PDA

View Full Version : I dont want a QB in this draft

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
1. The most important one is that the talent level of this QB class is just plain bad. Neither Gabbert or Newton can clearly seperate themselves as the top QB, both have massive question marks, and neither has shown an "it" factor to me. Everybody behind them is very questionable and as Ive said before the talent in this draft reminds me of the talent in the 02 QB class.

2. Over drafting, we have plenty of holes to fill and for QB's you almost always have to over draft to get the one you want. My theory on that is that if you take a QB in the first four rounds you better damn well believe he's the franchise QB and invest in him. Don't see any of those guys as that guy right now and I dont want to pass on better skilled players in better drafting positions just to take a QB.

3. Lockout. This year more than ever its going to be such a weak impact for the rookie class. Its not their fault, but I dont see a new CBA coming together until late July-mid August. After that we still have to get rookies signed and do FA. There will be almost no camp, there will be no OTA's, and most rookies won't get a playbook till a week or two before the regular season starts. I dont want a rookie QB in that situation, because its mostly a wasted year.

I know plenty of people will disagree with me, so be it.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I agree on all points, my thoughts exactly. We should be able to get 4 new defensive starters and vastley improve our defense.

I would add point number 4 that this is a very talented front 7 defensive class.

The King
03-01-2011, 07:33 AM
Im with you. Lets continue to build the foundation. Fitzy is more than capable of keeping the seat warm.

evol4276
03-01-2011, 07:39 AM
i definately agree with you on this, however i dont think we should completely forego the qb in the draft. i don't feel its fully needed to grab one really high, though i think a later round might be better. I'm not very impressed personally with the QB class this year, and can't really see who stands a better chance for us at the position. The only thing I feel strongly about regarding this is that Newton hasn't shown me much in actual skill at his position. sure he can run like the wind, but in my opinion there is a LOT of uncertainty about him that warrants less confidence towards him that other posters may have. I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with the organization though, so who knows what they may be thinking. All I'm saying is that defense should be priority early on in the draft.

better days
03-01-2011, 07:42 AM
I agree but I would not mind a QB in the 2nd or 3rd if they think one is there that can be developed for the future. Otherwise defense, defense defense.

mayotm
03-01-2011, 08:13 AM
I'm OK with a QB not being drafted, but they need to sign somebody to backup Fitz.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 08:22 AM
i definately agree with you on this, however i dont think we should completely forego the qb in the draft. i don't feel its fully needed to grab one really high, though i think a later round might be better. I'm not very impressed personally with the QB class this year, and can't really see who stands a better chance for us at the position. The only thing I feel strongly about regarding this is that Newton hasn't shown me much in actual skill at his position. sure he can run like the wind, but in my opinion there is a LOT of uncertainty about him that warrants less confidence towards him that other posters may have. I am in no way, shape, or form affiliated with the organization though, so who knows what they may be thinking. All I'm saying is that defense should be priority early on in the draft.

The problem being is, How many starting QB's worth a dam were drafted in the later rounds, just a couple, so selecting a QB in the later rounds is simply taking one for the sake of picking a QB that historically will never pan out. I say pass and use that pick for LB or DB help/depth

Ed
03-01-2011, 08:48 AM
The problem being is, How many starting QB's worth a dam were drafted in the later rounds, just a couple, so selecting a QB in the later rounds is simply taking one for the sake of picking a QB that historically will never pan out. I say pass and use that pick for LB or DB help/depth
I think you could say that for every position though. Most late round picks in general don't pan out. Most have 2-3 year careers at best.

Pinkerton Security
03-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Im def with you, ESPECIALLY bc none of these QBs is a bona fide stud...there is usually at least one guy who stands above the rest, but the fact that Gabbert was a 2nd rounder until Luck stayed in school really throws me off, and now hes supposed to be a top 10 pick? Thats BS. I want the best of the best, not the best of some group that just happens to be weak this year.

psubills62
03-01-2011, 08:59 AM
I can see what you're saying DB, especially about the overdrafting point. That frustrates me as well, and while there's a few guys I wouldn't mind the Bills drafting, I'd really rather not have them in the rounds that it sounds like they'll be going in. Especially since we have an early pick in every round.

