deion just pointed out he came into the league at 180 finished at 205

peterson is 219 at age 21 we all know as u become a man u put on that 15-20

there has never been a 240 pound cb and this is where patrick petrson is headed

NOT THE DUDE...
03-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Hes a freak athlete, im sure he will be a 225lbs corner

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
so move him to S and have him crack skulls.

I'd prefer we didn't go CB at 3 though.

Jaybird
03-01-2011, 09:43 AM
He will put on some LB's but he can also work to lower his weight in the later years... Plenty of guys have done it before IE: Michael Strahan

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
What did Devon House run, I hope it was 4.55

SquishDaFish
03-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Some people look to much into everything. The athletes are now getting bigger, stronger and faster. He will carry that weight like Deion did with his im sure

psubills62
03-01-2011, 10:11 AM
What did Devon House run, I hope it was 4.55

He ran a 4.46, actually.

And to the OP: that's a negative? Why is it a guarantee that he'll be gaining 15-20 pounds? I don't see this as an issue in any way, personally.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 10:13 AM
He ran a 4.46, actually.

And to the OP: that's a negative? Why is it a guarantee that he'll be gaining 15-20 pounds? I don't see this as an issue in any way, personally.

Dam he is gone in the 2nd.

madness
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
:rofl: @ this thread...

LSU's Peterson blazes (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/03/lsus-peterson-blazes.html)

March 1, 2011 - 12:48 PM / Comment (http://comments.buffalonews.com/?headline=LSU%27s%20Peterson%20blazes&blogId=6a00d83451b85a69e2014e5f911d87970c&pubDate=2011-03-01&url=http%3A//blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/03/lsus-peterson-blazes.html&author=BillBoard)
Louisiana State cornerback Patrick Peterson ran a blazing 40-yard dash time Tuesday at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.
Peterson, considered a likely top-five pick since the college season ended, ran times of 4.32 and 4.37 seconds, according to unofficial times on the NFL Network. That's phenomenal speed for a cornerback as big as Peterson, who measures 6-foot-1 and 219 pounds.
Peterson is viewed as a safe pick with no off-field issues. He figures to be considered by each of the teams in the top five of the draft, including No. 1 Carolina and No. 3 Buffalo.
---Mark Gaughan

tampabay25690
03-01-2011, 12:57 PM

The guy runs a 4.3.....
Dont see him being 240......
I see NO negative about the guy at all.....

BuffaloBlitz83
03-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Deion and Peterson have totally different body types. Peterson has far more muscle. Talib on TB is 205 at 6'1 and is also one of the better cb's

Ebenezer
03-01-2011, 01:17 PM
1st negative about cb peterson - He's a CB and this team needs a DE desparately.

kingJofNYC
03-01-2011, 02:01 PM
1st negative about cb peterson - He's a CB and this team needs a DE desparately.

And yet McGee/Byrd/McKelvin/Corner are the only sure DBs going into 2011. McGee has been hurt for the majority of two seasons, so I shouldn't even count him. Holes, holes everywhere.

SABURZFAN
03-01-2011, 02:48 PM

which QBs nuts are you hugging on this year?

SABURZFAN
03-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Cam Heyward in the 2nd round will take care of that..... after they draft Peterson in the 1st. :up:

streetkings01
03-01-2011, 03:24 PM
1st negative about cb peterson - He's a CB and this team needs a DE desparately.Why do people say we need a DE desperately? We signed Edwards and drafted Carrington.......how many rookies playing DE in a 3-4 do well their 1st season? I cant see any of those rookies coming in playing a 3-4 and doing a better job than Edwards, Carrington, Johnson or Williams. Picking #3 you either take a franchise QB or a guy that can come in and start from Day#1 and play well. Peterson with his size and speed would give NFL WRs so many problems......not many are strong enough to beat his jam and not many are fast enough to outrun him. I wouldn't be mad if he was the pick, because CB is def a need of the Bills!

djjimkelly
03-01-2011, 03:27 PM
The guy runs a 4.3.....
Dont see him being 240......
I see NO negative about the guy at all.....

im not knocking the kid

its just never been done

he will be 240 in 3-4 years and what then

rcd333
03-01-2011, 03:54 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0301/ncf_a_ppeterson_jh_400.jpg

What do you think he's gonna look like when he "becomes a man"

he's pretty filled out

SquishDaFish
03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
im not knocking the kid

its just never been done

And if he is which I doubt he will he will Carry that weight better then any other person does Im sure

Mahdi
03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
The guy isn`t overly thick. In fact I think the man is perfectly built. One reason he weighs so much is his long arms. I don`t see him ever being 230 or 240.

alohabillsfan
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I think Dareus, Bowers start day 1

Bill Cody
03-01-2011, 04:37 PM
im not knocking the kid

its just never been done

Ok let me get this straight, it's never been done that a guy comes into the league at 220 and stays there? How the hell do you know what he's going to weigh in 3-4 years? Now if you were claiming a 21 year old woman was bound to pack on 20 pounds in 4 years I might buy it.

djjimkelly
03-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Ok let me get this straight, it's never been done that a guy comes into the league at 220 and stays there? How the hell do you know what he's going to weigh in 3-4 years? Now if you were claiming a 21 year old woman was bound to pack on 20 pounds in 4 years I might buy it.

the women is almost a guarantee.

however this is a real concern. trust me this weight thing will be a discussion in many draft rooms.

its just a matter of can u live that in maybe year 3-4-5 a switch to safety is a very possible reality.

if our gm and scouts dont take things like this into consideration i wouldnt consider them qualified.

