PDA

View Full Version : Source: Darcy Regier told the club he has no plans to move Connolly :fail:

JD
02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
:dizzy:
Maybe it wasn't Quinn, afterall.

At least one team has been rebuffed in its attempt to acquire Sabres center Tim Connolly, with a source saying GM Darcy Regier told the club he has no plans to move the pending unrestricted free agent.

"The players you get inquiries on are the players that will be unrestricted next year," Regier said Saturday. "A number of those players have moved, but again our focus is more on buying than it is on selling given where we are in the standings. We want to add to this team as opposed to lessen our chances."

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/connolly-untouchable.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fsabres+%28Sabres+Edge%29

:rofl: @ 90% wanting Connolly traded

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 02:29 PM
:dizzy:
Maybe it wasn't Quinn, afterall.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/connolly-untouchable.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fsabres+%28Sabres+Edge%29

:rofl: @ 90% wanting Connolly traded
That didn't say he wouldn't move him just that he has no plans. As much as I want him gone I wouldn't trade him for a 6th or 7th either. On this team, for better or worse, he is the best center they have.

Michael82
02-27-2011, 02:40 PM
If a bunch of teams are inquiring about him, I hope Darcy sells him to the highest bidder...even if it's just a draft pick.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 02:56 PM
If a bunch of teams are inquiring about him, I hope Darcy sells him to the highest bidder...even if it's just a draft pick.
IF. The blog said one team.

Michael82
02-27-2011, 04:42 PM
IF. The blog said one team.
Then fine...they can have him for a draft pick or a bag of pucks. I don't care. Either way, I'm sick of Timmy and I want him gone.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Then fine...they can have him for a draft pick or a bag of pucks. I don't care. Either way, I'm sick of Timmy and I want him gone.
((Can't believe I am saying this))

And if getting rid of him now, instead of letting him walk at the end of the year, weakens the teams chances of making the playoffs, then what?

Michael82
02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
((Can't believe I am saying this))

And if getting rid of him now, instead of letting him walk at the end of the year, weakens the teams chances of making the playoffs, then what?
Do you honestly believe that this is a playoff team? And if they finally get past Carolina, what are the chances they aren't just one and done? If they can't get a solid player to help them in the playoff push, then I hope they trade Connolly, Niedermeyer and anyone else that they don't plan on having on the team next year for some draft picks and/or young players.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Do you honestly believe that this is a playoff team? And if they finally get past Carolina, what are the chances they aren't just one and done? If they can't get a solid player to help them in the playoff push, then I hope they trade Connolly, Niedermeyer and anyone else that they don't plan on having on the team next year for some draft picks and/or young players.
What is the goal? Making the playoffs? Winning a round? Making it look good and coming in 9th? If you make the playoffs don't you want to have a chance to win a round?

Again, I don't want him here but if your goal is to make the playoffs are you a better team with TC regardless if you get a Richards or a Stastny rather than a draft pick or a "bag of pucks"? Are you looking for an upgrade or an addition? An addition makes you go further, no? And then who do you replace him with?? Luke Adam? That might be more of a liability in the playoffs.

SabreEleven
02-27-2011, 07:55 PM
Wouldn't saying that you are trying trade him lowers his trade value?

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't saying that you trying trade lower his trade value?
Saying, "yup, we want him out of here for a bag of pucks", would.