My hope is that the QB's will end up similar to last year - dropping like rocks (outside of Tebow and Bradford). Last year it was considered weak too, and guys like Lefevour (who fans expected to go in the 2nd round or so) went in the 6th. I could see something similar happening this year outside of Gabbert/Newton, although last year's draft was probably stronger in other positions.

Buckets
03-01-2011, 08:59 AM
1. The most important one is that the talent level of this QB class is just plain bad. Neither Gabbert or Newton can clearly seperate themselves as the top QB, both have massive question marks, and neither has shown an "it" factor to me. Everybody behind them is very questionable and as Ive said before the talent in this draft reminds me of the talent in the 02 QB class.

2. Over drafting, we have plenty of holes to fill and for QB's you almost always have to over draft to get the one you want. My theory on that is that if you take a QB in the first four rounds you better damn well believe he's the franchise QB and invest in him. Don't see any of those guys as that guy right now and I dont want to pass on better skilled players in better drafting positions just to take a QB.

3. Lockout. This year more than ever its going to be such a weak impact for the rookie class. Its not their fault, but I dont see a new CBA coming together until late July-mid August. After that we still have to get rookies signed and do FA. There will be almost no camp, there will be no OTA's, and most rookies won't get a playbook till a week or two before the regular season starts. I dont want a rookie QB in that situation, because its mostly a wasted year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wern't you one of the posters who last draft season advocated waiting till this year to draft a QB because the talent would be much better? Just asking

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I think you could say that for every position though. Most late round picks in general don't pan out. Most have 2-3 year careers at best.

Alot of those mid round picks provide depth and play special teams, clipboard holders do not.

PTI
03-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Fitz is dreadful and is in his last season of his contract. It would be stupid to not take a QB very high in the draft. The rookie season will be a waste? Yeah, right. Spiller, Troup, and Carrington sure played a lot. What is difference if they take a QB high and he sits the bench. The guys that played sparingly this past season will be on the field more, and you have to hope will make more of an impact in the bad D against the run that we had. If you trust this staff, you have to trust that they picked and signed well last year, and if a QB is up there they have to take him. All three of the OP's reasons are so flawed.

1. Newton has more upside than any player in the draft. Most everyone says this. Some might say he should not be drafted top 3 but still say he is biggest talent in the draft. Both have the size of recent draft QB success stories like Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and Bradford, and even Big Ben. Did I mention Fitzpatrick sucks?

2. I have no clue what you are even saying? Over drafting? You mean reaching? You do realize that QB is the most important position on the field, right? There is no one that believes QBs are bonafide franchise guys taken in rounds 3 and 4. No way. You hope you stuck gold, that is it. Round 1 is your really only sure fire round that teams firmly believe they have a go to guy at this point. Anything else is getting lucky or depth.

3. Lockout, whatever, rookies are less important? Whatever. Rookie QB in what situation? He is likely to not start immediately anyway. He will be fine. There will be a cap on salaries. this is perfect time to take a QB if you really like him. Did I mention Fitz is only under contract for this season coming up? He makes 3 million, do you really want to pay Ryan Crappatrick 5 million a year, that is what he would get if he stays to start the season after if we don't pick a guy and get him ready to play.

Pinkerton Security
03-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Fitz is dreadful and is in his last season of his contract. It would be stupid to not take a QB very high in the draft. The rookie season will be a waste? Yeah, right. Spiller, Troup, and Carrington sure played a lot. What is difference if they take a QB high and he sits the bench. The guys that played sparingly this past season will be on the field more, and you have to hope will make more of an impact in the bad D against the run that we had. If you trust this staff, you have to trust that they picked and signed well last year, and if a QB is up there they have to take him. All three of the OP's reasons are so flawed.

1. Newton has more upside than any player in the draft. Most everyone says this. Some might say he should not be drafted top 3 but still say he is biggest talent in the draft. Both have the size of recent draft QB success stories like Ryan, Flacco, Freeman, and Bradford, and even Big Ben. Did I mention Fitzpatrick sucks?

