PDA

View Full Version : cam newton at combine

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:21 PM
just watched him deliver 4 deep balls not one was close

0-4

turn on the combine and if what u see makes you think the bills should even consider him at 3.

then your clueless

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:22 PM
10 yard speed out to the right is next

update deep left

cam newton 0-4 and badly

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
just a bit high and outside lol

send me what your smoking if you think hes the bills pick!

cookie G
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
His first 2 speed outs were brutal

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:26 PM
His first 2 speed outs were brutal

thats almost an understatement

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 12:26 PM
He's struggling with his drop backs.

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 12:27 PM
Ponder looks solid though!

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Ponder looks solid though!

yeah he actually does 2nd or 3rd round but i dont think the bills should draft a qb this year

Mike
02-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I remember the year we drafted Lossman, many on this site wanted Matt Shuab instead. He was a projected 3rd rounder and really panned out.

Ponder is starting to remind me of Shuan in that way. A 3rd rounder that may really pan out...

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
he finally had 1 nice throw followed by brutal throw into the stands

then he went safe on the deep out to the right.

not looking good

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 12:35 PM
yeah he actually does 2nd or 3rd round but i dont think the bills should draft a qb this year

Why the hell not?

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:39 PM
this guy is gonna be a bigger bust the jamarcus russel

that will make him an icon a bigger bust the ryan leaf and jamarcuss russel

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Why the hell not?

honestly of all these guy im seeing today hes the only one id have an interest in.

add in he was a pro style offense

i wouldnt be surprised if we took him in the 3rd

our 2nd rounder is like an extra 1 were gonna get a serious player at that spot not a qb

Buffalo Thriller
02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Kaepernick has impressed me more than anyone.

NOT THE DUDE...
02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
blaine gabbert or dline, ie dareus, fairley, bowers, quinn

bluerosekiller
02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
I really try not to be be the judgmental type & I'm well aware of what he accomplished in college ball, but there's just something that I don't like about the guy & the way he's carried himself at the combine. I don't want the Bills to go near him.

Slim
02-27-2011, 01:40 PM

I don' think anyone could be a bigger bust than Jmarc. I mean really. Russell didn't even finish out his rookie contract and is out of the league.

tampabay25690
02-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Im laughing watching your posts......

tampabay25690
02-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Kaepernick has impressed me more than anyone.

Like this kid alot.
My 1st mock I have him going to the Bills in the 3rd round.
The more and more Im seeing all the talent I think he is gone in the 2nd round....
If the Bills went Defense with the 3rd pick I owuld be fine with them going Kaepernick with the next. Let him groom for a year or 2 under Fitz......
Has all the tools to work in a Chan Gailey system and has a great arm for the Buffalo weather....

Extremebillsfan247
02-27-2011, 02:31 PM
just watched him deliver 4 deep balls not one was close

0-4

turn on the combine and if what u see makes you think the bills should even consider him at 3.

then your cluelessYou do know that the QB throws at the combine are not about accuracy right? They're about footwork and throwing mechanics.

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 02:34 PM
You do know that the QB throws at the combine are not about accuracy right? They're about footwork and throwing mechanics.

Yeah, his footwork was the problem.

djjimkelly
02-27-2011, 02:37 PM
You do know that the QB throws at the combine are not about accuracy right? They're about footwork and throwing mechanics.

u do know that the footwork and whatever can be anything it wants

however the passes need to be in the field of play

his throws were by far the worst of the entire qb group

Extremebillsfan247
02-27-2011, 02:58 PM
u do know that the footwork and whatever can be anything it wants

however the passes need to be in the field of play

his throws were by far the worst of the entire qb groupWhat scouts are looking for when these QBs throw the ball are velocity of and spin on the ball once it leaves the QBs hand. Just saying.

After going back and reviewing his throws, he wasn't bad at all. In fact Newton did a lot better than I originally thought he would coming from a spread offense. I'm no scout but what I've noticed is that He has a tendency to drop back, and then hesitate before throwing the ball which leaves him flat footed on a lot of those throws. I saw something similar to that in his game against Oregon in the BCS championship game. It's something I see that I think he might need to work on. Other than that, he did just fine in my opinion.

djjimkelly
02-28-2011, 12:13 AM
What scouts are looking for when these QBs throw the ball are velocity of and spin on the ball once it leaves the QBs hand. Just saying.

After going back and reviewing his throws, he wasn't bad at all. In fact Newton did a lot better than I originally thought he would coming from a spread offense. I'm no scout but what I've noticed is that He has a tendency to drop back, and then hesitate before throwing the ball which leaves him flat footed on a lot of those throws. I saw something similar to that in his game against Oregon in the BCS championship game. It's something I see that I think he might need to work on. Other than that, he did just fine in my opinion.

sorry those throws are supposed to be to a spot they were not close

i dont have a clue what you are watching

yes they are watching footwork but this isnt dancing school if u cant throw the ball the bills aren't tangoing on sundays id rather fitz then newton

Prov401
02-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Mallett looked the best.

