best teams
                    Its called Planet Theory, coined by George Young of the Giants. It isn't just big guys though, it is big COMBINED with athleticism.

"there are only so many big men who can move on the planet. When one comes along, you better consider him."

The Bills have carried the Anti-Planet theory for the last decade.

"yeah, we can always find a good, big player later in the draft".

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I really want Dareus

“I’m a real nice guy,” he said. “Everybody I tackle I pretty much help them up. Then I tell them, ‘I’m coming after you on the next play.’ I like to have fun playing the game.”

sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

I should just save this stupid but completely correct statement.

"It all starts in the trenches"
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

I'm right there with you.

No skill players until the 6th round.... very suspect, but I woud like to see the Bills focus on the front 7 in a big way. 1. Marcel Dareus- DT, Alabama The Bills have been alluding to their wish to be able to toggle between a 34 and a 43 front. Dareus, besides being a well rounded DT, is versatile enough to play in both

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

I want the best player period for a team that has multiple holes.

If Patrick Peterson is that player, then that's who should be taken.

With all the holes this team has, one single draft ain't gonna fix it.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              I want the best player period for a team that has multiple holes.

If Patrick Peterson is that player, then that's who should be taken.

With all the holes this team has, one single draft ain't gonna fix it.
                              With all the holes on this team, an extra pick or two would help much more than Peterson.............Trade down.

Comment

Working...
                              X