2. I have no clue what you are even saying? Over drafting? You mean reaching? You do realize that QB is the most important position on the field, right? There is no one that believes QBs are bonafide franchise guys taken in rounds 3 and 4. No way. You hope you stuck gold, that is it. Round 1 is your really only sure fire round that teams firmly believe they have a go to guy at this point. Anything else is getting lucky or depth.

3. Lockout, whatever, rookies are less important? Whatever. Rookie QB in what situation? He is likely to not start immediately anyway. He will be fine. There will be a cap on salaries. this is perfect time to take a QB if you really like him. Did I mention Fitz is only under contract for this season coming up? He makes 3 million, do you really want to pay Ryan Crappatrick 5 million a year, that is what he would get if he stays to start the season after if we don't pick a guy and get him ready to play.
1) Fitz is not dreadful...hes no star but hes capable.
2) Yes, Newton has lots of "potential"...he is nowhere near ready to play NFL ball yet...Fitz would make him look like a complete scrub at this point.

Philagape
03-01-2011, 09:56 AM

That last sentence reveals the flaw in this thinking.
Fitz has nothing to do with Newton or any other QB prospect.
Even if Fitz sucks, that doesn't make any QB prospect better or more appealing.
A prospect should be drafted on his merits alone, so an opinion of Fitz tacked on to a paragraph about Newton is irrelevant.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 10:02 AM
A prospect should be drafted on his merits alone, so an opinion of Fitz tacked on to a paragraph about Newton is irrelevant.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

PTI
03-01-2011, 10:05 AM

Is Fitz worth 5 million a year? That is what he likley would demand as I said to be the starter in 2012. That is what good starters get, at least, I mean, at least.. If you can't say yes to that then he isn't good enough to lead you anywhere.

psubills62
03-01-2011, 10:10 AM
Is Fitz worth 5 million a year? That is what he likley would demand as I said to be the starter in 2012. That is what good starters get, at least, I mean, at least.. If you can't say yes to that then he isn't good enough to lead you anywhere.

Good starters get a lot more than 5 million per year. The Eagles are paying Kevin Kolb something like 10 million per year to be their backup. Elite QB's are making 20+ million per year. 5 million is well below average salary for a starting QB, especially if you don't count guys on low rookie contracts (e.g. Clausen). I'd pay Fitzpatrick 5 million per year without blinking an eye.

Philagape
03-01-2011, 10:18 AM

Again, that has nothing to do with whom they draft where.
If a prospect isn't good enough for a certain spot, nothing about the current Bills will make him any better.

Figster
03-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Considering we have a backup starting in Ryan Fitzpatrick its impossible to imagine Buffalo not addressing the QB position and in a big way. One of Chan Gaileys best attributes is mentoring signal callers, it plays to Buffalo's advantage to take advantage of Gaileys ability of getting the most out of a QB.

Myself personally, I'm a big Cam Newton fan because he's a good fit in many ways. Blaine Gabbert and Ryan Mallet (big man, big arm) could become a possibility if Buffalo does the unthinkable and trades back with Dallas. QB's like Locker or Kaepernick also come to mind or a trade with Philly for Kolb.

Buffalo needs to address the QB position and there are enough good prospects out there to choose from in my opinion.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but wern't you one of the posters who last draft season advocated waiting till this year to draft a QB because the talent would be much better? Just asking

I was, with my eyes mainly set on Andrew Luck with hopes that maybe guys like Locker would reach their full potential. Unfortunately the talent didnt come around, it happens.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Matt Barkley in 2012!!!

ChristopherWalken
03-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I completely agree with the main post.

However, if the overall QB class drops rounds quickly the value to necessity ratio adjusts quite drastically.

For instance (and I'm not suggestioning this is going to happen/purely hypothetical):

If a QB like Newton drops into the 2nd round, the Bills seriously have to consider drafting him.

Again, this is purely hypothetical, but look what happened to Clausen and McCoy last year.