Nighthawk
03-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Just say no to CB at #3...

tampabay25690
03-01-2011, 07:12 PM
im not knocking the kid

its just never been done

I guess we will see in 3-4 years but I dont see him being 240..........

tampabay25690
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
The guy isn`t overly thick. In fact I think the man is perfectly built. One reason he weighs so much is his long arms. I don`t see him ever being 230 or 240.

yea I have no idea where 230-240 came from anyway....
best athlete in the draft

BuffaloBlitz83
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Mitchell, kick his ass

ServoBillieves
03-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Any video on this yet? Can't find it anywhere

Mr. Pink
03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
It is kind of concern that he could add some more bulk as he grows older but it's not a guarantee that he will. At worst, he'll end up turning into a safety 5-7 years down the line.

stuckincincy
03-02-2011, 09:15 AM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0301/ncf_a_ppeterson_jh_400.jpg

What do you think he's gonna look like when he "becomes a man"

he's pretty filled out

He'll have those tattoos removed? :anvil:

Gawd, I'm glad I grew up in a time when getting inked up, and getting harpooned with studs in lips, noses, ears, tongues - and other body parts - wasn't in vogue.

christhebillsfan783
03-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Only way we are drafting a DB at 3 is if he is from Ohio State lol.

tampabay25690
03-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I have been on record to say that I think Patrick Peterson is about the most sure thing in this draft............

Let me ask you guys how do you let a Future Pro bowler slip through your fingers???

I know we need DL help bad but this would help huge in are secondary.
I will not be upset if we don't draft him but Im just saying the guy is the BPA in this draft if he even is there.......
I really believe the Bills if CAM has a good Pro day at Auburn he will be the pick....

BidsJr
03-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Let me ask you guys how do you let a Future Pro bowler slip through your fingers???

Can't have a PB CB without a pass rush. As a matter of fact, I would much rather have a PB DL or QB than a PB CB.

No CB is worth #3.

Mahdi
03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Can't have a PB CB without a pass rush. As a matter of fact, I would much rather have a PB DL or QB than a PB CB.

No CB is worth #3.
Tell that to Charles Woodson.

EDS
03-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Let us all remember that Charles Woodson's value these days is tied heavily to his leadership skills and smarts, in addition to his physical abilities.

We all know the Bills could use a star player anywhere, but the reality is the defense needs a difference maker in the front 7 first and foremost (well, unless they get a franchise QB that can allow the team to play with a lead most of the time).

If the Bills remain committed to a 3-4 defense we are probably looking at 2 more years of building up that unit - as they are in dire need of improved DL play, pass rushers, run stuffing ILBs and two reliable defensive backs.

Mahdi
03-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Let us all remember that Charles Woodson's value these days is tied heavily to his leadership skills and smarts, in addition to his physical abilities.

We all know the Bills could use a star player anywhere, but the reality is the defense needs a difference maker in the front 7 first and foremost (well, unless they get a franchise QB that can allow the team to play with a lead most of the time).

If the Bills remain committed to a 3-4 defense we are probably looking at 2 more years of building up that unit - as they are in dire need of improved DL play, pass rushers, run stuffing ILBs and two reliable defensive backs.
I disagree with this. Charles Woodson's value is in his versatility and All Pro skills as a DB. He is one of the best football players let alone DBs in the league. He rushes the passer, can play inside on a slot WR or TE, can take away a top WR and can also play as a roaming safety. That is his value. Many of the same characteristics Peterson has, both are just great football players.

As for our DL I don't see another 2 years needed to build up the front 7. You have to factor in experience into the equation for the rookies we had and also familiarity of the scheme by the entire defense. They will already be that much better going into next season. Then add in Merriman and a couple ILBs that can stop the run and you have a completely different unit.

You can easily make a case that CB is a bigger need than DL. On the DL we have a PBer, a solid vet (Edwards), a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick from last year (both looked good towards the end of the season).

At CB we have 1 aging CB who can't stay on the field (McGee), one young CB who has yet to hit his potential (I still like McKelvin), and a borderline slot CB (Corner).

EDS
03-03-2011, 01:23 PM
I disagree with this. Charles Woodson's value is in his versatility and All Pro skills as a DB. He is one of the best football players let alone DBs in the league. He rushes the passer, can play inside on a slot WR or TE, can take away a top WR and can also play as a roaming safety. That is his value. Many of the same characteristics Peterson has, both are just great football players.

