X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGreg
    • Jan 2006

Interesting Question

OK, lets pretend for a moment. Lets say that every player in the league was average. A 5 out of 10. There were no "franchise quarterbacks" or "Franchise offensive or defensive Tackles" and so forth. EVERY player at their assigned position was equal in talent. With this being said at the end of a 16 game season every team would finish with the same record, 8-8.

The bills could select only one player out of this draft. No other team would draft.

Which player would help the Bills improve the most over the next 4 years and why?
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Re: Interesting Question

It wouldn't matter because in your hypothetical every team finishes 8-8.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• DGreg
      • Jan 2006

U R missing the point. We would be the only team with an "above average" player

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DGreg
        OK, lets pretend for a moment. Lets say that every player in the league was average. A 5 out of 10. There were no "franchise quarterbacks" or "Franchise offensive or defensive Tackles" and so forth. EVERY player at their assigned position was equal in talent. With this being said at the end of a 16 game season every team would finish with the same record, 8-8.

The bills could select only one player out of this draft. No other team would draft.

Which player would help the Bills improve the most over the next 4 years and why?
        In my opinion that player would be Marcell Dareus because of his experience and versatility on the defensive line which would allow you to run a pretty effective hybrid type defense.

Comment

• Thief
          • Sep 2009

U R missing the point. We would be the only team with an "above average" player
          What is the point? Where are you going with this?

Comment

• Nighthawk
            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
            • Jul 2002

The answer is that a QB is really the only position in your hypothetical that would give a team a significant advantage. The QB is the most important position on any team...there is no arguing that. I get what you're trying to do, but it's not really working with the way you laid it out.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
              Making Spirits Bright
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BidsJr
              It wouldn't matter because in your hypothetical every team finishes 8-8.
              Wouldn't everyone finish 0-0-16?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

I like this scenario. We've moved up from the league's third worst team to tied for first and we get a pick. I still have no idea who would should take though.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

easy AJ Green.

Homerun Hitter. In this scenario with no clear cut Franchise QBs available and no absolute no brainers on Defense like Bruce Smith, Peppers, Suh, AJ Green puts us over the top in your hypothetical league.

Comment

Working...
                  X