Regardless of what happens with the CBA, the chances of a rookie QB hitting the field for this team this year is pretty slim anyway. If the right QB were to drop rounds, utilize Fitz and pinning a draftee under his wing isn't necessarily a bad thing. On a side note**contract year for Fitz should produce some decent numbers.

I am of the opinion of taking a defensman with the 3rd overall pick.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I completely agree with the main post.

However, if the overall QB class drops rounds quickly the value to necessity ratio adjusts quite drastically.

For instance (and I'm not suggestioning this is going to happen/purely hypothetical):

If a QB like Newton drops into the 2nd round, the Bills seriously have to consider drafting him.

Again, this is purely hypothetical, but look what happened to Clausen and McCoy last year.

Regardless of what happens with the CBA, the chances of a rookie QB hitting the field for this team this year is pretty slim anyway. If the right QB were to drop rounds, utilize Fitz and pinning a draftee under his wing isn't necessarily a bad thing. On a side note**contract year for Fitz should produce some decent numbers.

I am of the opinion of taking a defensman with the 3rd overall pick.

Agreed, but I cant realistically see that happening as of now.

Mad Max
03-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Matt Barkley in 2012!!!

Never heard of him.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Never heard of him.

Starting QB on USC.

Mad Max
03-01-2011, 12:08 PM
Starting QB on USC.

I know. Just having fun with the dummy.

Nighthawk
03-01-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm neither here nor there on the drafting a QB at #3, but you say this EVERY year. This class isn't strong, blah, blah, blah...it's just plain amazing to me.

PTI
03-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Right, the rookie QB won't play at all. Silly to even suggest that. Any rookie QB we take will without a doubt play at least the last 4 games. Many of the recent QBs taken early see the field, NFL is a copy cat league, it is the trend at this point. Trent freaking Edwards played a bunch his rookie season.

Bills at best will be 5-7 and out of it with 4 games left. It would dumb to not play the rookie. Josh Freeman got in at the end of the year and took off the following year on a bad team his rookie season. No one thought he was ready. Played against the same level of competition as a guy like Blaine Gabbert and Sam Bradford did. You have to be really flat out in denial to say there is no chance the rookie QB we draft won't see the field. For as many duds Fitz throws out there he may see the field sooner than later too. This franchise has replaced QBs for a while now instead of resigning to another contract. All signs point to a new guy playing this season and starting next.

TacklingDummy
03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
I know. Just having fun with the dummy.
Who you calling dummy, dummy?

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/you-big-dummy.jpg

Bill Cody
03-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Question marks do not equal lack of talent. I like what Gailey had to say when asked if there was a franchise QB in this draft. He said "probably but we have to figure out which one". That's about right. And that's what we're paying Nix/Gailey to do. Not punt like you're doing, answer the questions and figure out which one and draft him at the right spot. I'm tired as hell of kicking this can down the road.

madness
03-01-2011, 12:43 PM
I feel part of me dies when I say this but... I completely agree with DB.

Mad Max
03-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Who you calling dummy, dummy?

Say hi to Elizabeth for me.

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/msdizzydolores/FishEyedFool.jpg

elltrain22
03-01-2011, 12:53 PM
If you would've asked me about 2 weeks ago, I would've been all for drafting Newton at #3, but the more I hear him talk, the more I am leaning towards not wanting to draft him. Gabbert is too average of a guy to take at #3, and it seems like all the rest of the 2nd or 3rd rounders don't jump out at me (except for Pat Devlin and Andy Dalton).

jamze132
03-01-2011, 01:19 PM
I don't see the problem in drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th this year, especially one that runs a spread.

Ebenezer
03-01-2011, 01:21 PM
Depends on the QB and the round. I don't want anybody at #3. If they take a QB in the 2nd I might be pleased. If they take one in 3 - 5 I'm ok with that. 6th and 7th?? If he is the BPA ok.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm neither here nor there on the drafting a QB at #3, but you say this EVERY year. This class isn't strong, blah, blah, blah...it's just plain amazing to me.

