PDA

View Full Version : A possible trade partner

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 04:24 PM
I thought this was an interesting bit of news considering that they still have Romo at QB. It has been made known just recently that Dallas has been interviewing Cam Newton. It's probably nothing but a formal thing. But, If he is there at 3, this team feels they don't like whats available at 3, but Dallas really likes Cam Newton, He could get drafted before them selecting at 9. There is slight potential to Dallas becoming a trade partner. It may be worth keeping an eye on. Your thoughts? Would you trade 6 spots down for more picks? or would you rather keep the pick and take somebody?

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Yes if the compensation is next year's 1st rounder or their 2nd rounder this year.

Oldbillsfan
02-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Throw in a 3rd too

JPFBillsFan
02-26-2011, 05:45 PM
I'd do it....this team is devoid of talent.....1 player (@3) won't turn us around....we need 3-5 #3s to turn this thing around....and that's just on DEFENSE!

Novacane
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd trade down. With our record drafting the more players we pick the better. Maybe one will actually turn out to be good.

wmoz11
02-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Funny, I came here to make a thread about this. I think it would be a great opportunity to stack some picks.

THATHURMANATOR
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
Right but Newton sucks right. Dallas actually has a pro bowl QB and they still want him. He couldn't help us at all though.....

better days
02-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Right but Newton sucks right. Dallas actually has a pro bowl QB and they still want him. He couldn't help us at all though.....

Well Jerry has been wrong before. Newton could be great or he could be a bust.

YardRat
02-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Ass-raping Jerry Jones out of draft picks and still getting a top ten guy is win-win.

Night Train
02-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Would you trade 6 spots down for more picks?

Absolutely, since the Suh franchise type player is nowhere to be found in this draft but it's loaded with tons of solid players who could contribute/start immediately.

Don't know about Dallas at #9 but Washington at #10 and Minny at #12 look like prime candidates to trade up for a QB. With the #3 pick valued at 2200 points, that returns an extra 2nd & 3rd ( if those teams have those picks ) in addition to swapping positions in Round 1. You don't pass up an offer like that. The Pats have 2 picks each in the first 3 rounds. If the Bills make a trade like that, they'll have extra picks in rounds 2-4. With multiple needs and a lack of a vet free agent offseason, that's an easy decision.

Then a top pass rusher like Quinn or Cam Jordan of Cal may very well be still sitting there in Round 1. I'd be happy as hell with that scenerio.

Hoping the phone rings and the Bills have the sense to listen.

Ginger Vitis
02-27-2011, 07:01 AM
I thought I had read somewhere that Romo would be included in any trade so if that is the case I would say no to Romo and demand picks from the Cowboys

trapezeus
02-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't want romo. Package him to the redskins or min. Whoever doesn't give us the most picks gets romo as a runner up prize.

Also what's the point equivalent in a 3 for 9?

dannyek71
02-28-2011, 07:36 AM
We will reach for a guy we could have gotten in the 2nd round and will trade up to the 1st pick to do it.

tampabay25690
02-28-2011, 08:34 AM
I think when all said in down with the NEW CBA..
There will be a ton of teams trying to get in the top 5.
Reason I say that is because the $$$$ for guarantee will probably be cut in half from what I think.....
That gives us a chance to get more draft picks which we all no we need....
We will see........

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 08:37 AM
I would straight up give the number 3 pick for an early 2nd round, it will save the embarassment of yet another 1st rd bust for the next 3 years.

PTI
03-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I would straight up give the number 3 pick for an early 2nd round, it will save the embarassment of yet another 1st rd bust for the next 3 years.

This is just crazy dumb talk. If you truly want this team to get better you have to at least have some level of confidence regardless of the past that they can hit a home run on this 3rd overall pick, that is the only way to really and truly get better. To trade because of embarrassment even in jest is just dumb. If people really feel that way they should be starting threads that the people in charge need to be fired yesterday.