X-Era
02-28-2011, 05:45 AM
The only thing that showed me was that he will need to work on his footwork for the 3, 5, and 7 step drops. That's not anything we didn't already know.

Jeff1220
02-28-2011, 06:26 AM
PFT ran an article quoting his in an interview w/NFLN where Cam was blaming the WRs for being slow.

I used to be pretty open, even a bit for, drafting Cam Newton. But the more he opens his mouth, and I find out about this guy, the more I want the Bills to stay far far away.

Extremebillsfan247
02-28-2011, 03:09 PM
sorry those throws are supposed to be to a spot they were not close

i dont have a clue what you are watching

yes they are watching footwork but this isnt dancing school if u cant throw the ball the bills aren't tangoing on sundays id rather fitz then newtonIf a QB has a problem with his footwork, he isn't going to be very accurate with his throws. It's common sense.

Ingtar33
02-28-2011, 07:09 PM
PFT ran an article quoting his in an interview w/NFLN where Cam was blaming the WRs for being slow.

I used to be pretty open, even a bit for, drafting Cam Newton. But the more he opens his mouth, and I find out about this guy, the more I want the Bills to stay far far away.

if he said that you'd have to have brain damage to consider drafting him.

X-Era
02-28-2011, 07:19 PM
if he said that you'd have to have brain damage to consider drafting him.He didn't.

Listen for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d81e84228/Newton-discusses-his-combine

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Dont worry about it, we dont need to draft a QB at #3.

X-Era
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Dont worry about it, we dont need to draft a QB at #3.Not when your starting Ryan FitzManning.

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 07:33 PM
Not when your starting Ryan FitzManning.

Sorry but there is not a QB in the draft that is help us stop the run, which is far and away a bigger need than QB period. Drafting Gabbert or Newton will set this franchise back 3 more years, both have issues.

X-Era
02-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry but there is not a QB in the draft that is help us stop the run, which is far and away a bigger need than QB period. Drafting Gabbert or Newton will set this franchise back 3 more years, both have issues.A 2nd round or beyond player can't help stop the run? And missing on one pick screws up the rest of that draft and the next two as well?

scartown
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
Sounds like he didn't interview too well.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27699509

X-Era
02-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Sounds like he didn't interview too well.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27699509The teams make the decisions, and if we sour on him based on his character, I don't want him.

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 07:43 PM
A 2nd round or beyond player can't help stop the run? And missing on one pick screws up the rest of that draft and the next two as well?

Yes because if that QB fails it will take 3 years to get rid of him ala, JP, Trent, etc...

Stick with Fitz and build a dominate defense, that means using picks #3, #34, #68, and possibly #99 and 121.

This team needs it!

X-Era
02-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Yes because if that QB fails it will take 3 years to get rid of him ala, JP, Trent, etc...

Stick with Fitz and build a dominate defense, that means using picks #3, #34, #68, and possibly #99 and 121.

This team needs it!Theoretically, it takes 1 pick to replace him. I can't understand why you wouldn't rather do both. Spend every other pick on the defense and you can end up in almost the same place.

Your way, we have a limited offense, and have to pray that we will get a top 5 defense.

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 08:23 PM
Theoretically, it takes 1 pick to replace him. I can't understand why you wouldn't rather do both. Spend every other pick on the defense and you can end up in almost the same place.

Your way, we have a limited offense, and have to pray that we will get a top 5 defense.

I know alot of zoners dont like Fitz, but please look at all the other QB's in the league.
He may not be a rockstar but I would like to put a better defense on the field and see what we can do.

djjimkelly
02-28-2011, 08:58 PM
If a QB has a problem with his footwork, he isn't going to be very accurate with his throws. It's common sense.

the number 3 pick needs to be a complete player

thats all im saying round 2 pick 3 i still wouldnt pick him but would get it.

X-Era
03-01-2011, 05:47 AM
I know alot of zoners dont like Fitz, but please look at all the other QB's in the league.
He may not be a rockstar but I would like to put a better defense on the field and see what we can do.So would I, we can do both.

better days
03-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Theoretically, it takes 1 pick to replace him. I can't understand why you wouldn't rather do both. Spend every other pick on the defense and you can end up in almost the same place.

Conversly if the Bills draft Newton or any QB at #3, they are going to miss out on a player that could have been a big part of the defense for maybe the next 10 years. Chances are the Bills can get a QB in the 2nd or even 3rd that has a career as good, maybe even better than Newton or Gabbert.

Your way if the Bills draft Newton or another QB at #3, pray that QB is worth the pick because if not, the Bills will have missed out on a potentially great defensive player they could have had.

The draft is supposed to be deep, but not for great players. There are very few of those in this draft according to the experts. At #3 the Bills could get one of the few great players in the draft or trade down & get a few very good players. It would be very costly to draft a QB that does not pan out IMO.