PDA

View Full Version : If Dareus is there at 3

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 04:50 PM
We better ****** take him. Don't mess around with the Newton Peterson BS. Dareus is what we need, plug up the middle next to Kyle Williams and let our LBs and DEs pressure the QB. Suddenly our sack total will go up, even Maybin will have a chance to be better, our CBs will suddenly cover better, and Byrd will return to his 9 INT type rookie season.

Makes perfect sense.

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Could he move outside in a 3/4 and play DE? or is he not fast enough? Just wondering.

Bangarang
02-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Could he move outside in a 3/4 and play DE? or is he not fast enough? Just wondering.

He played DE at Bama. Don't see why not.

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 05:07 PM
He played DE at Bama. Don't see why not. Knowing that, and also knowing that the Bills are planning to run a sort of hybrid defense, I don't see how he isn't a perfect fit here in Buffalo. It seems to look like he would be our best option at 3 if there. There's no way we take Peterson over this guy. JMO

Dujek
02-26-2011, 05:39 PM
If Dareus is there at 3 you'd either have to be very brave or very stupid not to take him.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Hopefully Carolina totally falls in love with Newton, reaches for him at #1, Fairley/Green/Peterson goes at 2, then we're all set.

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Hopefully Carolina totally falls in love with Newton, reaches for him at #1, Fairley/Green/Peterson goes at 2, then we're all set.
I may be a little off on this but I still think Peterson to Denver at 2 is still possible and shouldn't be overlooked even though they resigned Bailey. I'm thinking Champ Bailey could be seen as a sort of mentor for Peterson. Having a veteran on hand with that level of talent and experience would be invaluable to him.

As far as Carolina is concerned, they would be really stretching their necks out by taking a QB from this years group with the number 1 pick. I see them going defense with the top pick. I think they would probably be our biggest adversary when it comes to Dareus. If they take Fairley, I think Dereus will be there at 3. JMO

Don't Panic
02-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Dareus is the ideal hybrid. He can get it done as the 4-3 DT or the 3-4 DE. Plus, I can't see him not being there at #3. Right now, if we had to put percentages on it, I'd say he has the greatest chance of becoming a Bill on draft day.

bigbub2352
02-26-2011, 07:54 PM
completely agree

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 08:13 PM
lol it's rare to see so many posters here agree on one topic. I gave this thread 5 stars.

Oaf
02-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Want this guy. A few are calling him the best stack-and-shedder available straight out of the box. Remember guys like Kelsay, and Poz?

Nighthawk
02-27-2011, 07:42 AM
I'd be totally OK with any of the DE/DTs being talked about at #3...

Night Train
02-27-2011, 07:52 AM
If the phone doesn't ring, I agree.

If it does ring with the Skins & Minny wanting to trade up for a QB ( meaning multiple extra picks for the Bills ), then we take the trade.

tomz
02-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Though I like Dareus at 3, I think Bowers (people seem to be forgetting about him) looks like he has an even more rounded game. Stout against the run, 15.5 sacks, size and speed.

I do not think we go wrong with either of those picks.

justasportsfan
02-27-2011, 10:21 AM
? or is he not fast enough? .

he can drop back and cover Lee Evans and run back to the LOS to sack the qb or tackle the rb for a loss.

k-oneputt
02-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Dareus is the obvious pick for ability and the Bills needs.

But this is the Bills. I've come to expect the " were smarter then you pick ".
And we all know how those have worked out.

Anything and anyone is possible we the Bills.

better days
02-27-2011, 10:51 AM
If the phone doesn't ring, I agree.

If it does ring with the Skins & Minny wanting to trade up for a QB ( meaning multiple extra picks for the Bills ), then we take the trade.

I just read on ProFootballTalk.com that the Bengals are looking to take a QB at #4. If the Bills do not want one at #3 they may be able to trade with a team that does.

It looks like QB's will go faster than they should because of need by so many teams. If the Bills do want one, they better grab him at #3 unless they have their eye on someone other than Newton or Gabbert.

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I agree with Night Train if the phone rings and its Dallas, Washington or anybody else in the top 12 wanting to move up you have to listen.

UNLESS Buddy Nix and Co. believe that Newton or Gabbert are franchise QB's. Then you tell the trade team no and get your QB.

