PDA

View Full Version : Newton can't handle D2 Speed

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/27/frustrated-cam-newton-admits-i-underestimated-the-timing/

“I underestimated the timing aspect of playing quarterback,” Newton told NFL Network. “You had receivers from the SEC, the SWAC, the MAC. . . . I was somewhat frustrated, but at the same time, I was having fun out there.”

No worries Cam, next time we wont have you throw to the deep burners like Ricardo Lockette (4.35) and Edmund Gates (4.35) and just throw to guys like Darvin Adams (4.56) since they are more you're pace.

And yes Im just messing with him overall, so don't freak out on me k-oneputt.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 08:27 PM
the MAC??

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 08:33 PM
the MAC??

He doesnt know what conferences were out there. Since you know a grand-total of 0 WR's from the MAC got a combine invite.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 08:35 PM
He doesnt know what conferences were out there. Since you know a grand-total of 0 WR's from the MAC got a combine invite.
Even if they did, would he be that impressed by them to note that conference? I think he needs to stop talking before people figure out that he might not be so smart.

Mahdi
02-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I think Cam needs to be careful, I'm a fan of his but I saw a few reactions when the pass wasn't completed that can easily be construed as blaming the WRs. He's giving himself a bad image. He wants to prove so bad that he is a good thrower that when things didn't go well he deflected blame.

I was all for drafting him at 3 but I'm not so sure anymore. He would have to do something special to convince me.

I would be happy to draft a QB in round 3.

Bangarang
02-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Cam is perfect. Nothing is ever his fault. He's an icon. How dare those receivers purposely make him look bad. Poor Cam, he's used to having receivers 12 feet tall catching passes at Auburn.

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Even if they did, would he be that impressed by them to note that conference? I think he needs to stop talking before people figure out that he might not be so smart.

I just dont understand why he said what he said. Just seemed rather immature and quite stupid if you ask me.

Is it going to hurt him? No of course not, but for a guy who has done so much right PR wise to right now, it seems like he is turning the corner on overly confident.

Stay humble young man.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I just dont understand why he said what he said. Just seemed rather immature and quite stupid if you ask me.

Is it going to hurt him? No of course not, but for a guy who has done so much right PR wise to right now, it seems like he is turning the corner on overly confident.

Stay humble young man.
It also seems like he didn't take five seconds to meet these guys and talk to them or learn anything about them. I know that they are busy and are on a schedule but...

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
It also seems like he didn't take five seconds to meet these guys and talk to them or learn anything about them. I know that they are busy and are on a schedule but...

Not totally his fault, he is kept within his QB group aside from throwing to the WR's.

Just if its me, I know who is going to be there WR wise. You know easily who can run and who can't. So if you're throwing to an Edmund Gates (WR-ACU) you need know he's a sub 4.4 guy already so be ready to chuck it.

Ebenezer
02-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Not totally his fault, he is kept within his QB group aside from throwing to the WR's.

Just if its me, I know who is going to be there WR wise. You know easily who can run and who can't. So if you're throwing to an Edmund Gates (WR-ACU) you need know he's a sub 4.4 guy already so be ready to chuck it.
That's what I'm saying. He didn't do his homework - that speaks of film study, playbook study, prep, etc. That's an instant failure.

Mahdi
02-27-2011, 09:01 PM

Actually all his deep balls were about 2 feet too long, none fell short. From a scouting point of view it's not necessarily his fault, sometimes the wr slowed up which cost him a completion. He just needs to know that the incompletions are not a big deal at all and there's just no need to talk about the frustration and insinuating that someone else is to blame.

DraftBoy
02-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Actually all his deep balls were about 2 feet too long, none fell short. From a scouting point of view it's not necessarily his fault, sometimes the wr slowed up which cost him a completion. He just needs to know that the incompletions are not a big deal at all and there's just no need to talk about the frustration and insinuating that someone else is to blame.

That's not entirely true, for example his first deep ball was about 5 feet short and about 6 feet to the inside. The throw is supposed to be to his outside shoulder.

Thief
02-28-2011, 06:23 AM
The same guys that said the combine was pointless will be the same guys to jump all over this saying it proves he sucks.

Beebe's Kid
02-28-2011, 06:42 AM
The same guys that said the combine was pointless will be the same guys to jump all over this saying it proves he sucks.

Same guys that said he will look good at the combine, will be the same guys to say that it's not real game, and despite looking bad, that he is the second coming.

better days
02-28-2011, 07:51 AM
I still think the wonderlic & interviews will matter much more than Sunday for Newton. If he does well in those & has a good Pro Day he will be fine, but if he does not do well in those, he will most likely drop no matter how well he does on his Pro Day.

k-oneputt
02-28-2011, 07:55 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/27/frustrated-cam-newton-admits-i-underestimated-the-timing/

No worries Cam, next time we wont have you throw to the deep burners like Ricardo Lockette (4.35) and Edmund Gates (4.35) and just throw to guys like Darvin Adams (4.56) since they are more you're pace.

And yes Im just messing with him overall, so don't freak out on me k-oneputt.

That must be a jab at the conference that wins the NC every year.

I never wanted Newton anyways. Locker or Mallett.

trapezeus
02-28-2011, 08:01 AM
if you can't handle the stress of the combine, you probably won't be able to handle the stress of the playoffs or even the games that make you a playoff team.

The more i hear, the more the red flags flap in the wind. Really need to pass on this guy.

SaviorEdwards
03-01-2011, 12:50 AM
the receivers would have had to be 12-14 feet tall to catch some of his square out pattern throws. :tobykeith