As for our DL I don't see another 2 years needed to build up the front 7. You have to factor in experience into the equation for the rookies we had and also familiarity of the scheme by the entire defense. They will already be that much better going into next season. Then add in Merriman and a couple ILBs that can stop the run and you have a completely different unit.

You can easily make a case that CB is a bigger need than DL. On the DL we have a PBer, a solid vet (Edwards), a 2nd round pick and a 3rd round pick from last year (both looked good towards the end of the season).

At CB we have 1 aging CB who can't stay on the field (McGee), one young CB who has yet to hit his potential (I still like McKelvin), and a borderline slot CB (Corner).

Last year at this time it was widely believed that the secondary was the strongest unit on the team. Why? Because there were a few solid vets and some young guys who people believed would mature into quality starters.

Fast forward a year. Now these guys stink. This is largely due to the lack of progress by McToast and Byrd.

The reality is that both McToast and Byrd had demonstrated alot more ability at their respective positions than either Troupe or Carrington have in their rookie years. So to assume they will improve and grow into meaningful roles is extremely premature.

Relying on Merriman is not a smart play either at this point given the number of years it has been since he last made an impact in the NFL. Also, I am not sure where these inside linebackers are coming from - free agency does not seem like a realistic option which leaves the draft, which is not exactly loaded with ILBs this year.

Moreover, the Bills defense is historically bad and needs to be addressed. You can't have a good defense in the NFL without a stud in your front 7. A corner is not going to make a meaningful impact on the run defense. An impact front 7 player will.

Mahdi
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Last year at this time it was widely believed that the secondary was the strongest unit on the team. Why? Because there were a few solid vets and some young guys who people believed would mature into quality starters.

Fast forward a year. Now these guys stink. This is largely due to the lack of progress by McToast and Byrd.

The reality is that both McToast and Byrd had demonstrated alot more ability at their respective positions than either Troupe or Carrington have in their rookie years. So to assume they will improve and grow into meaningful roles is extremely premature.

Relying on Merriman is not a smart play either at this point given the number of years it has been since he last made an impact in the NFL. Also, I am not sure where these inside linebackers are coming from - free agency does not seem like a realistic option which leaves the draft, which is not exactly loaded with ILBs this year.

Moreover, the Bills defense is historically bad and needs to be addressed. You can't have a good defense in the NFL without a stud in your front 7. A corner is not going to make a meaningful impact on the run defense. An impact front 7 player will.
And this is exactly the point that makes the least drafting sense of them all...

"How does a CB fix the run defense?"

Where does it say that you have to draft a player #3 overall to fix your run defense? There are 6 other rounds and we have 2 picks in the 4th.

Again, KC had the worst run defense in 2009 and they didn't go ahead and pick the best run stuffer with their top 5 pick. They took the best player, Eric Berry, and relied on improvement in their front 7 to stop the run which they did.

And yes, our secondary did look strong but a year later not so much, especially at CB. I think McKelvin's ceiling is Assante Samuel and we have no one else that can be relied on.

This argument just proves you need to take BPA because there are many ways to improve your team, the best way is to get the player you think will be the best in the long run, not just patching up your biggest current problem.

EDS
03-03-2011, 02:06 PM
And this is exactly the point that makes the least drafting sense of them all...

"How does a CB fix the run defense?"

Where does it say that you have to draft a player #3 overall to fix your run defense? There are 6 other rounds and we have 2 picks in the 4th.

Again, KC had the worst run defense in 2009 and they didn't go ahead and pick the best run stuffer with their top 5 pick. They took the best player, Eric Berry, and relied on improvement in their front 7 to stop the run which they did.

And yes, our secondary did look strong but a year later not so much, especially at CB. I think McKelvin's ceiling is Assante Samuel and we have no one else that can be relied on.

This argument just proves you need to take BPA because there are many ways to improve your team, the best way is to get the player you think will be the best in the long run, not just patching up your biggest current problem.

Peterson may be the best athlete available, but I am less certain he is the best player.

Mahdi
03-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Peterson may be the best athlete available, but I am less certain he is the best player.
What about his career would lead you to believe he is only an athlete? He has been dominant for most of his college career as a CB and as a returner.

For me he is the most complete prospect available.

Was just icing on the cake that he ran 4.34 at 219 pounds.

tampabay25690
03-03-2011, 06:05 PM

You are correct 150%

tampabay25690
03-03-2011, 06:07 PM
What about his career would lead you to believe he is only an athlete? He has been dominant for most of his college career as a CB and as a returner.

For me he is the most complete prospect available.

Was just icing on the cake that he ran 4.34 at 219 pounds.

You are right most experts think he is the best player in the draft as well.....

Mahdi
03-03-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d81e940b4/Patrick-Peterson-s-draft-stock

Pretty much confirms what some of us been saying here.