PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Question

DGreg
02-26-2011, 07:41 PM
OK, lets pretend for a moment. Lets say that every player in the league was average. A 5 out of 10. There were no "franchise quarterbacks" or "Franchise offensive or defensive Tackles" and so forth. EVERY player at their assigned position was equal in talent. With this being said at the end of a 16 game season every team would finish with the same record, 8-8.

The bills could select only one player out of this draft. No other team would draft.

Which player would help the Bills improve the most over the next 4 years and why?

BidsJr
02-26-2011, 07:55 PM
It wouldn't matter because in your hypothetical every team finishes 8-8.

DGreg
02-26-2011, 07:56 PM
U R missing the point. We would be the only team with an "above average" player

Extremebillsfan247
02-26-2011, 09:13 PM
OK, lets pretend for a moment. Lets say that every player in the league was average. A 5 out of 10. There were no "franchise quarterbacks" or "Franchise offensive or defensive Tackles" and so forth. EVERY player at their assigned position was equal in talent. With this being said at the end of a 16 game season every team would finish with the same record, 8-8.

The bills could select only one player out of this draft. No other team would draft.

Which player would help the Bills improve the most over the next 4 years and why? In my opinion that player would be Marcell Dareus because of his experience and versatility on the defensive line which would allow you to run a pretty effective hybrid type defense.

Thief
02-27-2011, 10:48 AM
U R missing the point. We would be the only team with an "above average" playerWhat is the point? Where are you going with this?

Nighthawk
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
The answer is that a QB is really the only position in your hypothetical that would give a team a significant advantage. The QB is the most important position on any team...there is no arguing that. I get what you're trying to do, but it's not really working with the way you laid it out.

Joe Fo Sho
02-27-2011, 10:59 AM
It wouldn't matter because in your hypothetical every team finishes 8-8.

Wouldn't everyone finish 0-0-16?

Bill Cody
02-27-2011, 11:42 AM

I like this scenario. We've moved up from the league's third worst team to tied for first and we get a pick. I still have no idea who would should take though.

Mad Max
02-27-2011, 12:34 PM
easy AJ Green.

Homerun Hitter. In this scenario with no clear cut Franchise QBs available and no absolute no brainers on Defense like Bruce Smith, Peppers, Suh, AJ Green puts us over the top in your hypothetical league.