Forgive me for not wanting us to draft guys like Clausen, Pike, or any other name your scrub so far rookie.

Im glad that's you're perogative, but since only this season and last have I said dont draft a QB, you're characterization is way off.

Two years ago I was all for drafting Josh Johnson from San Diego, so please check your facts first.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Question marks do not equal lack of talent. I like what Gailey had to say when asked if there was a franchise QB in this draft. He said "probably but we have to figure out which one". That's about right. And that's what we're paying Nix/Gailey to do. Not punt like you're doing, answer the questions and figure out which one and draft him at the right spot. I'm tired as hell of kicking this can down the road.

No that's exactly what their question marks equal actually. Their on the field production and play leaves plenty to be desired and questioned.

I have no idea what you're alluding to with the rest of your post.

Bill Cody
03-01-2011, 02:41 PM
No that's exactly what their question marks equal actually. Their on the field production and play leaves plenty to be desired and questioned.

I have no idea what you're alluding to with the rest of your post.

Ok let's get down to brass tacks here. Every single solitary player in college football is a question mark to some degree. If you won't acknowlege that you are a fool. It's fun for all of us to pretend we know how kids we have never met and probably never seen practice or even watched on TV more than a handful of times will do in the pros. No offense but you really have no clue how most of them will do and neither do the rest of us.

It's all opinion and you will be wrong a bunch of times as even will the guys that do this for a living. We're paying Nix and Gailey to make the right choices and they have access to a lot more info than we do. It's up to them to get it right but they won't be perfect either. I believe there is a franchise QB in this draft. Just not sure who it is. But Nix/Gailey need to figure that out.

Night Train
03-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Fitz is under contract for another year and the QB situation can be decided this time next year.

In the meantime, load up on Front 7 picks and a TE. It's a 2 year process anyhow moving forward. QB next year.

I agree with DB and the usual suspects can manlove their shiny toy QB's all they want. Still doesn't make them look any better on film. I wasn't impressed with any coming out and the combine confirmed it.

justasportsfan
03-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Matt Barkley in 2012!!!

he's next years Gabbert

I actually like Barkley.

better days
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Forgive me for not wanting us to draft guys like Clausen, Pike, or any other name your scrub so far rookie.

Im glad that's you're perogative, but since only this season and last have I said dont draft a QB, you're characterization is way off.

Two years ago I was all for drafting Josh Johnson from San Diego, so please check your facts first.

Well, most likely more than one of the QB's in this draft will be better than Johnson & I say that as a Bucs fan that has seen him play.

PTI
03-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Fitz is under contract for another year and the QB situation can be decided this time next year.

In the meantime, load up on Front 7 picks and a TE. It's a 2 year process anyhow moving forward. QB next year.

I agree with DB and the usual suspects can manlove their shiny toy QB's all they want. Still doesn't make them look any better on film. I wasn't impressed with any coming out and the combine confirmed it.

Your whole post is just weird. You say it is a 2 year process and not to take a QB but acknowledge that Fitz will be done with his contract. Why not take a QB this year, I mean, it's a 2 year process?

X-Era
03-01-2011, 03:13 PM
1) I respect your opinion as you are someone who puts a tremendous amount of work into researching these players.

2) I also think you're not one to simply discard a prospect just because you don't want us to address that situation.

3) However, I respectfully disagree.

In my opinion, I like a few of these prospects better than anyone outside of Bradford last year. I think this class could be more like the 2004 NFL draft than the 2002 draft personally. It lacks the sure-fire guy, I admit that. But I think the top 3 or even 4 guys are better prospects than Pike. Two or maybe even 3 may only rank about on par with Clausen, but I think 1 or even 2 may rank significantly above Clausen. Gabbert, IMO, has al the tools, mental markup, and leadership to succeed at the next level. I think his arm alone makes him a better prospect than Clausen. As far as Newton, he's this years boom or bust prospect. A team could end up with a start or a dud. It remains to be seen.

As I've said over and over, I can understand this sentiment, and I am not approaching this draft dead-set on any one position in particular.

cookie G
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM
QB's drafted in rounds 1 or 2 are like spouses...you better be damn sure you're getting the right one, or you'll be living with your mistake for years.

