• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Gabbert won the interview segment

According to teams Casserly talked to. And he is the clear #1 guy to many of those teams. You can't find out how much a guy knows about defenses and offenses from watching tape, I'm glad to hear that he's got a strong football mind. The mental markup piece may be the most important. If the guy has the brains, talent to throw the football, leadership, and motivation to be great, I can easily see Gailey developing him.

Everyone knows I'm a huge fan. I like everything I see from him. I expect him to do real well in the Wonderlic, and show up real strong at his pro-day.

Watch the video:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
    Last edited by X-Era; 02-28-2011, 05:57 AM.

• Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Gabbert won the interview segment

Originally posted by X-Era
    According to teams Casserly talked to. And he is the clear #1 guy to many of those teams. You can't find out how much a guy knows about defenses and offenses from watching tape, I'm glad to hear that he's got a strong football mind. The mental markup piece may be the most important. If the guy has the brains, talent to throw the football, leadership, and motivation to be great, I can easily see Gailey developing him.

Everyone knows I'm a huge fan. I like everything I see from him. I expect him to do real well in the Wonderlic, and show up real strong at his pro-day.

Watch the video:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/27/mall...e=HP_spotlight
    Mental makeup is huge. That's whey having the guy we have now form that community college in Cambridge will just never work out.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era

Watch the video:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/02/27/mall...e=HP_spotlight
      I thought you were a huge fan of Newton.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
        • Sep 2003

What the hell ever happen to on field production?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

It doesn't matter. We're not going to take him at #3. Of course unless we luck out and find a trade partner and drop down to 8 or so to take him. Even then I'm very skeptical.

You don't have a chance to pick this high every year (hopefully). Get a stud Dlineman for the next 10 years.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
            • Sep 2003

Maybe instead of playing the Patriots next year we can roll out Gabbert and debate them?

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

he only had 16 tds and 9 picks.. all year.

no way. if he was such a brilliant mind at reading defenses, why didnt he produce more. im not a huge newton fan, but newton eclipsed gabberts numbers in like 9 quarters of football. his numbers are very average.

with the number 3 pick i am looking for a guy who has it all.. production against top competition, a winner, a leader, an athlete, a guy that stands out.. i just dont see gabbert as that at all.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bangarang
                • Sep 2010

Blaine Gabbert = Matt Ryan 2.0

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  It doesn't matter. We're not going to take him at #3. Of course unless we luck out and find a trade partner and drop down to 8 or so to take him. Even then I'm very skeptical.

You don't have a chance to pick this high every year (hopefully). Get a stud Dlineman for the next 10 years.

This argument is rediculas. If he is good enough to be drafted 8th as a QB, he is good enough to be drafted 3rd.
                  "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

I still want Marcell Dareus if he's there at 3.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

He's only good enough to be drafted 8th because he's the first available QB. Where he gets drafted and were he should be drafted are two different things.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                        • Sep 2002

Either quarterback available at #3 would be somewhat a risk. That's why we have to go for a DL - period.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          he only had 16 tds and 9 picks.. all year.

no way. if he was such a brilliant mind at reading defenses, why didnt he produce more. im not a huge newton fan, but newton eclipsed gabberts numbers in like 9 quarters of football. his numbers are very average.

with the number 3 pick i am looking for a guy who has it all.. production against top competition, a winner, a leader, an athlete, a guy that stands out.. i just dont see gabbert as that at all.
                          Ill defend Gabbert here. Missouri's WR's were plain bad this season. They were all horrible fits for Pinkel's offense and wouldnt know how to work back to their QB if you held their hand when showing them how to do it.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Ill defend Gabbert here. Missouri's WR's were plain bad this season. They were all horrible fits for Pinkel's offense and wouldnt know how to work back to their QB if you held their hand when showing them how to do it.

a good carpenter doesnt blame his tools.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              a good carpenter doesnt blame his tools.

Well, good carpenters generally have very good tools. It is only mediocre carpenters that use black & decker & the like from Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                              X