Michael82
02-27-2011, 01:35 PM
I've been wanting Dareus for a while and he's perfect for our defense. I'd take him or Gabbert.

psubills62
02-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I agree with Night Train if the phone rings and its Dallas, Washington or anybody else in the top 12 wanting to move up you have to listen.

UNLESS Buddy Nix and Co. believe that Newton or Gabbert are franchise QB's. Then you tell the trade team no and get your QB.

I thought you didn't want to trade down?

I've been a fan of trading down for a while now. This is a draft that just doesn't seem to have many elite prospects, so why not trade down, pick up a good pick and grab a guy similar to who you'd take at #3? I'd really like to get another 2nd rounder, or even a future 1st.

tampabay25690
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM

His best fit is at DE in a 3-4 but could be a great fit in a rotation with Troup in a 4-3......Dareus is the most versatile out of the DL guys.........

If you go back and watch his Bowl game VS Mich St.......The guy was unreal......

mrbojanglezs
02-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I say either

dareus, quinn, bowers, or gabbert(if they think he is a franchise qb)

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 05:51 PM
His best fit is at DE in a 3-4 but could be a great fit in a rotation with Troup in a 4-3......Dareus is the most versatile out of the DL guys.........

If you go back and watch his Bowl game VS Mich St.......The guy was unreal......

No need to rotate him with Troup, Troup would and Dareus would likely start with KW rotating in on passing downs for Troup.

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I thought you didn't want to trade down?

I've been a fan of trading down for a while now. This is a draft that just doesn't seem to have many elite prospects, so why not trade down, pick up a good pick and grab a guy similar to who you'd take at #3? I'd really like to get another 2nd rounder, or even a future 1st.

Im not against it, but Im not an advocate for it either.

You always listen to an offer.

I just dont like this draft very much so a trade down for more picks doesnt make a ton of sense to me. After pick 50 its going to get really thin.

psubills62
02-27-2011, 05:56 PM

I just dont like this draft very much so a trade down for more picks doesnt make a ton of sense to me. After pick 50 its going to get really thin.

I'd have no problem with future picks, as long as they were valuable ones. If Washington was going to trade up, they'd almost have to give up future picks, as I don't think they have a 2nd or 3rd round pick, IIRC.

better days
02-28-2011, 08:14 AM

Todd McShay said just the opposite. He thinks more guys will be very good players deep in this draft than is usual. I heard that on ESPN First Draft Podcast.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-28-2011, 09:30 AM
dareus ran a 4.94 at 320lbs 1.6 10yd split

he is buy far the biggest guy out there... hes put together very well

k-oneputt
02-28-2011, 09:56 AM
dareus ran a 4.94 at 320lbs 1.6 10yd split

he is buy far the biggest guy out there... hes put together very well

He looks to be a good fit for the Bills. We will have to see if the Bills front office is gonna do their usual re-inventing of the wheel routine.

EDS
02-28-2011, 10:14 AM
No need to rotate him with Troup, Troup would and Dareus would likely start with KW rotating in on passing downs for Troup.

So all of a sudden two time pro bowler Kyle Williams is going to be backing up unproven Torrel Troup?

ublinkwescore
02-28-2011, 10:57 AM
count me in on the Dareus bandwagon.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-28-2011, 11:01 AM
this dareus scenario is so similar to the ngata pick, it was an easy pick and buffalo ****ed up...

DraftBoy
02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
So all of a sudden two time pro bowler Kyle Williams is going to be backing up unproven Torrel Troup?

Troup fits a need that Williams doesnt.

If we move to a 4-3, I want to see it back to when we had big boys plugging the middle, not skinny penetrators who can't hold the POA.

Williams has been good, but Id trade him in an instant with how ridiculous his value is.

DraftBoy
02-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Todd McShay said just the opposite. He thinks more guys will be very good players deep in this draft than is usual. I heard that on ESPN First Draft Podcast.

I respect McShay but I disagree. There are certainly prospects to be had, but this draft is thin.

psubills62
02-28-2011, 11:04 AM
I respect McShay but I disagree. There are certainly prospects to be had, but this draft is thin.

Any thoughts on next year's class, as far as we can tell right now?