X-Era
03-01-2011, 05:20 PM
QB's drafted in rounds 1 or 2 are like spouses...you better be damn sure you're getting the right one, or you'll be living with your mistake for years.And DL are like hookers. You bring them in and pay them a bunch of money to do the dirty work and many aren't worth a ****.

Best I could could come up with on short notice. :D:

YardRat
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Best opening post of the off-season, hands down.

I gave it 15 stars.

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
1) I respect your opinion as you are someone who puts a tremendous amount of work into researching these players.

2) I also think you're not one to simply discard a prospect just because you don't want us to address that situation.

3) However, I respectfully disagree.

In my opinion, I like a few of these prospects better than anyone outside of Bradford last year. I think this class could be more like the 2004 NFL draft than the 2002 draft personally. It lacks the sure-fire guy, I admit that. But I think the top 3 or even 4 guys are better prospects than Pike. Two or maybe even 3 may only rank about on par with Clausen, but I think 1 or even 2 may rank significantly above Clausen. Gabbert, IMO, has al the tools, mental markup, and leadership to succeed at the next level. I think his arm alone makes him a better prospect than Clausen. As far as Newton, he's this years boom or bust prospect. A team could end up with a start or a dud. It remains to be seen.

As I've said over and over, I can understand this sentiment, and I am not approaching this draft dead-set on any one position in particular.

Thank you for your respect and Im sure you know its a one that is mutual.

That being said I disagree with you, I would agree there are a few (Newton, Ponder, Gabbert) who are better prospects than those like Skelton and Pike. However Id put all three of those guys on the same plane as Clausen. Who also has all the physical tools, has the pedigree but just doesnt have the "it".

Gabbert for all his tools still doesnt get the game. He still thinks he can win all on his own, he pushes too much, makes mistakes, and kills drives. You know this, you agree with this. He refuses (2 years and counting now) to allow the game to come to him. He's still young and yes he can learn to do it, but whether it was the Nebraska game in 09 or his bowl game to end his career he has shown little growth in that department.

Newton is just too under developed for me to want to take him where he will go. In the 2nd Round Id love Newton but he wont be there then. Hence the over drafting issue.

Locker for all his potential has shown minimal growth over time, that's a huge red flag for me. Especially working with a QB guru in Sark.

Ponder is a decent to good prospect but I didnt see enough fire out of him at times after his injuries to show me he has the persona to be a field general. This year at times it looked like he was just going through the motions. His on the field and on the sidelines demeanor was not what I want in a QB. That's not to say he's not a leader or sorts, he's just not the kind I want in a franchise QB.

Mallett is probably the one QB Id come closest to being ok with, but I still dont think he ID's blitzes well enough. I know he's not a big film guy and that really bugs me. I want my franchise QB to be a student of the game. That is not Mallett and likely never will be.

Notice I never once mentioned an off the field issue or character concerns. My opinion on not taking a QB is based purely on what these guys have done on the field.

justasportsfan
03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
I'd take this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTmKA-AiFUc

One thing I look for in a qb is if he can throw the ball in tight places and between defenders. I havent seen that in Newton although I've seen that with Mallet but I'm not high on Mallet.

better days
03-02-2011, 08:35 AM
I'd take this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTmKA-AiFUc

One thing I look for in a qb is if he can throw the ball in tight places and between defenders. I havent seen that in Newton although I've seen that with Mallet but I'm not high on Mallet.

Very impressive. Nice throws with zip on the ball, both while in the pocket & on the move. Speaking of move, he can do so pretty well.

Luck may find himself behind this guy in the draft.

Mr. Pink
03-02-2011, 09:00 AM
I'm warming up to the idea of going Kaepernick in the 3rd or 4th over anyone else earlier. Although I'm still a big fan of Locker in the 2nd if he lasts til then.

I'd pass on the Newton/Gabbert sweepstakes.

As DB has said neither has separated from the other and the gap between them and Mallet/Locker is negligible.