PDA

View Full Version : The more I read about him, the more I don't like him

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Newton sounds more and more like a moron to me.

On his journey over the last year: “I’m talking to you guys and to know that 365 days ago I was attending class at Auburn. Even the Auburn fans didn’t know what they were getting. It’s a wonder what God can do in a person’s life … this fast.”

On confidence versus cockiness: “I’m a confident person. It was instilled in me at a young age to believe in myself first and foremost. Because if I don’t believe in myself, who do I expect to believe in myself?”

On the transition from the spread offense: “Obviously, everybody knows that Cam has been in a spread offense and I have been trying to work as much as possible on trying to be fluid.”

On his place in the scheme of things: “One guy had mentioned it in a meeting, he said the NFL doesn’t owe anybody nothing. With Cam Newton or without, the NFL will be.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/26/more-nuggets-from-saturday-with-cam-newton/

Sounds like Jason Peters' kind of dumbness.

Luisito23
02-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Stop hating yo, it's getting old...

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 06:43 PM
I can if I want to.

Thief
02-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Get over it. Or, at least, put it in the scouting zone. Or the smack zone. Or the spin zone.

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 07:09 PM
It's not smack. I'm entitled to my opinion.

I've seen threads about how Cam is great. I deal with it.

Figster
02-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Cam Newton interviews Ryan Mallet at the combine (funny)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine-total-access/09000d5d81e80cba/Role-reversal

Mr. Miyagi
02-26-2011, 08:21 PM
What an entertainer.

Buffalo Thriller
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
You will suck cam newtons balls if he wins football games for us.

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 08:30 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/26/more-nuggets-from-saturday-with-cam-newton/

Sounds like Jason Peters' kind of dumbness.Not all QBs are going to be grammatically sound. lol As long as he is loud enough in the huddle to be heard, and can play his game, who cares how he speaks? JMO

ublinkwescore
02-26-2011, 09:31 PM
hell, I'll even give the guy a reach around if he starts and wins games for us. (Ok, no I won't... I'd rather see us lose then have to honor such words).

psubills62
02-26-2011, 09:39 PM
One NFL head coach told SI.com that he is very concerned with Auburn QB Cam Newton's recent comments about being an "entertainer and an icon."

"That really turned me off," said the coach. "That's exactly the wrong message to send. You want your quarterback to be the exact opposite of a guy who's interested in something like that. I can't believe he'd actually say something like that, but that's a guy I want no part of." NFL Network's Brian Billick also believes that Newton's comments were a huge red flag. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6491/cam-newton

justasportsfan
02-26-2011, 10:47 PM
You can be confident without blabbing about how you're an icon especially when you've never taken a single snap in the pro's. Not even Peyton yapped about himself. What happens if he doesn't start right away , will he say "you dont bench an icon, an icon should be playing from day one"?I realize this guy has talent but I can see how he'd be a teams media nightmare. IMO, he'd be the Rex Ryan of the qb's.

SquishDaFish
02-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Can I reduce my pick of his Wonderlic score? I want to really lower that number now LOL

better days
02-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Can I reduce my pick of his Wonderlic score? I want to really lower that number now LOL

He sounds like he is closer to a 10 than a 20 on the wonderlic.

YardRat
02-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Crash and burn, baby.

Hope he does it on somebody else's dime, and not ours.

X-Era
02-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Not that sharp. But I did like the positive outlook, and he seemed much more humble than I would have anticipated. He's confident. I didn't pick up on him being arrogant. I also like his attitude and approach. I think he's taking this as an honor, not an entitlement.

Nighthawk
02-27-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm not an advocate of taking Newton at #3, but the people who don't want it to happen are acting pretty funny. Next thing you know, people will be picking on how he wears his uniform...

X-Era
02-27-2011, 07:48 AM
I'm not an advocate of taking Newton at #3, but the people who don't want it to happen are acting pretty funny. Next thing you know, people will be picking on how he wears his uniform...It's more of the same. People who don't like him or don't want the pick will spin any info against him, people who are for him will spin it in a positive light.

The 3 pick is very important for our future, it's tough to be unbiased.

Nighthawk
02-27-2011, 07:52 AM
It's more of the same. People who don't like him or don't want the pick will spin any info against him, people who are for him will spin it in a positive light.

The 3 pick is very important for our future, it's tough to be unbiased.

Oh, I get that and I hate the idea of taking a CB at that position, but not really because of the player, but because I don't think CBs are that impactful without the appropriate front seven...which the Bills don't have. However, I'm not starting threads about how we shouldn't take him...uggh...

Mr. Miyagi
02-27-2011, 09:07 AM
You will suck cam newtons balls if he wins football games for us.
Totally true. If for some reason we drafted him, after I scream and yell and cry and threaten to disown my team, and he unexpectedly (by me) starts winning games for us and turn us into a playoff team, I will turn around and support him.

The point is, I don't think he can, and that's why I don't want him.

tomz
02-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Sounds like Jason Peters' kind of dumbness.

Come on man. This is probably in the top quartile of intelligence in the NFL. You have heard Jim Kelly speak, right? Give me a break. I am neither pro nor anti Newton but this takes nitpicking to new heights.