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
It would be great if we traded with a team like Arizona so they could get in front of Cincy to take Newton, and Arizona ended up with #1 overall next year and we took Luck with it.

Wow. My **** is hard.

Mr. Miyagi
02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
It would be great if we traded with a team like Arizona so they could get in front of Cincy to take Newton, and Arizona ended up with #1 overall next year and we took Luck with it.

Wow. My **** is hard.
Oh yeah, then since we only dropped 2 spots, Dareus still fell to us at 5.

I just creamed my pants.

cookie G
02-28-2011, 11:11 AM

No, of course not. That's crazy talk.

Don't worry, if Wanny has any say in the matter, he'll know how to use them both.

DraftBoy
02-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Any thoughts on next year's class, as far as we can tell right now?

Nope, too much time still for players to progress/regress before we know anything.

better days
02-28-2011, 11:59 AM

McShay thinks the draft is thin as far as great players go, but very deep for very good to solid players.

Mayock said he had a 1st rnd grade on 12 DL players. That would provide a DL player to over a third of the league.

If they are both right, that means the Bills could still get a great DL player, a very good player & maybe a very good to solid player by trading down a bit for the cost of the #3 pick.

I would take that over Peterson or Green anytime.

justasportsfan
02-28-2011, 12:04 PM

teams already have to account for KW. With Dareus beside him , a healthy Merriman (not keeping my hopes up though) we may not need to send db's to blitz.

EDS
02-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Troup fits a need that Williams doesnt.

If we move to a 4-3, I want to see it back to when we had big boys plugging the middle, not skinny penetrators who can't hold the POA.

Williams has been good, but Id trade him in an instant with how ridiculous his value is.

Troup potentially fits a need, but he is not there yet.

If the Bills were to go to a 4-3, something I would probably endorse given the current personnel, I would probably take Bowers at 3 if he were available.

SABURZFAN
02-28-2011, 04:14 PM

:bf1:

ublinkwescore
03-05-2011, 04:46 PM
bump!!!

mrbojanglezs
03-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Ya I hope dareus falls to us as well, Im not as high on nick fairley

ublinkwescore
03-06-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't want Fairley - someone said he's got bust written all over him.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-06-2011, 11:52 AM
gabbert all the way for me. im not cryin if we pick d but i really want a gabbert. I know, I know we need d but we need sooooooo much anyway that as long as they dont pick a CB or Punter or RB Im prob going to be cool with whoever they pick

ublinkwescore
03-06-2011, 12:31 PM
gabbert all the way for me. im not cryin if we pick d but i really want a gabbert. I know, I know we need d but we need sooooooo much anyway that as long as they dont pick a CB or Punter or RB Im prob going to be cool with whoever they pick

And as long as they don't take the "let's think outside the box" path.

THATHURMANATOR
03-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Defensive tackles don't win championships....

ublinkwescore
03-06-2011, 05:16 PM
but defensive tackles do make good defenses great, and Defense wins championships.

cookie G
03-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Defensive tackles don't win championships....

mmmm, not too sure about that.

Casey Hampton
Seymour, later Wilfork
Sapp-McFarland
Adams-Siragusa (sp.)
Stubblefield-Bryant
Maryland-Casillas-Lett
Michael Carter
Dan Hampton-Steve McMichael
Randy White
Joe Greene- whomever they wanted to put next to him.

Most SB winners were pretty stout up the middle on D. And in many of those D's, (Steelers with Joe Greene, Bears with Hampton, Dallas with Maryland and TB with Sapp), the DT was the first building block of the D.

alohabillsfan
03-07-2011, 06:18 AM
mmmm, not too sure about that.

Casey Hampton
Seymour, later Wilfork
Sapp-McFarland
Adams-Siragusa (sp.)
Stubblefield-Bryant
Maryland-Casillas-Lett
Michael Carter
Dan Hampton-Steve McMichael
Randy White
Joe Greene- whomever they wanted to put next to him.

Most SB winners were pretty stout up the middle on D. And in many of those D's, (Steelers with Joe Greene, Bears with Hampton, Dallas with Maryland and TB with Sapp), the DT was the first building block of the D.

Cookie, right on. We need Defensive help and it all starts with the big men.