PDA

View Full Version : What line does Boyes play on?

Ebenezer
02-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Predict the line for Boyes.

Dude
02-28-2011, 11:47 AM
He'll be Connolly's wing.

SkateZilla
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
He'll be Connolly's wing.

Fail.

Dude
02-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Fail.Really? When did you become the head coach? Can you tell us who you guys are trading today?

PTI
02-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Bowes-Stasney-Vanek (I WISH)

SkateZilla
02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Statsny isnt coming to buffalo.

Dude
02-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Fail.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/hear-todays-audio-ruff-to-pair-boyes-with-connolly.html

The Sabres have completed practice in Amherst and Darcy Regier will speak to the media shortly after 3 p.m. in HSBC Arena. It appears Tim Connolly is staying put as Lindy Ruff told us that newly acquired Brad Boyes will be put on the wing on a line with Connolly, his former junior teammate, for Tuesday night's game in New York.

Fail.

SkateZilla
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
well I cant be a "A" student all the time, I have to fail at some things to suceed at others...

Good Call. Completely forgot he played with Boyes before, maybe it will help pull timmy's head out of his arse.

Ebenezer
02-28-2011, 01:49 PM
well I cant be a "A" student all the time, I have to fail at some things to suceed at others...

Good Call. Completely forgot he played with Boyes before, maybe it will help pull timmy's head out of his arse.

they haven't played together in a over decade...they won't be linemates within a week.

SkateZilla
02-28-2011, 02:03 PM
So...

Vanek - Connolly - Boyes?

Electrici
02-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Not sure if its been discussed already, but if Boyes is in, then who gets scratched to make room?

OpIv37
02-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Not sure if its been discussed already, but if Boyes is in, then who gets scratched to make room?

hopefully Special Nieds. The guy is useless.

Electrici
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
One can only hope.

billsfanryan
03-01-2011, 10:52 AM
hopefully Special Nieds. The guy is useless.

One could only hope. Worst player on the team, i don't understand why he hasn't just been cut. let a young guy come get experience instead of keeping someone who doesn't do a thing for your team.

hydro
03-01-2011, 11:16 AM
From what I read it looks like Gerbe is taking a seat tonight...

And it will be Ennis - Connolly - Boyes

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/03/boyes-to-play-with-connolly-ennis.html

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
From what I read it looks like Gerbe is taking a seat tonight...

And it will be Ennis - Connolly - Boyes

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/03/boyes-to-play-with-connolly-ennis.html

Great. Between Connolly's blind backhand passes and Ennis' Afinogenov-like attempts to skate through 4 guys before turning it over, Boyes won't even get to touch the puck.

Ebenezer
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Great. Between Connolly's blind backhand passes and Ennis' Afinogenov-like attempts to skate through 4 guys before turning it over, Boyes won't even get to touch the puck.

so, now Ennis sucks, too??

tampabay25690
03-01-2011, 01:01 PM

U are funny......

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 01:01 PM
so, now Ennis sucks, too??

I've been saying this about Ennis all season.

He has talent but he tries to do too much. He'll skate up and down along the boards, or try to bring the puck into the zone through 4 guys instead of dumping it deep and allowing his teammates to help him chase.

He definitely has speed and hands, yet can't seem to get it through his head that it's not the AHL and he's not going to be able to deke and juke his way through multiple NHL level defenders.

For some reason, it's taking him a long time to learn how to adapt his talent to the NHL level. And I know, someone is going to accuse me of being impatient cuz it is his first full year at the NHL level, but the problem is that he hasn't improved over the course of the year.

Ebenezer
03-01-2011, 01:11 PM
I've been saying this about Ennis all season.

He has talent but he tries to do too much. He'll skate up and down along the boards, or try to bring the puck into the zone through 4 guys instead of dumping it deep and allowing his teammates to help him chase.

He definitely has speed and hands, yet can't seem to get it through his head that it's not the AHL and he's not going to be able to deke and juke his way through multiple NHL level defenders.

For some reason, it's taking him a long time to learn how to adapt his talent to the NHL level. And I know, someone is going to accuse me of being impatient cuz it is his first full year at the NHL level, but the problem is that he hasn't improved over the course of the year.

you impatient? never!!!

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 01:17 PM
all I'm asking for is some sign of improvement. I haven't seen it from Ennis.

Ebenezer
03-01-2011, 01:19 PM
all I'm asking for is some sign of improvement. I haven't seen it from Ennis.

He played most of 2009-10 in the minors. Being up here all year is improvement. The guy has 35 points on a team with no centers and you are looking for improvement? Give the guy a center and maybe he doesn't have to do everything by himself.

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 10:36 PM
He played most of 2009-10 in the minors. Being up here all year is improvement. The guy has 35 points on a team with no centers and you are looking for improvement? Give the guy a center and maybe he doesn't have to do everything by himself.

can we just stop with this crap?

It's the same excuse we've made for the Bills for years.
"Well Whitner would be better if we had a better DL."
"Well Lee Evans would be better with a better QB/OL."
"Well (insert Sabres player) would be better with a better center."

Yes, this is true. it's ALWAYS true. It's easier to play team sports when your teammates are better. This is true for pretty much every player who ever plays a team sports.

Yes, Tyler Ennis lacks centers. That's no excuse for using the same "wrap and stuff" move from behind the goal that never works or trying to skate through 4 players.

I don't know why we are so opposed to holding players responsible for their own performance.