PDA

View Full Version : Martez Wilson...

k-oneputt
02-28-2011, 02:22 PM
..ran a 4.46 40. That's moving for a guy his size. Could he possibly go late 1st rd. now ?

Herzlich and Jones didn't run well .

ParanoidAndroid
02-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure that 40 time is going to make that huge of a diffeence for an ILB. He always had a chance to go late 1st.

Night Train
02-28-2011, 02:42 PM
His 10 yard split and game film showing his willingness to plug the hole is all that matters to the scouts.

k-oneputt
02-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I was liking this guy for the Bills with the 2nd rd. pick.

DraftBoy
02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
I was liking this guy for the Bills with the 2nd rd. pick.

Like you said above...not sure he's there anymore.

Not a huge shock Jones and Herz didnt clock great times, both are a little stiff in the hips. Doesn't hurt them a ton. Both are 3rd imo, though I grade Jones higher.

Buddo
02-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Like you said above...not sure he's there anymore.

Not a huge shock Jones and Herz didnt clock great times, both are a little stiff in the hips. Doesn't hurt them a ton. Both are 3rd imo, though I grade Jones higher.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/martez-wilson-is-combines-fastest-linebacker/

"The linebackers have run their 40-yard dashes at the NFL Scouting Combine, and Martez Wilson of Illinois is the fastest of the bunch, running in a blazing 4.49 seconds.
I’m an Illinois graduate and I watched almost every game of Wilson’s college career, and I’ll just say this: Wilson’s production on the field doesn’t come close to matching his athletic gifts. Signing..."

Could also still be there in the second from the looks of that, and it may be it's the reason he's been generally slotted there all along. I suspect there's a reasonable deal of inconsistency in his play, that will keep him in the second round, either that, or questionable instincts.

He does certainly seem to be a player we could use though, but from the above article, there are issues that need to be looked into.

YardRat
02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Not that I care any about 40 times, but I'd really like to see Wilson there when we pick in the second.

TigerJ
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Yes, it's very possible for Martez Wilson to go in the late first.

psubills62
02-28-2011, 09:00 PM
What I find amusing about this time of year is that about 20-30 prospects are always talked about as sneaking into the late first. It's possible, but then other deserving players who aren't quite as publicized would have to drop. I have little doubt there will be a good player available for us at #34 who will upgrade this team.

alohabillsfan
02-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Dear Bills Front Office, please do not get caught up in 40 times ala last regime and draft football players with proven production. Thank you.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 07:20 AM
Dear Bills Front Office, please do not get caught up in 40 times ala last regime and draft football players with proven production. Thank you.

Have you seen Wilson play?