PDA

View Full Version : Going to Canadians-Thrashers game tonight

PTI
03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Who is it better to root for? Do Sabres have any chance to catch Montreal or do we just want Atlanta to go a peg lower and a step closer to desperate hockey in which they have to sell out for 2 point regulation games? I will watch Sabres-Rangers on DVR when I get home. I think the Sabres can really only make 7th place at most.

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
if the Thrashers win and we lose, they're tied with us in points. I hate to say it, but at this point it probably benefits the Sabres more to put some distance between us and the teams on our heels than worrying about teams 3 slots ahead in the standings.

chernobylwraiths
03-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Try and start a "let's go Buffalo" chant!

PTI
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Try and start a "let's go Buffalo" chant!

We'll see. Will be wearing a Sabres hat, but I will throw in a Thrashers jersey I got for free in a contest. I bet I could, there might be like 14 people there. I usually do root for Atlanta, mostly because if they have some success they will stay in Atlanta, and I get to see some NHL hockey games live. Just hate all the 3 point games the NHL has.

OpIv37
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
We'll see. Will be wearing a Sabres hat, but I will throw in a Thrashers jersey I got for free in a contest. I bet I could, there might be like 14 people there. I usually do root for Atlanta, mostly because if they have some success they will stay in Atlanta, and I get to see some NHL hockey games live. Just hate all the 3 point games the NHL has.

either skip the jersey or skip the Sabres hat.

Don't be one of those guys who wears the hat of one team and the shirt/jacket/jersey of another team in the same sport.

Dude
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
either skip the jersey or skip the Sabres hat.

Don't be one of those guys who wears the hat of one team and the shirt/jacket/jersey of another team in the same sport.Or the guy who wears team apparel to games in which that team isn't playing.

PTI
03-02-2011, 10:40 AM
27 people at the game. Carey Price was spectacular. Thrashers peppered him with the not Sabres like shots that hit the goalie right in the middle of the emblem on the chest, some real nice saves. Poo on the bad advice, I wore my Thrashers jersey and my Sabres hat and my cool as hell Sabres blue and gold wristbands. I was by far the coolest looking person there.

JD
03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
27 people at the game. Carey Price was spectacular. Thrashers peppered him with the not Sabres like shots that hit the goalie right in the middle of the emblem on the chest, some real nice saves. Poo on the bad advice, I wore my Thrashers jersey and my Sabres hat and my cool as hell Sabres blue and gold wristbands. I was by far the coolest looking person there.

:rofl: @ the 27

Move that team immediately. Quebec deserves them.